iATKOS L2, Stuck on Apple Logo - Start failed to get ACPI path for provider

TheNavigator

300 posts in this topic

EDIT: For those who are searching for the way I got it working, please PM me. I'll post a guide on how I did everything working when I finish installing 10.7.4.

I'm trying to install iATKOS L2. It gets stuck on Apple logo. I went to BIOS, changed SATA type to AHCI, and then ran it again, stuck again, but at that rotating loading icon. Then I saw that AHCI is not required for iATKOS, so I booted again with IRRT (Intel.... (something) ), then I booted in verbose (I guess it was called so) mode. It showed that error.

Just a P.S.:

I'm new to Mac. I tried it on VMWare, but never tried a dual boot thing. So please be simple when talking about Mac, be complicated as you wish if you're talking about something found in other OSs :)

Pic of the error:

s3ha3a.jpg

It appears (after) the iATKOS logo, then background, then some text, then black window, then this :|

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

PC Specs:

2 GB RAM

Intel® Core2 Duo CPU P8400 @ 2.26 GHZ 2.27 GHZ

What else shall I list here?

And I'll try booting with those flags and see :|

Thanks for your reply anyway

Also, it supports virtualization and 64-bit.

A VM version works here perfectly, but iATKOS dual boot doesn't even install as I said above.

That's what I ended up with when I tried -v -x

image0727.jpg

Graphics card/chip/manufacturer? Desktop/laptop? Mobo Manufacturer/Model? Sata Controller Type?iIDE? You putting OSX and win on same drive? In the meantime, although almost impossible to even know where to start without a lot more info, since it looks like its not kernel panicking. Try same boot flags as above and add "GraphicsEnabler=No" exactly as written but without the quotes

• Like 1

list your mobo make and bios version.

is yr dvd drive and usb working ok??do you have access to a mac or hackintosh??

try another distro iatkos, leo4all, do a google search.

• Like 2

@eep537, Graphics card is a built-in intel one. It's a laptop. Mobo is intel. SATA controller type is IRRT. And no not on the same partition, but on the same drive. And I don't think it's graphics, but I'll try unless you post before I do that.

@bigben, BIOS is Dell Inc. A26. And both work perfectly. And yes, I'm using a 10.7.1 hackintosh on VMWare.

And well, I wanna use iATKOS as it's the most one supported. Moreover, I tried it on VMWare and it works perfectly. But dual boot would be better (at least for the RAM side) of course. Specially 'cause I use Xcode...

EDIT: Using GraphicsEnabler=No, ended up with the exact same result and the exact same text.

By the way, while loading stuff with that gray background of iATKOS, I noticed something

PCI table not found

:|

OK, gonna make this easier. What model Dell laptop do you have? Is the built in Intel Graphics GMA950 or HD3000 or somewhere in between?

P.S. VM ware compatibility has no relation to real hardware compatibility. VM ware loads virtual hardware and drivers for the OS to interpret as if it was real. So no VM ware program is gonna try to throw a curve at the OS and emulate a Tandy motherboard with two tape drives in RAID0. That being said, I've never used a distro on my own stuff but I've used that distro on other peoples systems with great success, but have never met a Dell that wasn't a pain a** to get working right. Can you disable one of the cpu cores in bios until you get it going? Not sure on your model, cause don't know what model you have yet, but some have cpu clock sync probs, but will still work briefly between all the freezes and wont hurt anything in the meantime. And change sata back to AHCI

• Like 1

once you get the model # off the screen bezzel or by the keyboard, if you google dell #### (substitute #### with your model, i.e inspiron 1520) hackintosh how to install tutorial -- I can almost guarantee youl find at least one step by step guide on how to install osx on your pc and other people who have had and solved just about any problem you may encounter with the same hardware. Sorry if it sounds like I'm being rude, truth is since there prob a guide already written, it's better for you cause you can go through it at your own pace and if somebody already went through a lot of work making a guide might as well use it. Then any questions that come up that you don't find any answers for, feel free to ask.

I'm guessing you may have this model, and can follow this tutorial if so. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=134430&st=120

• Like 1

I have Dell E6500. It "looks like" it's LGD016d driver. For disabling the core, I'll try and check. Also I already tried changing it to AHCI, didn't work.

Thanks for the link, I'll follow it and check. Thanks again for your help :)

EDIT: That's not for iATKOS bro .___.

I have Dell E6500. It "looks like" it's LGD016d driver. For disabling the core, I'll try and check. Also I already tried changing it to AHCI, didn't work.

Thanks for the link, I'll follow it and check. Thanks again for your help :)

EDIT: That's not for iATKOS bro .___.

For running single core, it would just be a bios setting like "multicore processor yes/no", if you don't get any temporary freezing during install, don't worry about it. As far as tutorial no being for iAtkos, doesn't matter, all the same issues and fixes still apply. Not to diminish the work that went into it, cause they do a good job, but all iAtkos is is the retail installer slimmed down by removing unnecessary language packs and printer drivers, a boot loader with a driver set that is pre-loaded to help with compatability on a range of PCs, and an add on to the installer to also install bootloader and some other common kernel extensions during the OS install instead of after as would normally be the case. The extensions needed for your system, boot options, bios settings etc, will all be the same regardless of what install method or distro you use. iAtkos is still not one click install, you need to know what extensions to choose for your hardware, which can be tricky without a bit of research. Rarely can any guide be absolute step by step, you just have to adapt it to your own needs and learn some usefull things along the way. If it was that easy, these forums wouldn't exist.

• Like 1

It looks like I can't find the required Kexts :(

I managed to get the installation running quite smoothly with the same DVD on an Inspiron N4030 Dell laptop.. Why am I unlucky? .__.

You need to research each individual parts in your laptop to see if there are any known issues, and if you can't find a guide for your specific model, compare its specs to other laptops (doesn't have to be from Dell) and then try to find guide for a laptop that's as similar to yours as you can. Try to find one that has at least the same chipset and CPU family.

I wouldn't use iAtkos if I were you, for the following reasons:

1. It is illegal

2. Distros are synonymous with trouble. Retail installations are always much more stable and secure. I have a retail SL guide in my sig.

If you really want to use iAtkos (not recommended, I hate distros), boot with npci=0x2000 and see what happens.

If you have a Lion guide, that would be much much better. But I'll try that and see.

And by the way, retail copy is illegal too. Apple's EULA states that you can't use its products on non-apple computers.

Reached the same point.. Caught this shot anyway

2a9dtdy.jpg

I'm working on it - Lion ModCD is going to be released by mid-April (hopefully). :)

Actually, it's not - Apple's EULA is not a legal agreement. Apple can't legally prosecute you for breaking the EULA, that wasn't even their argument against Psystar (they said that Psystar circumvented "technologies" to decrypt encrypted data, breaking the DMCA, which you can be legally prosecuted for breaking). Pirating OS X (distros) is (for sure, since Apple's claim against Psystar has not quite been proven although the Supreme Court agreed) illegal.

Did you boot with npci=0x2000?

Really? Then was a forum going to ban me because of sharing hackintosh data? -___-

And yep. I booted with -v npci=0x2000, and only npci=0x2000. The first displayed the same result, the second stucked at the Apple Logo

And I'm still sure that the CD is perfect as it works perfectly on another laptop as mentioned above .__.

It's still a controversial issue, legal or not. Which forum?

You might need a DSDT...as Gringo said, look up your system and see if you can find any enlightenment. :)

I wouldn't stick with iAtkos - others may have done another distro or retail. Just search Dell E6500.

Searched a lot. The newest thing I found is Snow Leopard :(

10.7.3, or at least 10.7 is highly required for me to use Xcode 4.. I wish I can find help :(

EDIT: Found this. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=134430&st=0

But I bet that's English. What does he mean by Ghost? And what if I want to make a single partition apart from other partitions for Mac? What should I use? EasyBCD or Boot-123 CD??

I hope your ModCD thing is released fast mate. I hope I can help .___.

I believe it's Norton Ghost, which is a backup program if I remember right. That guide's ancient; it's 10.5 Leopard!

The proper way to upgrade to Lion is via Snow. So Snow Leopard isn't that bad. ;)

If you want to create a new partition apart from the others without erasing anything, you need to use GParted. For dual-booting, you can use Chameleon or EasyBCD, both of which I have methods for in my guide.

If you happen to know Perl scripting and shell scripting you can help me prepare the ModCD. :) Otherwise you can just test it when I'm done.

• 1 month later...

*After bearing the case on VMWare*

It came to a critical point where I MUST install it as a dual boot. VMWare sucks. It's very slow and crashes a lot. I've found some good places out there. Check those please.

http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1346-totally-new-mac-os-x-lion-on-dell-e6500/page__pid__9063&do=findComment&comment=9063

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewforum.php?f=170

I still can't find a way to do it. :(

I believe it's Norton Ghost, which is a backup program if I remember right. That guide's ancient; it's 10.5 Leopard!

The proper way to upgrade to Lion is via Snow. So Snow Leopard isn't that bad. ;)

If you want to create a new partition apart from the others without erasing anything, you need to use GParted. For dual-booting, you can use Chameleon or EasyBCD, both of which I have methods for in my guide.

If you happen to know Perl scripting and shell scripting you can help me prepare the ModCD. :) Otherwise you can just test it when I'm done.

Unfortunately no :( I only know C, C++, Visual Basic and Objective-C. Plus some of website development, forum softwares and server administration experience. Still not enough for hackintosh...

I tried to attach the DSDT.aml file for my laptop. The iATKOS dmg isn't writable. I tried to convert it using hdiutil (I guess that's how it was called) and it gave me errors. I tried to mount it, copy the files, then paste them, and add the DSDT. It worked, but when I try to make a new .dmg, the OS crashes. I'm using VMWare with Lion 10.7.1. It's hard to access Mac currently. (I can tell you why if you care about stories). I guess I'll have to install Snow Leopard or wait for about 4 days or something to have access to a real mac so I can make the .dmg. I think that would make it work. Is there a solution for attaching the DSDT file for me though? I tried copying them to windows too, but some files were not copied, like BaseDMG (Probably that was its name) and others. I have linux (Ubuntu) too. Would it work on Ubuntu? I just need to get the .dmg file and burn it through transmac.

I'm waiting for ModCD. I hope I can help, and that it's released soon :)

Shouldn't be a need to attach DSDT to a distro, but if you want to, just put it on a usb drive and when you get to the bootloader screen hit f8 to stop it from booting and add boot flag DSDT="path to dsdt"/dsdt.aml