(graphic enabler script+legacyati4600 +ATI_Init )for ati mobility radeon 4650

Cyrus the Great

62 posts in this topic

i am upgrade to 10.6.8 and write script and legacy kext that patch ati4600 after update .put the legacyATI4600Controller.kext to your extra/Extension folder.after updating your system to newer version(its work in lion and 10.6.8) just before reboot run the enablegraphic script it patch the binary and no anymore to manually patch the binary and no need repair premision .use the ATY_Init.kext in System/Library/Extension .chameleon and dsdt graphic enabler not work properly after sleep.

for dvd player crash go to view/deinterlace and select better quality.it fix the problem.

script and legacy.kext include the file named archive no need other kext for 10.6.8 and above just download ATY_Init.kext and Archive.zip

just a quick update for lion the script,legacy kext and ATY_Init.kext work great without any problem in lion .

you can do it like in snow installing after boot to your os run the script and install ATY_Init.kext or if you want have full QE/CI in lion after installation in first boot:

in snow os:

1:open EnableGraphic with text edit and remove the sudo command from it and rename macintosh hd with any name that you lion partition have.

2:copy your edit script and ATY_Init.kext to the usb flash.

in lion installation:

3:in lion installation proccess select installer log from windows tap(to prevent system reset after finishing setup)

4:when your setup complete switch to your usb flash(in my case my usb flash name is akbar so i typr this command in terminal-cd /Volumes/akbar)

5:then type ./EnableGraphic press enter.

6:then type this command one by one(my lion partition is named Macintosh HD so replace Macintosh HD with your partition name)

cp -R ATY_Init.kext /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD/System/Library/Extensions

chown -R 0:0 /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD/System/Library/Extensions/ATY_Init.kext

chmod -R 755 /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD/System/Library/Extensions/ATY_Init.kext

7:so it finish close terminal and installer log and press restart button

you can boot in lion with full QE/CI

ATY_Init.kext.zip

dv6_1125.zip

DSDT.aml.zip

code.zip

Archive.zip

i found this sulation in this link

I am do it for mobility radeon hd 4650 and it work without GraphicsEnabler=Yes flags

you must add the code after this line

Device (PEGP)
		 {
			 Name (_ADR, 0x00010000)

the code for mobility radeon 4650 and needed tools for customization for other card is attached.

after add it you do not need to add you device to ati.c or GraphicsEnabler any more.

Does your system have intel-ati switchable graphics or a single graphics card?

no my systtem only have ati graphics card

ok

just to make sure i understood correctly

is the rom dsdt coverter file a script to get the dsdt edit from the rom dump of my ATI card?

my card is on PCI-1

Should I leave the edit as it comes out from the script or should I modify it in a specific way to detect the card in that slot?

Thanks a lot for any help

ok

just to make sure i understood correctly

is the rom dsdt coverter file a script to get the dsdt edit from the rom dump of my ATI card?

my card is on PCI-1

Should I leave the edit as it comes out from the script or should I modify it in a specific way to detect the card in that slot?

yes this tools convert your video bios rom to dsdt then past it to section that i specified in the post:

also you must change the other thing(rom revision -frambuffer-...)if your specifiction is different from me.

• 2 weeks later...

"ATY,bin_image",

Buffer ()

{

//Paste Your converted Bin here!!

},

"device_type",

Buffer (0x12)

{

"ATY,MotmotParent"

},

"model",

Buffer (0x1A)

{

"ATI Radeon HD 4870 Series"

},

"name",

Buffer (0x12)

{

"ATY,MotmotParent"

}

}, Local0)

DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))

Return (Local0)

}

}

}

This is in the PEF0 Device :)

=> i think you have to paste it there ;)

I have two little problems.

I used your kexts (the ones in the dv6 folder and the ATY) and my laptop (dv6-1211sg) boots. But it only shows anything if I use GraphicsEnabler=Yes. But then it seems like i have a wrong colorprofil (see screenshot) .. to me it looks like 256 colors :wacko:. http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/9/img04472.jpg/

At first I thought my graphicscard was defekt - but if i click long on finder and the shadow comes (the screen gets a bit darker) everything looks fine. But if i click then in the Desktop the shadow is gone and it again looks like the screenshot in the link.

Thanks for help.

I have two little problems.

I used your kexts (the ones in the dv6 folder and the ATY) and my laptop (dv6-1211sg) boots. But it only shows anything if I use GraphicsEnabler=Yes. But then it seems like i have a wrong colorprofil (see screenshot) .. to me it looks like 256 colors :D . http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/9/img04472.jpg/

At first I thought my graphicscard was defekt - but if i click long on finder and the shadow comes (the screen gets a bit darker) everything looks fine. But if i click then in the Desktop the shadow is gone and it again looks like the screenshot in the link.

Thanks for help.

you must disable graphicsenabler (GraphicsEnabler=No) and install ATY_Init.kext in system/Library/Extensions

rebuild your cache and reboot .

I made it .. thanks to akbarmoradi :D .

I have a dv6 1211sg (CPU: Intel T4200 Graphicscard: ATi HD 4650 Mobility) and made it the following way:

I installed iatkos. I added the kenel flag cpus=1 .

Deleted ATIRadeonX2000.kext because it caused kernel panics.

Then updated till 10.6.7.

Then used akbarmoradi's dv6-1125 kexts as you can see in the first post and used the ATY_init kext. Then rebuild my cache and added the flag arch=X86_64 .. that was the problem :).

So my com.apple.boot.plist only hast cpus=1 and arch=X86_64. GraphicsEnabler hast to be No, but that was the default in my case.

Hope other users will get their card to work, too :) .

I made it .. thanks to akbarmoradi :) .

I have a dv6 1211sg (CPU: Intel T4200 Graphicscard: ATi HD 4650 Mobility) and made it the following way:

I installed iatkos. I added the kenel flag cpus=1 .

Deleted ATIRadeonX2000.kext because it caused kernel panics.

Then updated till 10.6.7.

Then used akbarmoradi's dv6-1125 kexts as you can see in the first post and used the ATY_init kext. Then rebuild my cache and added the flag arch=X86_64 .. that was the problem :) .

So my com.apple.boot.plist only hast cpus=1 and arch=X86_64. GraphicsEnabler hast to be No, but that was the default in my case.

Hope other users will get their card to work, too :) .

i forgot to mentioned that the moded kext only work in x86_64

for cpus=1 problem use taptun1067_kernel -set your defualt kernel in chameleon prefpan to taptun1067_kernel it got you cpu fully working.

taptun1067_kernel

Hello akbarmoradi i have used your kext with the ATY_Init it goes ok it recognize my card as a mobility 4650 series but my screen is black?? what must i do to make my card work great?? I've seen that i need the EDID and i have to insert it in ATIRadeonX2000.kext or in the DSDT.aml but how can i get that code on windows?? Because Hackintosh is not working at the moment. But this EDID code i don't know if this is the solution for my black screen problem. HELP ME PLEASE!!! I'm going crazy with this graphic card!!! Sorry for my bad english.

PS I'm trying to get QE/CI on my dv6-1215sl you can see it in my signature

Hi akbarmoradi i have QE/CI on my mobility with your ATY_Init.kext and modded kext by mucha, but i have an issue with Flash Player,when i watch videos on youtube or other and i play internet games or other things that use Flash Player plugin, the window with that is using flash player plugin goes in spurts,not all the window of the browser but only the video or something is using flash. I have Chrome Browser and Safari 5.0.5 and i have the things that i said you above with both. What can i do?? HELP!!!

Hi akbarmoradi i have QE/CI on my mobility with your ATY_Init.kext and modded kext by mucha, but i have an issue with Flash Player,when i watch videos on youtube or other and i play internet games or other things that use Flash Player plugin, the window with that is using flash player plugin goes in spurts,not all the window of the browser but only the video or something is using flash. I have Chrome Browser and Safari 5.0.5 and i have the things that i said you above with both. What can i do?? HELP!!!

i dont have this problem with online game or video .may be it about your kernel.search the google for possible solution .

Hello akbarmoradi can you send me your kexts to make my audio device works good(AppleHDA+LegacyHDA)?? Because i have voodoohda.kext but it makes my speakers croak and so they doesn't play good. Thank you for all!!

My card is the same IDT92HD75B3 :thumbsdown_anim:

i found this sulation in this link

I am do it for mobility radeon hd 4650 and it work without GraphicsEnabler=Yes flags

you must add the code after this line

Device (PEGP)
		   {
			   Name (_ADR, 0x00010000)

the code for mobility radeon 4650 and needed tools for customization for other card is attached.

after add it you do not need to add you device to ati.c or GraphicsEnabler any more.

use this kext aty_init.kext i add the mobility 4650 info to it and set the defualt frambuffer to shrike install it in S/L/E the above method increase the dsdt size and make the apply other patch difualt and time consuming .using the kext is simple and better.

I am also attached the modded kext to post .its only for ati mobility radeon hd 4650 in hp dv6 laptop.

after installing kext and get your card work dvd player may crash when open disc .for fixing this got menu bar of dvd player

view/deinterlace and select better quality.it fix the problem.

this kext is from 10.6.8 only for x86_64 mod and dont work on i386 becuase the i386 shrike stringe is missed from 10.6.8 kext so you must boot with this flag arch=x86_64 or you get black screen.

Hi

I finally managed to dump the rom for my Radeon mobility 4500 and I would like to apply the dsdt

patches with the little app that you uploaded before.

Could you please repost it?

Or could I send you my dumps for you to make an Aty.init out of it?