appleworm

463 posts in this topic

DV6-6090xx Mac OS X Install Disc

mbpc.pngcapturalf.png

MU - Premium Download

MU - Alternative Link

MU - Torrent

Install:

- Restore DMG on a USB > 5GB. Install Chameleon 2 RC5 R1003 on it. (included in the root) Install without flags.

Once installed copy the Extra folder to / and install Chameleon 2 RC5 r1003 included in the downloaded DMG.

DMG modifications:

- My Modified kernel in /.

- Kexts in /Extra/Extensions.mkext or /E/E & /S/L/E:

FakeSMC.kext
IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
OpenHaltRestart.kext
AppleACPIPlatform.kext
AppleHDA.kext
HDAIDT.kext
VoodooBattery.kext
VoodooPS2Controller.kext
RealtekRTL81xx.kext

- My DSDT.

- My com.apple.Boot.plist in /Extra

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>hd(0,2)/Extra/mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
<key>DSDT</key>
<string>DSDT.aml</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

- My smbios.plist in /extra

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>SMbiosdate</key>
<string>02/07/11</string>
<key>SMbiosversion</key>
<string>MBP82.88Z.0047.B04.1102071707</string>
<key>SMfamily</key>
<string>MacBook Pro</string>
<key>SMmanufacter</key>
<string>Apple Inc.</string>
<key>SMproductname</key>
<string>MacBookPro8,2</string>
<key>SMserial</key>
<string>G88014V4XYK</string>
<key>SMboardproduct</key>
<string>Mac-94245A3940C91C80</string>
</dict>
</plist>

- Chameleon 2 RC5 r1003.pkg

Update 29/09/2011:

SpeedStep, Turbo Boost , Sleep/Wake - SpeedStepper --> Thanks to flAked for the work and SkyStar3 for the info.

GeekBench

F.1A sp54024 InsydeH20 BIOS withouth Whitelist (change of wifi) (Use this at your own risk) --> Thanks to camiloml for the work and firsttris for the info.

• Like 4

I have a DV6-6030el, which I think it's similar to yours. Did you get USB3 and Card Reader working? Which kexts did you use? And are monitor-brightness keys (Fn-F2 and Fn-F3) working with VoodooPS2Controller?

Thanks in advance

Brightness and volume keys are working.

I don' t know if the card reader works and USB3 can works with PXHCD.kext.

Sleep, ATI, SpeedStep and Turbo boost don' t works.

At this moment i need NullCPUPowerManagement.kext with my DSDT.

DV6-6090xx Mac OS X Install Disc

mbpc.pngcapturalf.png

MU - Premium Download

MU - Alternative Link

Install:

- Restore dmg to a partition on your disk and boot it. Then install on other partition. (Recommended)

- Records DMG in the DVD5 and install.

- Restores the dmg on a USB > 5GB and install.

Once installed copy the Extra folder to / and install Chameleon 2 RC5 r1003 included in the downloaded DMG.

DMG modifications:

- My Modified kernel in /.

- Kexts in /Extra/Extensions.mkext or /E/E & /S/L/E:

FakeSMC.kext
IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
OpenHaltRestart.kext
AppleACPIPlatform.kext
AppleHDA.kext
HDAIDT.kext
VoodooBattery.kext
VoodooPS2Controller.kext
RealtekRTL81xx.kext

- My DSDT.

- My com.apple.Boot.plist in /Extra

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>hd(0,2)/Extra/mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
<key>DSDT</key>
<string>DSDT.aml</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

- My smbios.plist in /extra

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>SMbiosdate</key>
<string>02/07/11</string>
<key>SMbiosversion</key>
<string>MBP82.88Z.0047.B04.1102071707</string>
<key>SMfamily</key>
<string>MacBook Pro</string>
<key>SMmanufacter</key>
<string>Apple Inc.</string>
<key>SMproductname</key>
<string>MacBookPro8,2</string>
<key>SMserial</key>
<string>G88014V4XYK</string>
<key>SMboardproduct</key>
<string>Mac-94245A3940C91C80</string>
</dict>
</plist>

- Chameleon 2 RC5 r1003.pkg

Appleworm:

I tried your DVD procedure by first restoring the dmg to a new partiton on my HDD. Then I try to boot from that partition, but I get an error message -"Launchctl: Dubious ownership on file (skipping): /System/Library/LaunchDaemons - nothing found to load. What did I miss?

Thanks

It would be very nice if every1 with similar dv6/7 laptop if have tested it could reply if it worked or no, and mention full model number! p.s. i'm gonna try it on 6053er(absolutely same as 6090ee, but it's 17' )

So here's my result:

it loads but there's no dsml(the video part) waiting/arrived, and the last line is: there's nothing found to load < deleting dsdt = same thing :S

Appleworm:

I tried your DVD procedure by first restoring the dmg to a new partiton on my HDD. Then I try to boot from that partition, but I get an error message -"Launchctl: Dubious ownership on file (skipping): /System/Library/LaunchDaemons - nothing found to load. What did I miss?

Thanks

I' m Sorry Sthomp01,

I'm uploading another dmg tested on my laptop with dvd. Works perfect with DV6-6090es.

It would be very nice if every1 with similar dv6/7 laptop if have tested it could reply if it worked or no, and mention full model number! p.s. i'm gonna try it on 6053er(absolutely same as 6090ee, but it's 17' )

So here's my result:

it loads but there's no dsml(the video part) waiting/arrived, and the last line is: there's nothing found to load < deleting dsdt = same thing :S

I recommend you try this DMG recording to DVD when I finish the upload.

I' m Sorry Sthomp01,

I'm uploading another dmg tested on my laptop with dvd. Works perfect with DV6-6090es.

Appleworm:

Thanks for the new upload. I burned the install disk to DVD and installed Lion. The install works - I can boot with no flags. The only problem is that I can't get the audio, ethernet, or left side USB to work. Also, the only display I get is 1280 x 1024. I have the high resolution screen (1920 x 1080). Do you have these working on your DV6- 6090? I'm wondering if my DV7t Quad which is similar to a DV7-6195 is somewhat different than your laptop and maybe that is why I can't get these devices working. Maybe I need different kexts. I am going to compare these two machines again. Let me know if you know of any differences. Thanks again for the dmg.

Appleworm:

Thanks for the new upload. I burned the install disk to DVD and installed Lion. The install works - I can boot with no flags. The only problem is that I can't get the audio, ethernet, or left side USB to work. Also, the only display I get is 1280 x 1024. I have the high resolution screen (1920 x 1080). Do you have these working on your DV6- 6090? I'm wondering if my DV7t Quad which is similar to a DV7-6195 is somewhat different than your laptop and maybe that is why I can't get these devices working. Maybe I need different kexts. I am going to compare these two machines again. Let me know if you know of any differences. Thanks again for the dmg.

The problem is that to operate must be identical models. Components can be almost the same but the DSDT probably not work. The audio (IDT 92HD81B1X) needs DSDT to work but the intel HD3000 ressolution and QE/CI, ethernet and USB should work.

Do the following:

Install all the kexts that are in /Extra/Extensions/* on /S/L/E with Kext Helper b7.

If it fails you'll have to spend a DSDT from your computer booting without my DSDT.

Hi appleworm,

This méthode work for me ? I have a HP DV7 6090E because i tried a install yesterday evening.

I have this display impossible to install when I click on hd (1,3) Mac OS X Install (block)

Yes. This method should work for you too.

Yes. This method should work for you too.

Ok,thanks for reply appleworm.

Sorry because i don't have key usb 5 gigas,possible to operate lion on netbook with method mount image lion on a partition and install on other ?

Hard drive of netbook same with key usb bootable (chaméléon) 4 gigas ?

Thanks.

I' m Sorry Sthomp01,

So the new dmg download link is changed in first post? p.s. i had same launchdeamons or smth like that with nothing found to load issue :)

So the new dmg download link is changed in first post? p.s. i had same launchdeamons or smth like that with nothing found to load issue :)

I don' t understand what's the problem but finaly works for sthomp001.

I've downloaded the dmg, I have restored in a flash drive, I installed Chameleon 2 RC5 included and it worked perfect. Sorry but i haven't DV7 for more testing.

I don' t understand what's the problem but finaly works for sthomp001.

I've downloaded the dmg, I have restored in a flash drive, I installed Chameleon 2 RC5 included and it worked perfect. Sorry but i haven't DV7 for more testing.

What i've done:

Like in tuts restored .dmg and moved "packages" folder, after that copied your "extra" folder and launched it with mine modified chimera 1.5.4 with -f(ignore cache) - and it booted, anyway after successful install when i try to boot - i get "Transcript Offline : Buffer pool allocate [18100] failed", as far as i googled it can be problem with dsdt, and right now i'm not able to edit it due to to OS X on my computer, can you please make it for me and share it? I would really appreciate it, it would probably take ~5minutes of your life, here's exact info how to edit dsdt:

http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=28851

Thanx

The problem is that to operate must be identical models. Components can be almost the same but the DSDT probably not work. The audio (IDT 92HD81B1X) needs DSDT to work but the intel HD3000 ressolution and QE/CI, ethernet and USB should work.

Do the following:

Install all the kexts that are in /Extra/Extensions/* on /S/L/E with Kext Helper b7.

If it fails you'll have to spend a DSDT from your computer booting without my DSDT.

[/quote

Appleworm:

Thanks for all your help. I removed your DSDT and compiled mine and put it in the extra folder as well as installing the kexts from /E/E/ to /S/L/E/. Still have no audio, ethernet, wifi or usb on left side. Graphics now doesn't show ATI 6770 or HD3000. Do you have these devices working and if so, what method did you use? Thanks.

Appleworm:

Thanks for all your help. I removed your DSDT and compiled mine and put it in the extra folder as well as installing the kexts from /E/E/ to /S/L/E/. Still have no audio, ethernet, wifi or usb on left side. Graphics now doesn't show ATI 6770 or HD3000. Do you have these devices working and if so, what method did you use? Thanks.

Send me your dsdt for audio. Ethernet works installing RealtekRTL81xx.kext. I had to change my wifi card and my bios to have wifi.

You can send me a PM for help.

Send me your dsdt for audio. Ethernet works installing RealtekRTL81xx.kext. I had to change my wifi card and my bios to have wifi.

You can send me a PM for help.

Appleworm:

Thanks for you help. Here is my DSDT. I haven't had any luck with installing kexts - none work. something must be wrong with my setup.

i've downloaded your image. i must say u saved me from all the trouble :S

i have a HP DV6 6002ev Laptop and your image is working very well,

my specs are:

i5-2410M 2.3ghz

ATI HD6770m 1gb DDR5 & INTEL HD 3000 (Switchable)

4GB RAM DD3 1333mhz

IDT Sound

From your DMG

Sound: Working

Battery icon: Working

Touchpad: Working

Ethernet Lan: Working

Intel HD3000 and Ati 6770m are identified from System Info

Is there any way or are u working for activating any of these features?

Switch Graphics between 6770m and Intel 3000 HD

Left USB ports

Card Reader

RT5390 Wifi

Sleep

Thanks for your dmg!

• Like 1