[resolved]After upgrade to Lion GM, can not login Mac App Store

caching

41 posts in this topic

After upgraded to Lion GM, I can not login Mac App Store with error message "Your device or computer could not be verified. Contact support for assistance.".

This is the first time I saw this kind of message, the Mac App Store worked fine with my SL 10.6.8.

I have already deleted the Network configuration file and rebooted, and I believe this error has nothing to do with the config file.

I'm using a hackintosh!!

Any hint please?

Plus, error screenshot is attached.

post-749621-1310284061_thumb.png

========================================

Finally, I resolved this issue by loading the kext for my build in enthernet card.

• 3 weeks later...

There have been a few topics about some workarounds for this problem in this section of the forum it would be waste to have to post what some others have already done so just look for the mac store login issue and you'll find a few solutions that have been said to work.

As aforementioned, this is a result of Lion not detecting a built-in ethernet interface on en0.

I tried all of the workarounds mentioned in many posts concerning this subject, but to no avail. My DSDT was constructed to include built-in ethernet on LAN0, but Lion refused to recognize it-- even with "EthernetBuiltIn=YES" and "PCIROOT=0" in my com.apple.boot.plist.

Tried removing /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist and then re-adding the network interfaces following a reboot, but that didn't work either; still no ethernet showing up.

Then I tried something out of complete desperation: I placed IONetworkingFamily.kext from Snow Leopard (version 10.6.7) into /Extra/Extensions on Lion. Deleted /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist, rebooted. Opened Network Preferences and--voila!-- Ethernet detected. Added the ethernet interface first (so it was assigned "en0" in the NetworkInterfaces.plist) and then re-added my WiFi interface.

Logged into App Store just fine after that. Hope this helps!

TL;DR: Added 10.6.7 IONetworkingFamily.kext to /Extra/Extensions and then deleted NetworkInterfaces.plist and it did the trick.

And, for those of you concerned about the App Store not recognizing the GM as a legitimate App Store purchase:

post-120829-1312155076_thumb.png

what worked in my case was

delete /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist

reboot

and that is it ... NetworkInterfaces.plist got recreated but it switched the names...in Su=ystem preferences -> Network ... my where it says wifi..it's actually my marvel 8056 .... and ethernet is my wifi...wich is weird...but as long as it works...don't care

• 4 weeks later...
Finally, I resolved this issue by loading the kext for my build in enthernet card.

Download THIS then show contents/plugins. Find your System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext and show contents/PlugIns. Move "AppleRTL8139Ethernet.kext" "AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext" from the "IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns" you just downloaded to the one from your Lion build. Fix permissions and restart.

Also make sure your ethernetbuiltin=yes in com.apple.boot

Your welcome.

Just in case you don't have an account there:

IONetworkingFamily.kext.zip

Still not working. Transferred the two AppleRTL kexts to IONetworkingFamily. Internet loads without external kext, good. but App Store no go.

Screen: http://screencast.com/t/sgwPv0Ywb

en0 port is there.. http://screencast.com/t/D7HliAURCE

What else can i do besides this?

I have installed little snitch to see what app store does, and whether it does something with the network, and it does. Screen: http://screencast.com/t/YRXNxLH4x0k

Allowing the connection will display the annoying message. On the other hand, disabling the connection shows "No connection" or something similar..

• 5 weeks later...

Unfortunately not. I installed Little Snitch.app and disabled all connections. it has been asking me every time App Store.app wanted to connect to the internet, and to a website.

Every time i allowed a specific connection (which i don't remember a url to now (it is a long time ago)) app store said this error thing. Denying this connection said it cannot connect, and allowing said this error message we have trouble with.

So it may be Apple's attempt to detect hackintoshes and not let us use app store.

The only [possible] way to get the app, is to get Snow Leopard, get the app, and then copy it to Lion (then maybe update it, but i think that is done through the app store).

I haven't tested this, and compatibility shouldn't be an issue i guess (it would be a problem if the app was designed for Lion).

If you open up /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist, do you see the following?

<key>IOBuiltin</key>

<true/>

If you see <false/> then it is not being recognized as built-in, which is why you cannot access app store.

Are you using chameleon? Can you post your com.apple.boot.plist or your org.chameleon.boot.plist? This way I can see if your using the appropriate ethernet command.

We'll figure this out.

Right.

I have

<key>Active</key>

<true/>

<key>BSD Name</key>

<string>en0</string>

<key>IOBuiltin</key>

<false/>

Yes, i am using chameleon, and also using RAID-0 to speed up.

Here is my boot.plist

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>rd=uuid boot-uuid=0689E53C-0CA4-3DF7-ADAC-C147ACBC2146</string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>3</string>

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1280×1024×32</string>

<key>GUI</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Legacy Logo</key>

<string>No</string>

<key>Wait</key>

<string>No</string>

<key>Instant Menu</key>

<string>No</key>

<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1c,0x5)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key>

<dict>

<key>built-in</key>

<string>0x01</string>

</dict>

</dict>

</plist>

Delete the networkinterfaces.plist (don't worry, it auto replaces itself when you reboot). Add this line to your boot.plist:

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>

<string>Yes</string>

REBOOT

See what happens then. Check and see if it switched to <true/> in your network interfaces.plist

Also, make sure there is no boot.plist listed in your /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration

Your using org.chameleon.boot.plist in your /Extra folder, right?

• 3 weeks later...

My situation is different from most (probably all) who are having problems with iCloud/App Store authentication on this forum. I actually have an Apple branded Mac Pro, which I bought used a few years ago. The ethernet ports went bad shortly after I got it, so I'm now using a PCI ethernet card.

I've had no problems with this setup until last night when I installed Lion 10.7.2 so that I could begin using iCloud. I soon found out that I could not login to the iCloud system preference because of the bad ethernet ports.

It seems to me that it ought to be possible to trick the computer (or Apple, or someone) into using the PCI ethernet card for identification.

One of the posts in this thread mentioned pulling IONetworkingFamily.kext from a Snow Leopard install and putting it into /Extras/Extensions on Lion. Problem is I'm not finding this directory path on my Mac Pro. Is this something unique to hackintosh computers? If so, is there somewhere I could put this in my Lion installation that would make this stuff work for me?

I sincerely appreciate any help anyone can give.

Yeah, the /Extra/Extensions directory is special to Hacktoshes only, because we need to use a bootloader that loads Mac OS X. It emulates the EFI system (or whatever real macs have inside them..). The bootloader looks into /Extra directory in your root drive, and finds our options to booting, known as com.apple.Boot.plist. There are Extensions too.

The folder where I place them, although it is not as convenient as /Extra/Extensions is Mac OS X's native dir: /System/Library/Extensions/

so if you place your kext in

/System/Library/Extensions/

then launch Terminal.app, and type "sudo su" (then your password)

now you need to repair permissions for the kext..

to do that:

"cd /System/Library/Extensions/

chown -R 0:0 YourExtension.kext

chmod -R 755 YourExtension.kext"

that should do, now you can either execute "sudo kextload YourExtension.kext" to load the kext, or just restart..

Thanks so much for the information. Unfortunately, this did not fix the problem for me. I still can't login to iCloud or the App Store.

Any further suggestions will be welcomed and tried.

Right, can you go to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist and show us the contents of it?

If it contains an interface that you recognise to be the one you are using. It should contain this:

<key>IOBuiltIn</key>

<true/>

if it has <false/> instead of <true/> then that is (imo) the root of your problem.

So, just change it to <true/> as above stated, and reboot.

Let me know if that works.

I had the same problem, and this helped me. I hope it works for you, too.

OK changed that t true but still not working. After rebooting, it changes back to false.

Here is the contents of that file:

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Interfaces</key>

<array>

<dict>

<key>Active</key>

<true/>

<key>BSD Name</key>

<string>en0</string>

<key>IOBuiltin</key>

<false/>

<key>IOInterfaceType</key>

<integer>6</integer>

<key>IOInterfaceUnit</key>

<integer>0</integer>

<key>IOMACAddress</key>

<data>

AFBDAFee

</data>

<key>IOPathMatch</key>

<string>IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/P0P1@2/IOPCI2PCIBridge/P1P2@0/IOPCI2PCIBridge/P2P3@0/IOPCI2PCIBridge/PXS4@0/yukon2osx/yukon/IOEthernetInterface</string>

<key>SCNetworkInterfaceInfo</key>

<dict>

<key>UserDefinedName</key>

<string>PCI Ethernet Slot 4</string>

</dict>

<key>SCNetworkInterfaceType</key>

<string>Ethernet</string>

</dict>

<dict>

<key>BSD Name</key>

<string>en1</string>

<key>IOBuiltin</key>

<false/>

<key>IOInterfaceType</key>

<integer>6</integer>

<key>IOInterfaceUnit</key>

<integer>1</integer>

<key>IOMACAddress</key>

<data>

AAgQdQ77

</data>

<key>IOPathMatch</key>

<string>IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/EHCI@1D,7/AppleUSBEHCI/802.11 n WLAN@fd400000/RT2870USBWirelessDriver/IOEthernetInterface</string>

<key>SCNetworkInterfaceInfo</key>

<dict>

<key>USB Product Name</key>

<string>802.11 n WLAN</string>

<key>UserDefinedName</key>

<string>802.11 n WLAN</string>

<key>idProduct</key>

<integer>12400</integer>

<key>idVendor</key>

<integer>5263</integer>

</dict>

<key>SCNetworkInterfaceType</key>

<string>Ethernet</string>

</dict>

</array>

<key>Model</key>

<string>MacPro1,1</string>

</dict>

</plist>

Aha ok.

Open up /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist with TextEdit.app and add

<string>Yes</string>

Add it before the last </dict></plist> at the end of the file otherwise it won't work.

Then delete the NetworkIntefaces.plist and reboot with the com.apple.Boot.plist modified.

Let me know if it works.

Regards.

OK did that, but still not fixed...can't login to iCloud/App Store.

Here is the contents of my com.apple.Boot.plist

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string></string>

<string>Yes</string>

</dict>

</plist>