FULLY WORKING ATI Mobility HD 2400 10.5.8

vopros-otvet

10 posts in this topic

Finally!!!

Mobility_2400_10.5.8.zip - Here is ATY_Init & ATINDRV with patched ATY_Iago. Use ATY_Init to post card. But you may insert your EDID into @0,override-no-connect. Also if you need only internal display working, delete all keys starting with "@1,".

What about ATINDRV. Who has NO BACKLIGHT with Iago, - use ATINDRV from archive. I've patched ATY_Iago's _HW_SetBacklight there. The matter is that some cards turn their backlight manually & system simply triggers it off.

Also if you have dual-linked display, - use keys from natit for x1600. I mean @X,display-dual-link, @X,display-link-type, @X,display-inverter,@X,inverter-current where X is 0 and 1. @0, @1, may has indentikal keys and values.

ADDED AppleGraphicsPowerManagement support. 10.5.8_Power_Management.zip

This turned higher perfomance mode on for my video card. Result - better GL perfomance. Download archive, edit smbios.plist for your system & copy it to /Extra. The Boot file in archive is my boot with Graphics Enabler for Mobility 2400... The trick is that AGPM doesn't work with MacBookPro4,1 settings. So i used MacBookPro5,1 to turn this kext on.

This resulting sush as thing in IOreg: post-848083-1321783222_thumb.png

That's All.

Here is my screenshots:

post-848083-1318089152_thumb.png

• 1 month later...

hi vopros-otvet,

I tryed your driver with new power managment and it works fine for me, I would thank you for your nice work, but I have a couple of question:

1. How to install the Boot file inside your archive (I put it in /Extra folder only) :D

2. Now windows and mouse are very smooth in movement and fluidity but I notice that colors are not fine, for example looking at top of window I can see a gray scale (line by line):

post-564747-0-12375300-1322564884_thumb.png

Could you suggest a solution for this? Do you have the same?

Thank you!

Are the colors messed up? If no - just calibrate your monitor... In Monitor section of system preferences...

It would be nice if you upload screenshots))

Boot installs by the command in terminal:

sudo cp boot /

but before this command you must write

cd 

then SPACE and drag the folder where boot file is unpacked into the terminal & press ENTER))

Thank you for help..

In the picture below you can see the title and tools bar in gray scale, that have color graduation not smoth but line by line:

post-564747-0-97258500-1323202329_thumb.png

Then I have to say that on my asus F3sr I think it has a wrong frequency because looking at top of display I seeing the lcd fastly blinking like on old CRT.

I succest if possible to set the frequency to 60Hz.

Hope you understand my problems.. ;)

Best regards..

P.S. Could my problem associated to missing EDID for my display? Can you explain how to use my EDID on your driver?

Thanks again!

• 6 months later...