MBR Patch 10.7.0 11A511 (Updated)

20 posts in this topic

Binpatched OSInstall "framework" and "OSInstall.mpkg" to let you install to non-GUID partition tables for the Lion 10.7.0 11A511 release.

this is a modified version of the original patch by nawcom.

i edited "OSInstall.mpkg" and added some custom install options (the original patch doenst have any custom install option)

Patched:

2GB limit for installation was edited to 1GB only

Now you can install OSX in MBR Partitions

custom Install Options added:

Language packs (select the language packs you want to install)

Server Install (install server options or not)

Installation: replace this files in your install image , Burn the image or make a usb install disk and voila.

MBR_Patch_10.7.0_11A511___by_Xpertvision.zip

I have a bootable Lion ISO image. Is there a way I can patch it using your files?

yes

restore the ISO image to a partition with 8GB

then edit the files in that 8GB partition you created, now you can use that partition like a DVD installer

or you can burn that partition to DVD after the edit, very simple

Can I dump that disc to an external hard drive and boot off of it?

yes , you can use external disc´s or a partition in your main disc

you just need to know the key for your motherboard boot from other partitions or usb drives

usually in mobos from asus is the key F8

xpertvision thanks for posting the modified files but I'm having a problem. After replacing the two files, the installation still prompts me that I need a GUID partition scheme to proceed. What should I do to correct the problem? Thank you in advance for you help.

xpertvision thanks for posting the modified files but I'm having a problem. After replacing the two files, the installation still prompts me that I need a GUID partition scheme to proceed. What should I do to correct the problem? Thank you in advance for you help.

can be alots of things...

my patch have hundreds of downloads on many forums and works perfect to everybody

first check another threads how to make a DVD/USB installer from the GM / Retail .DMG , becouse the .DMG have a few tricks its not like a normal DVD bootable

you can folow this tutorial to make the installer http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=260594

after you have a bootable installer you can use my patched files there.

can be alots of things...

my patch have hundreds of downloads on many forums and works perfect to everybody

first check another threads how to make a DVD/USB installer from the GM / Retail .DMG , becouse the .DMG have a few tricks its not like a normal DVD bootable

you can folow this tutorial to make the installer http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=260594

after you have a bootable installer you can use my patched files there.

xpertvision followed that tutorial listed and it worked like a charm. Thanks again for your help. :)

Binpatched OSInstall "framework" and "OSInstall.mpkg" to let you install to non-GUID partition tables for the Lion 10.7.0 11A511 release.

this is a modified version of the original patch by nawcom

i edited "OSInstall.mpkg" and added some custom install options (the original patch doenst have any custom option)

custom Options added:

Language packs (select the language packs you want to install)

Server Install (install server options or not)

Installation: replace this files in your install image , Burn the image or make a usb install disk and voila.

good job!

Can you also remove the *2GB RAM limit* ? Lion refuse install to machine that RAM less than 2GB.

i can try , i found a few lines about that i dont know if that will work but i can try

Thank you very much.

Someone says that OSInstall.mpkg of lion DP3 don't have 2GB RAM limit , Maybe you can compare it to see what's different.

Or this post might help

Install Lion GM on a PC with only 1Gb of Ram, How to circumvent the 2Gb Ram limit

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=262437

Thank you very much.

Someone says that OSInstall.mpkg of lion DP3 don't have 2GB RAM limit , Maybe you can compare it to see what's different.

Or this post might help

Install Lion GM on a PC with only 1Gb of Ram, How to circumvent the 2Gb Ram limit

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=262437

sorry for the late , im really busy lately

here is a new version for you with all my previous options + 2GB limit removed to 1GB only

EDIT: First Post updated with new download link.

• 2 weeks later...

can we still use this command to install it:

sudo unzip ~/Downloads/ MBR_Patch_10.7.0_11A511___by_Xpertvision.zip

sudo cp -Rp MBR Patch 10.7.0 11A511 - by Xpertvision/* /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Base\ System/

yes?

i can try , i found a few lines about that i dont know if that will work but i can try

running Lion with only 1 or 1.5 GB would be a pain leaving it in its default 64bit mode with all features on but the beast can be tamed a lot :

If for all you should only run it in 32bit mode this makes the biggest change in memory usage, then the next biggest turn off spotlight to a large degree, mainly the full text indexing of pdf,mail and websites; exclude all folders that are not your home folder and run most apps in 32bit mode only, not only the apps in /Applications but also the system apps in /System/Library/CoreServices - right click them "get info" and checkmark "run in 32bit mode" wherever it is available. Try slimming down the kexts - if you have a ATI for example throw out all IntelGMA,Nvidia etc kexts. If you have no thunderbolt and Firewire - out with them . No ATTO and Promise cards = rid off them..

Turn off the auto-reopening of all open windows and apps ( Lion constantly writes apps changing states, open documents and version changes to your hidden Home Library ).

There is more to tweak, time will tell.. Lion has a loads of background services running that were not in SL. And Apple seems to collect a lot of user and performance metric data .. Have a look in Systems LaunchAgents/Launchdaemons plists, there is way too much, but as of yet I cannot say what is safe to delete there.

Is there a way to add the Recovery Disk Assistant.app from Recovery Disk Assistant.dmg to the installing usb or dvd?

put it in the "utilities" folder of the USB OSX installer system ? ..

But this tool is only for creating a usb drive .. from which you can boot a mac. I dont see the value in having this tool in a already booted Installer ? I mean : the USB instaler IS in fact the best recovery solution available, so we are even in a better position then true Mac Customers. Most of them dont have a Lion USB stick to reinstall unlike us here..