OS X Mountain Lion Developer Preview 3 Seeded to Developers!

Kynyo

35 posts in this topic

Apple has released OS X Mountain Lion Developer Preview 3 to those registered with the Mac Developer program. The new build comes as 12A178q and includes many bug fixes, though it still includes a fairly lengthy list of known issues and bugs. This is the third beta release of OS X Mountain Lion, which currently has a rough public release date of "Summer".

Developers can download OS X Mountain Lion DP3 from the App Store, though logging in through the developer center is necessary in order to receive a redemption code.

os-x-mountain-lion-dp3.jpg

Release Notes

OS X Mountain Lion Developer Preview 3 is prerelease software. Do not use this prerelease software in a commercial operating environment or with important data. You should back up all of your data before installing this software and regularly back up data while using the software. You will not be able to upgrade from the OS X Mountain Lion Developer Preview to the final release.

If an installation of OS X Developer Preview 3 fails, try using Disk Utility from a Recovery HD to repair the disk.

Architecture Requirements

The OS X Mountain Lion Developer Preview supports the following Macs:

• iMac (Mid 2007 or later)

• MacBook (13-inch Aluminum, Late 2008), (13-inch, Early 2009 or later)

• MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid-2009 or later), (15-inch, Mid/Late 2007 or later), (17-inch, Late 2007 or later)

• MacBook Air (Late 2008 or later)

• Mac Mini (Early 2009 or later)

• Mac Pro (Early 2008 or later)

Known Issues

- On systems with FileVault enabled, canceling the restart to the Mountain Lion Developer Preview 3 Installer may leave your system unable to present a password dialog at boot time. You

can repair the problem by holding down command-R to boot to the Recovery OS and then using Disk Utility to unlock and Repair your volume.

- Installing OS X 10.8 over 10.7.2 or earlier with FileVault turned on may fail

- Pre-Lion FileVault user accounts are not supported in this Developer Preview

- Some Apple menu items such as Restart may not work when a sandboxed app is in the foreground

- iTunes no longer syncs Notes

- Mail’s photo browser cannot access the iPhoto library

- Back to My Mac doesn’t work for the first 5 minutes after rebooting

- DVD Player may not launch after inserting a DVD on some systems

- Most help topics are unavailable in this Developer Preview

- In the Recovery HD:

- Some icons may be missing

- Network Utility’s Lookup pane does not work

- Time Machine restoration via a AFP share does not work

- Restoring from a Time Machine backup via AFP does not work

- Migration from a Time Machine backup that excludes paths such as /System may yield an unusable system

- Brightness settings may change unexpectedly after reboot

- Display brightness may be dim after sleep or reboot

- If Mail is hidden at logout time, it may not be correctly relaunched during a subsequent login but will appear to be running

- Java applets may not work in Safari

- QuickTime screen recordings may produce corrupted videos or cause an exception when run on machines with NVDIA graphics

Game Center

- In this seed, the Game Center application will view Production data by default. Games in development will be programmatically switched to use the Sandbox server environment

- No Top Games are displayed on the Me tab and no game recommendations are shown on the Games tab

- To use Game Center in your game on OS X, you must install a provisioning profile that enables Game Center for your app. Code signing, entitlements, and provisioning profiles are all

described in detail in Tools Workflow Guide for Mac

- Multiplayer gaming with Game Center between iOS and OS X is not available in this seed

- In the Game Center app, game detail information such as game provider, pricing, etc. is not displayed

- The local peer-to-peer GameKit API (GKSession, GKPeerPickerController, and related classes) is not supported

Bug Reporting

This build is being provided to you for testing and development purposes. Should you encounter any problems, please submit a bug report using the online Bug Reporter at bugreporter.apple.com/>. Please make sure to include “10.8 (12A178q)” in the bug title and description. This information will ensure that your bug is processed quickly.

When submitting a bug report, please make sure to include a Summary, Steps to Reproduce, Expected Results, Actual Results, and the diagnostic output generated by running ʻsudo sysdiagnoseʼ in the Terminal.

For complete instructions on submitting bug reports, please visit the Bug Reporting page at .

Thank you for your support.

Apple World wide Developer Relations

Running, but worse as DP1/DP2 - some thing major change in AppleHDA (known .XML file overwrite not possible - they are all gone) and also OpenCL / OpenGL on my 9600 GT has some major problems.

I post that in the ML post install thread for discuss / solution research.

I can't Install this preview!? :S

I did restore the Basesystem.dmg to my external hdd, and then did copy the Packages folder to System/installation/

And did copy the kernel to the HDD.

It boots from my hdd, then i get a mouse pointer with the grey braided pattern screen.... And nothing happens after that :S

I did install Lion and the DP 1 & 2 on this way, and i had never this problem.

Is something changed in this DP in the install process maybe?

How did you guys install this developer preview?

"It boots from my hdd, then i get a mouse pointer with the grey braided pattern screen.... And nothing happens after that :S"

Maybe FakeSMC.kext not loaded... Copy that to /system/extensions/, than boot with UseKernelCache=No flag.

Maybe use of a DSDT solution and AppleHDA & ALC8xxx restore will do the trick!

Of course "old" AppleHDA.kext solution work...

But as I say in the previous post...

Would be nice find a way to "patch" the new AppleHDA.kext

Fabio

It boots from my hdd, then i get a mouse pointer with the grey braided pattern screen.... And nothing happens after that :S

I get the same thing. It boots down through "DSMOS has arrived", the video kicks in and I have the blue/grey linen wallpaper where the language selection should be (but isn't) and a cursor. If you click the mouse, it goes to a spinning beach ball.

I've easily installed and booted both DP1 and DP2. But something is wrong here.

hi

for the ati users

the ati kext all new, if u use edited kext, must see the kext, all new , new names amd*.kext

new amdradeonacelerator.kext

new info.plist

good hack

With ATI, have some probs running a few benches, like new Galaxies, but old one works, but maxes out the scales. Besides benches tho, everything OK, Skyrim, Modernwarefare 2, Duke Nukem, all play fine, ci/qe, open gl, all good. works with and without GE=yes

Benchmark probs were due to The Unarchiver app, anything I unzip with it under lion or ML won't work, deleted and re-downloaded from app store, same result. Using built in archiver or 7zX works fine. Have always loved Unarchiver app so hope they fix it.

After manage to install xcode 4.4...but having no "premium ADC account"...how can i manage for install xcode command line tools?

After manage to install xcode 4.4...but having no "premium ADC account"...how can i manage for install xcode command line tools?

you have dev account? Don't know of anyway around this requirement. 99$ per year and worth every penny!

I get the same thing. It boots down through "DSMOS has arrived", the video kicks in and I have the blue/grey linen wallpaper where the language selection should be (but isn't) and a cursor. If you click the mouse, it goes to a spinning beach ball.

I've easily installed and booted both DP1 and DP2. But something is wrong here.

Yeah I've exactly the same!!! :S

Have you done an clean install or installed over DP2 ?

Does OpenCL Benches work correct / Unique Heaven OpenGL Bench ?

I have an 9600 GT (installed DP3 over DP2) and have major probs with OpenCL Benches + also Unique Heaven OpenGL bench (stalls / freeze).

In which path of AppleHDA is that xml.zlib file ?

about AppleHDA and *.xml.zlib in /Contents/Resources/

download this script, and use the following terminal commands

zlib.pl.zip

for unpack

perl zlib.pl inflate layout99.xml.zlib > layout99.xml

for pack

perl zlib.pl deflate layout99.xml > layout99.xml.zlib

source link

sorry for my english

• Like 1