Going mad - ATI Radeon HD 6870 - No wake up

kernnell

5 posts in this topic

My Hachintosh started with a 9800GTX+ an was working perfectly, then i upgraded my graphics card to a ATI 6870 and didn't even had to change anything, it just worked without reinstalling (Graphicsenabler=on or off). Sleep / wake and all.

Then i had the brilliant idea to try and plug it to my living rom LCD via HDMI, and that´s when my problems started.

1 - i was getting a white screen at boot, returned to my DVI monitor and guess what? white scree! without changing any thing!

2 - reinstalled the dam thing and after reeboot… white scree! This whiteout installing anything, just booting from the installation pen to first install fakeSMC and etc.

3 - Solved it by installing chameleon and copying the old extra folder using another hachintosh.

4 - after that the device was showing like ATI Radeon HD 6xxx, and the system wouldn't wake up from sleep any more. it would sleep normally, fans stopped, when waking fans start monitor comes on, but no image… all black

(all this with the same hardware, same extra folder with same old DSDT and bios settings and latest chameleon r1817)

5 - Because i know GE=yes solved the 6xxx, to a more accurate 6870 in device propreties, i tried to turn it back on… guess what? white screen at boot! (i used it because i somehow hoped it who'd fix wake up)

6 - for last i used this solution http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=40699&p=317842#p317842 that changed my device to a more proper ATI Radeon HD 6800, but still no wake up, and still can´t use GraphicsEnabler=yes without getting the stupid white screen at boot.

I have been very frustrated the las few days and i´m seriously thinking about going back to windows. nothing makes sense! if it worked before, why can't it work now?

Please help! before i go mad.

They say this card works OOB! i can't even instal the system on it without using another hachintosh.

New clean instal, newly patched dsdt, same sleep problem.

Fans start, hdd starts, but the graphics card won't.

managed to force GraphicsEnabler=yes using

key>AtiConfig</key>
<string>Duckweed</string>

it makes no difference what so ever.

whit or without GE=Yes, kexts are being loaded and i have QE/CI (51 frames on cinebench 11)

com.apple.kext.ATISupport
com.apple.kext.ATI6000Controller
com.apple.ATIRadeonX3000
com.apple.kext.ATIFramebuffer

this stupid thing just won't wake up properly.

• 1 month later...

My install won't wake from sleep via HDMI either. On my sapphire 6870 only DVI will wake from sleep.

Did you get it working? Is it a frame buffer issue? Anyone?

Used Emory's 6870 kext 10.7.3 from this forum now sleep works fine.