Still waiting for root device (USB Installer) on Asus X53S Laptop! Please help!

majrul

11 posts in this topic

Hi,

I tried all the options but i am unable to get past this error "still waiting for root device"

I prepared a USB Installer for Lion, but i am unable to get past this error. Tried everything, PCIRootUID=0 as well as 1, rd=diskXXX, -f, -v, boot-uuid=...

But none of the options have helped. Some of the solutions i found was only applicable to PC users and not Laptop users.

I am sure i will receive some positive help from this thread!

-Majrul

Hi

please put your rig, to be easier to help...

unplug all the others Hd you have, and enable USB legacy on bios..

c.frio

sorry my english..

Hi,

Unfortunately no such option in the BIOS. Even i tried a similar chameleon option to enable legacy USB support but in vain. Please help!

Hi,

I tried all the options but i am unable to get past this error "still waiting for root device"

I prepared a USB Installer for Lion, but i am unable to get past this error. Tried everything, PCIRootUID=0 as well as 1, rd=diskXXX, -f, -v, boot-uuid=...

But none of the options have helped. Some of the solutions i found was only applicable to PC users and not Laptop users.

I am sure i will receive some positive help from this thread!

-Majrul

Try with

-v npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No darkwake=0 busratio=20 PCIRootUID=1

busratio must match this table

ibusratios.png

Oops, the problem has still not got resolved! :-(

I don't know what happened but after i switched off the laptop, removed the external usb hard disk from which i had started the installer, and when i tried booting the laptop using the internal hdd with the same options, i once again goes back to the same old still waiting for root device problem. If i plug the USB hard disk again and start the installer, i am able to do it by typing rd=disk1s1. If i try the same rd=disk0s3 for my internal hdd on which i have installed Lion on partion no. 3, still the same old error.

Please help!

Also PciRoot=0 helped in fixing the error instead of PCIRootUID. But the weird thing is that i cannot boot in safe mode, i.e. -x -v, if i try that, i get stuck up in the same error. Maybe it's because the AHCI kext are not getting loaded correctly in safe mode. Any solution guys?

To add one more point, only if i start the installer using -x -v, then only it starts or else the same error.

So that means:

Installation starts only if i use -x -v or else i will be stuck on still waiting for root device error

Booting starts only if i don't use -x option or else i will be stuck on still waiting for root device error

So so weird.

Also PciRoot=0 helped in fixing the error instead of PCIRootUID. But the weird thing is that i cannot boot in safe mode, i.e. -x -v, if i try that, i get stuck up in the same error. Maybe it's because the AHCI kext are not getting loaded correctly in safe mode. Any solution guys?

To add one more point, only if i start the installer using -x -v, then only it starts or else the same error.

So that means:

Installation starts only if i use -x -v or else i will be stuck on still waiting for root device error

Booting starts only if i don't use -x option or else i will be stuck on still waiting for root device error

So so weird.

I've uploaded this pkg

http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=2271

with all working kext but some problems remain like no suspend, no shutdown, audio kext random crashes, no multitouch for touchpad.

Not usable for everyday use.... sigh!!!