DSDT for Novatech X10

Foxic

28 posts in this topic

Hi I'm trying to get my girlfriends netbook running properly and I think a major part of my problem is that I have no DSDT.aml in E/E.

I have had a look at DSDT Editor but none of the patches that come with the program seem to be applicable for this hardware and I feel patching this myself is a bit beyond my current scope.

Could anyone have a look at this DSDT for me or give me a link to a guide on how to do this myself?

The things I need to get working are sleep + lid close, graphics with QE, battery meter.

I also seem to be getting kernel panics quite alot, I have attached a photo of said panic and my DSDT.

I'd be really grateful of any help.

Thanks

post-729266-1304780138_thumb.jpg

DSDT.zip

Great, thanks very much that booted straight away, no problem.

Is there anything I should know or be using with that dsdt?

Just had a KP when using kext utility (as I was having before adding the dsdt) I've attached a photo, have you got any ideas as to what might be causing it?

Thanks again

post-729266-1304879233_thumb.jpg

Just had a KP when using kext utility (as I was having before adding the dsdt) I've attached a photo, have you got any ideas as to what might be causing it?

I have no idea

send me a kextstat

run on terminal

It seems that dsdt is causing the pc to go to sleep as soon as it reaches the desktop.

It's hard for me to repair permissions etc as kext utility causes a KP every time I use it so I think it may not have taken the first time.

I've removed the dsdt and run and attached the output from kextstat.

Thanks

kextstat.rtf

It seems that dsdt is causing the pc to go to sleep as soon as it reaches the desktop.

It's hard for me to repair permissions etc as kext utility causes a KP every time I use it so I think it may not have taken the first time.

look it

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...239993&st=0

Chameleon RC5 Meklort's Branch + DSDT

Aparrently it's fixed by deleting the sleepimage file under "/var/vm" and disabling hibernation using the terminal and following command:

sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0

Ok so I've done than. When I rebooted I got a kernel panic relating to voodooPS2 so I booted off another installation and removed VoodooPS2 from E/E.

Rebooted again and it's sitting there saying:

Darwin/x86 boot v5.0.132 - Vhameleon v2.0-RC5 r769
Build date: 2011-05-10 02:56:12
1025MB memory

Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist] 479 bytes.
Loading Darwin 10.6
Loading kernel legacy_kernel
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/legacy_kernel] 4096 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/legacy_kernel] 7457805 bytes.
No SMBIOS replacement found.

Booting with cpus=1 -v -x makes no difference.

Booted back into my other installation and added a smbios.plist with the bare minimum in.

It now gets further than it did but it's now hanging at:

warning: skipping personalities in blacklisted kext com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement

Booting with cpus=1 -v -x gives the same error.

Any ideas?

I've just realised I have a disabler.kext in E/E with a reference to AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement in the info.plist , can I just delete the key, string and integer referring to AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement to get it past this point?

Ok, I'll give that a go.

Thanks again, I really appreciate your help.

I've replaced legacy_kernel with mach_kernel in my com.apple.boot.plist and removed disabler.kext from E/E.

Now when I boot in verbose mode its saying:

Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist] 479 bytes.

Loading Darwin 10.6

Loading kernel mach_kernel

Reading HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/mach_kernel] 4069 bytes.

Reading HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/mach_kernel] 7446471 bytes.

Reading HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/SMBIOS.plist] 474 bytes.

It stops at this point, the cursor (_) keeps flashing but it doesn't get anywhere

Would the contents of my SMBIOS.plist make any difference?

Before changing back to mach_kernel, if i were to remove disabler.kext from E/E it would only get this far.

I'll try adding disabler.kext to E/E again and see what that does, if no joy I'll try a fresh install.

Would the contents of my SMBIOS.plist make any difference?

Before changing back to mach_kernel, if i were to remove disabler.kext from E/E it would only get this far.

I'll try adding disabler.kext to E/E again and see what that does, if no joy I'll try a fresh install.

which model Mac you are using in the SMBIOS?

• 4 weeks later...

I've just done a clean install and then updated to 10.6.7 using the combo update.

Installed Chameleon2 RC5 Meklort using the installer package you sent me.

Copied the dsdt to Extra.

Created smbios.plist and com.apple.boot.plist (both attached)

Created the folder 'Extensions' and copied in the following kexts:

1. 27aeAppleIntelGMA950
  2. 27aeAppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer
  3. AppleACPIBatteryManager
  4. AtherosL1cEthernet
  5. FakeSMC
  6. VoodooHDA
  7. VoodooPS2Controller
  8. VoodooPS2Trackpad

Rebuilt permissions

Restarted and booted in verbose mode

It still gets stuck after

read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/smbios.plist] 623 bytes.

Is there anything in either the smbios.plist or the com.apple.boot.plist that would be causing this or is it purely a problem with the bootloader?

I have noticed that using this bootloader, themes do not show, Chameleon seems to load ok but just as a CLI.

Thanks again

com.apple.boot.plist.zip

smbios.plist.zip

I've made some real progress now, I have done the following:

1. Fresh install of 10.6.3

2. Update to 10.6.7 using combo update

3. Install chameleon 2.0 rc5 r699

4. Install the following into E/E

• FakeSMC.kext
  • VoodooPS2Controller.kext
  • VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext

5. Install the following into S/L/E

• VoodooHDA.kext
  • 27aeAppleIntelGMA950.kext
  • 27aeAppleIntegratedFramebuffer.kext
  • AppleACPIBatteryManager.kext

6. Install dsdt.aml

7. Install SMBios.plist

8. Install com.apple.boot.plist

9. Install mach_kernel_atom_10.6.6

10. Rebuild caches

11. Reboot

I now have an almost perfect installation, I have Q/E working, sound, trackpad with scrolling, webcam, bluetooth, sleep, restart etc.

The only thing not working is WiFi, which is strange as it used to work perfectly, and still does on my other install, the only real difference between the two being that I'm using the dsdt on this install (one without wifi).

So all I can think is that something in the dsdt is conflicting/preventing WiFi from working.

I have tried putting the AtherosL1cEthernet.kext in both E/E and in S/L/E, neither make any difference.

I'm using an Atheros AR5B95 WiFi card and have attached the AtherosL1cEthernet.kext that was previously working.

I've also attached a copy&paste of sudo dmesg.

The only other small issue I have is that when the laptop boots up, it gets to the desktop and after half a second goes to sleep, after you wake it up by pressing the power button it's perfect.

Not a major issue but if I can solve it I'd be happy.

Any ideas on these 2 issues (wifi and random sleep)?

Thanks again for all the help

AtherosL1cEthernet.kext.zip

dmesg.zip