HP EliteBook 8540w i7-720 with custom DSDT and native power management

msinfo_us

59 posts in this topic

I won't be making up any excuses but just to set your expectations right from the get-go; I did not have much time and this was a very "quick and dirty" install of SL 10.6.6 with trouble free upgrade to 10.6.7 on my new HP EliteBook 8540w. I did not spend much time with it, so it is NOT polished and WILL require more work. I'll try to outline what I did and what still to be done IMHO. It is my hope that YOU will contribute to this thread to make our HP laptops one of the BEST choices for MAC install :)

System specs:

CPU Type QuadCore Intel Core i7 720QM 1.6GHz

Motherboard Name Hewlett-Packard HP EliteBook 8540w

Motherboard Chipset Intel Ibex Peak-M QM57, Intel Lynnfield

Display:

Video Adapter NVIDIA Quadro FX 880M (1024 MB)

Multimedia:

Audio Adapter IDT 92HD75B3 @ Intel Ibex Peak PCH - High Definition Audio Controller

DMI BIOS Vendor Hewlett-Packard

DMI BIOS Version 68CVD Ver. F.0E

Working:

- Almost vanilla SL 10.6.7. E/E has only AppleAspiPS2nub.kext, ApplePS2Controller.kext, FakeSMC.kext and IOPCIFamily.kext. I do have VoodoHDA.kext in S/L/E and deleted AppleHDA.kext. It is a simple edit to dsdt to disable HDEF and than no need to delete AppleHDA but my preference is to get rid of VoodooHDA altogether if possible :P

- Shutdown/restart

- Sound (speaker and mic)

- Speedstep with Native Power Management and turbo

- Touchpad (with side sliding) and keyboard

- USB3 (on the right sight) and USB2 ports (on the left side)

- WebCam

- Fully accelerated graphics on internal display only (internal/external monitor - this is an interesting topic but more about this later)

- LAN

- Bluetooth

- Firewire

Does not work:

- Brightness slider (I've seen dsdt patch for this but I did not try it yet)

- Sleep (I tried it once, laptop went to sleep but mouse was gone after wake up). Couple things to try here IMHO; 1. get rid of Voodoo sound drivers 2. If removing Voodoo is not enough to fix sleep than I recall there is a couple of DSDT changes we can try.

- Battery power - I tried VoodooBattery kext but still can't get battery info to show. It is only cosmetic but annoying :)

- Wireless - intel chipset, eBay is the only option to fix I am aware off

Notes and to do:

- You will find my dsdt.aml as well as dsl version (file name dsdt-peg-dtgp-rtcmem-lpcb-hpet-pic-tmr.dsl in /Extra - as I am sure you've guessed already name has dsdt changes I did listed) in the attached files. I am not going to write dsdt edit guide here as this is already being done number of times and extremely well by others on this and other boards.

-Smbios.plist - I used MacBookPro6,1 but I think the closer model to use is MacBookPro8,2 or 8,3 (listed on everymac) but it is not available in my /S/L/E/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext/Contents/Resources/. Got to find out why/where to get it. Even better way would be is to create our own MAC model matching our HW.

-Internal display is top notch and looks fantastic but external ports do not work. If you take a look at your original aspi-dsdt dump you will see PEG3 device is using the same memory address 0x00030000 as a PEGP device. I don't think this is right and believe it is a bug in the BIOS. I think we'll have to play with dsdt and modify PEG3 section to get external video ports to work. I did try to generate EFI string to test and it did not fix anything. When I've got time I'll try to nvflash/nvram and play with values and/or see what I can do with memory conflicting address space in DSDT.

Pre-Install:

Use whatever method you like (Windows, Linux …) to dump ASPI tables (DSDT, SSDT). You are welcome to use my dsdt and ssdt (attached) if you have similar hardware.

Installation:

1. I installed SL using retail DVD and my MAC to ext USB Hard Drive. I used Chameleon RC5 747 boot-loader.

2. Applied combo update 10.6.6

3. Installed nvidia drivers (I used "tonymacx86 NVIDIA Update" package)

4. You can drop NullCPUPower in E/E in addition to kexts mentioned above/attached just in case for the first boot or copy my entire /Extra with dsdt, ssdt, and E/E attached.

5. Install VoodooHDA (attached) or use [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] if you prefer.

6. Fix permissions and clear/generate cash or use what ever utility you like to do it.

That is it. You should have working and pretty decent MAC almost vanilla and with fully working native power management and turbos. As MAC laptops goes I think this HP is one of really sweet options for hackintosh :) . Enjoy low temps and better performance!

Extra.zip

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for your help. Now my laptop is workin at 85%.

I will give you a present.

The voodooHDA.kext you are using is good for get sound working, but i have another one that gets sound working and change volume with volume control keys. It works 100% (the other one doesn´t work, always sounds at top volume).

The kext you need is in my atachment.

VoodooHDA.kext.zip

Another thing more, i will try to get WIFI working, but it´s a theory right now. I saw on the hp manual that it´s a laptop config with a Broadcom 4322, so this card must be in the BIOS (UEFI really) Whitelist wireless card, so i have just bought one on eBay. When it arrives i will put on the WWAN card and i hope it will work.

Now the only thing to get 100% working is battery (i have the battery icon, but always at 100%), LightScreen control, Suspend,.... AppleSound at start.... XD

The touchpad works very speed, i think it´s because osx86 thinks it´s a mouse (changing the speed of mouse on system preferences works better), but when it goes to sleep, the touchpad works bad. Any solution? I will try tonight.

Thanks for all your help.

VoodooHDA.kext.zip

chofete you could say the solution that you have found for the audio? I have 8540w but model i5

10de|nVidia Corporation|0be2|High Definition Audio Controller|Multimedia controller|Audio device

8086|Intel Corporation|3b56|5 Series/3400 Series Chipset High Definition Audio|Multimedia controller|Audio device

I want to thank you (msinfo_us) again. It´s working fine.

Today i tried to connect my 8540w to a LCD monitor via DisplayPort. It works really good.

My install:

SnowLeopard 10.6.0 (with the help of another Hackintosh)

10.6.7 Update (necesary to get i7 recognized, 10.6.5 really)

[url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]: Boot necesary and others...

*** TonyMacx nVidia update **** It is usefull for the nVidia Fx 880 Quadro, i think it´s a help with the external monitor (almost in my case with the display port)

VoodooHda (the one i attached) whit the dsdt.aml of msinfo_us and VoodooPs2Controller and VoodooTouchpad.

We are for the right way, i think it will be easier and cleaner, may be a dsdt more compact will get it better. Thanks!

Hi guys,

There is a thread here, and maybe could be useful for you. Read all (if you want as vanilla as possible... start from post #10).

Have a look at the latest DSDT (dsdt.03.zip). Maybe you can see some things there that could be useful. Sleep works with some problems. VoodooBattery works with this last DSDT.

Questions:

- Why do you install nvidia if chameleon support it?

- Why do you need iopcifamily.kext?

- Why do you need SSDT?

- How do you make it work LAN and USB3?

As I said, I prefer to have all that I could in E/E instead S/L/E, in fact I could with all, but still with some problems.

For wireless, almost all the solutions involves a BIOS hack, maybe here there is a hope, but I don't know. Maybe someone has a better solution.

Maybe we can share knowledge and do the kick ass DSDT with all working. An almost perfect hackbook pro.

Cheers.

For the bios hack I have lost hope. Much of the information that I found does not give good hopes.

On the site MyDigitalLife all tests that have on 8540w have cut just a brick. I have

try all...20-pin, hot PCI-exchange and did not work. Hopefully later! The only solution

would put a BCM93224 A / G, but in this case should be used to change the pin 20.

I confirm that putting a Broadcom 94322 on WWAN doesn´t work.

What is the "changing the pin 20" ?

I think the solution is to replace the intel wlan but it is down the keyboard and it is a half card.

Other easy solution i see is to buy a edimax wifi usb that it is very very small and it is compatible with snow leopard.

The bios hack would be the best option, it is a pitty.

I am glad that I was able to help.

The VoodooHDA.kext you are using is good for get sound working, but i have another one that gets sound working and change volume with volume control keys. It works 100% (the other one doesn´t work, always sounds at top volume).
Thanks Chofete, I do like your VoodooHDA better. On my 8540w the control volume keys did work with my version of VoodooHDA as well but your version seems to work cleaner and I do like to see pin matching and no errors - Thanks again.

Wireless. I chose a different path and bought a USB card from Amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002VVITG8 based on a Realtec chipset. For some reason this card would only work if I disable build-in LAN card otherwise I was getting KP's randomly. When it did work it was better (stronger signal, longer distance, faster transfer - I was getting up to 78Mbps transfer rate) than build-in wifi card in Win7 on the same laptop (I've got two HD's and boot both Win7 and OS X). But I did not want to deal with enable/disable of internal wired card and sent my USB card back to Amazon.

Battery: it does work properly and correctly on my 8540w (i.e. charging, time remains, percent left – all display correctly and accurately).

Touchpad – fully agree, we need a better solution. I did give a quick try to VoodooPS2Controller combo but as of OoB it did not work and will require investing a bit of time to get it to work I think.

SaxMachine: I’ve made a couple of changes to the dsdt (attached) if you want to give it a try and see if it will help with your Audio.

External monitor: I am getting no luck whatsoever with it. Chafete, if you could share your IORegsitry dump and tell us exact specs that would be VERY interesting to compare. I’ve got Quadro FX 880M and my registry dump is attached.

Ed_co: thanks for the link. I wish I found it BEFORE I created my dsdt LOL It would probably save me some time LOL But on another hand, I did a quick comparison and found a few differences. I have no idea if differences are critical or not, and I did not try to load dsdt from that link. I feel comfortable with my work and sticking with it. What I did do is I added some of the fixes mentioned in that thread to my dsdt (attached dsl and aml versions here). To be honest I did not see any difference between my original and updated version but may be I did not test thoroughly enough.

“- Why do you install nvidia if chameleon support it?” – I needed it for full acceleration and was hoping it will fix ext display. More info here http://www.tonymacx86.com/index.php

“Why do you need iopcifamily.kext?” – for USB3 to work

“Why do you need SSDT?” – Chameleon does generate SSDT tables but I am old fashion I guess and would like to know what I am loading. Probably the same situation you don’t want to use s/l/e for your kexts – no real reason (as long as you don’t use existing kext file names of course) but just a personal preference that worked for me and I see no reason to change it.

“How do you make it work LAN and USB3?” – iopcifamily for usb3 and I think I used Intel 825xx Ethernet driver from [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] for build in NIC. Sorry, I missed it in my original post.

updated.zip

Unfortunately Your VoodooHDA it does not work for me! I think something will change on i7 model!! On i5 the only way to make it work is change in IOPCIClassMatch 0x04fffffffff etc etc in IOPCIMatch 0x3b568086 but this have a problem! The only way not to have a kernel panic is -f

Could you tell me your exact model?

10de|nVidia Corporation|0be2|High Definition Audio Controller|Multimedia controller|Audio device

8086|Intel Corporation|3b56|5 Series/3400 Series Chipset High Definition Audio|Multimedia controller|Audio device

I don´t know if it is what you are asking (IORegistrydump) but i am trying to do it.

model.ioreg.zip

My laptop specs:

- HP 8540w

- Processor: Intel i7 820

- Graphic Card: nVidia Quadro Fx 880 1Gb

- Memory: 16 Gb DDR3 1333

- HardDrive: 500Gb 7200Rpm

- Screen: 1920x1080x32

- Dvd

Yesterday i opened my laptop, (dissasembly), and i saw how to replace the wifi card, it is very very easy and i saw on eBay a lot of HP BCM 94322 half mini PCI-e cards that may be compatible with the white list bios, may be i buy one of these chinesse cards.

By the way i am using a Dlink 122 with ralink chip, but i repeat, there is a Edimax USB that is very small (like the chinesse bluetooth on ebay).

I tried the Battery kext and it works fine, but my screen doesn´t change the backlight brightness.

So resuming my laptop what works and what doesn´t:

- i7 820 working, recognized and (i think) speedstep working.

- IDT audio, works fine, volume changes ok, doesn´t detect when plug earphones, but works changing on system preferences.

- nVidia Quadro: works very very veeeryyy fine, AfterEffects works very well with that card. With TonyMacx patch it is recognized like 880.

- Usb 3.0: works, but with some things it makes a Kernel Panic

- Left Usb+Firewire: Works well

-eSata: Works ok included Hot Plug

-FingerPrint Reader: Not working

-TouchPad: Works like the mouse, it goes very speed, but the 3rd button works (perfect for Color & Maya)

- Keyboard (i use a US keyboard but i´m Spanish): Works and it seems to be too easy to change with another one (eBay 20$)

- Touch buttoms: Volume controls

- Dvd: Works

- Webcam: Works Perfect

- Card Reader: Doesn´t work (not tried)

- Sleep: Works but at back touchpad works bad.

- Battery: Works well

Could you tell me your exact model?

HP EliteBook 8540w

CPU Q720 @1.6GHz with 4GB RAM

Adapter Description NVIDIA Quadro FX 880M 1GB

BIOS Version/Date Hewlett-Packard 68CVD Ver. F.0E, 11/25/2010

Audio Name IDT High Definition Audio

If you want me to run something specific and send you logs - please just let me know.

I would very much like to contribute to this endeavor.

I also have an HP 8540w with nvidia QUADRO 880 and a core i5, 4 gig ram and the full HD screen. Not sure if it is the IPS panel.

I installed osx on my I7 860 with nvidia GTX 295 with dual GPU. got most of it working except standby OSX just freezes. However I never did the advanced stuff like patching my own DSDT I used one from tonymac's dsdt database specificaly for my mboard.

If anyone has got some links for up2date guides on how to create and patch the dsdt files from linux I would realy appreciate it. I found so much on the forums and much of it is plain {censored} so it would be great if someone of the more experienced guys in here to push me to some good guides.

PS

I am installing snow leopard using the same method I used for my desktop using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 2.0 however usb does not work and I need to install using only keyboard.

Hope this turn out well.

I don´t know if it is what you are asking (IORegistrydump) but i am trying to do it.

model.ioreg.zip

My laptop specs:

- HP 8540w

- Processor: Intel i7 820

- Graphic Card: nVidia Quadro Fx 880 1Gb

- Memory: 16 Gb DDR3 1333

- HardDrive: 500Gb 7200Rpm

- Screen: 1920x1080x32

- Dvd

Chofete, thank you. This is exactly what I was looking for. BTW Your card is recognized as FX 880M same as my card, our NVCAP values are also the same BUT there are also many differences. For example device id, memory values and etc ... INTERESTING!

PEGP@3  <class IOPCIDevice, id 0x10000019c, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (5745 ms), retain 11>
  "#address-cells" = <03000000>
  "VRAM,totalsize" = <00000040>
"NVCLASS" = "NVDA"
"NVCAP" = <04000000000001003e0000000000000a00000000>
 "model" = <"Quadro FX 880M"
"device-id" = <3c0a0000>
"revision-id" = <a2000000>
"acpi-path" = "IOACPIPlane:/_SB/PCI0@0/PEGP@30000/DGFX@0"

So resuming my laptop what works and what doesn´t:

- i7 820 working, recognized and (i think) speedstep working.

BTW Don't know if you care but it appears native power management is not fully working on you laptop.

| |   +-o ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin  <class ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin, id 0x10000033b, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (225 ms), retain 9>
	 | |	   {
	 | |		 "IOClass" = "ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin"
	 | |		 "CFBundleIdentifier" = "com.apple.driver.ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin"
	 | |		 "IOProviderClass" = "AppleACPICPU"
	 | |		 "IOPropertyMatch" = {"IOCPUNumber"=0}
	 | |		 "IOPowerManagement" = {"CurrentPowerState"=1}
	 | |		 "IOHWControls" = ()
	 | |		 "CSTInfo" = 19136773
	 | |		 "IOProbeScore" = 1000
	 | |		 "IOResourceMatch" = "ACPI"
	 | |		 "IOMatchCategory" = "IODefaultMatchCategory"
	 | |		 "IOHWCtrlLoops" = ()
	 | |		 "IOHWSensors" = ({"version"=2,"location"="GPU","zone"=<ff000002>,"registered"=Yes,"current-value"=6553600,"sensor-flags"=0,"sensor-id"=6,"polling-period-ns"=0,"Desc-Key"="UNKNOWN_SENSOR","type"="gpu","polling-period"=1})
	 | |		 "IOEnvironment" = {"ctrlloop-output-at-max"=(),"internal-overtemp"=(),"external-overtemp"=(),"chassis-switch"=No,"dynamic-power-step"=0,"platform-flags"=<00000000>,"control-failed"=()}
	 | |		 "PerformanceStateArray" = (<40060000c8af00000a0000000a000000000d0000000d0000>,<3f060000c8af00000a0000000a000000000c0000000c0000>,<ba0500000da200000a0000000a000000000b0000000b0000>,<35050000e09400000a0000000a000000000a0000000a0000>,<af040000f68700000a0000000a0000000009000000090000>,<2a040000147b00000a0000000a0000000008000000080000>,<a5030000b56e00000a0000000a0000000007000000070000>)
	 | |	   }

You are looking for CSTInfo value (you have it) but you are missing CPUPLimit value.

It should look like this:

<key>CPUPLimit</key>
   <integer>0</integer>
   <key>CSTInfo</key>
   <integer>19136773</integer>

IF you'd like to look into this I'd suggest to try removing my SSDT tables (we have different CPU and our ASPI tables are not the same) and add to your com.boot.apple

<key>GenerateCStates</key>
	 <string>Yes</string>
	 <key>GeneratePStates</key>
	 <string>Yes</string>

if you don't have already.

See if Chameleon will generate correct tables for you. My expectation it will, it does a good job with i7 CPU series in my experience. If you are still having problems than you will have to boot to Windows or Linux and generate ASPI tables for your model.

First of all, thanks for the reply. You are really kind.

Wireless. I chose a different path and bought a USB card from Amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002VVITG8 based on a Realtec chipset. For some reason this card would only work if I disable build-in LAN card otherwise I was getting KP's randomly. When it did work it was better (stronger signal, longer distance, faster transfer - I was getting up to 78Mbps transfer rate) than build-in wifi card in Win7 on the same laptop (I've got two HD's and boot both Win7 and OS X). But I did not want to deal with enable/disable of internal wired card and sent my USB card back to Amazon.

Weird that the card interfere. Maybe you could have a solution instead have returned back to Amazon. Is important to have a wireless solution, that I think will be hard...

Battery: it does work properly and correctly on my 8540w (i.e. charging, time remains, percent left – all display correctly and accurately).

How did you fixed the battery, getting the info from my dsdt? For me works great.

Touchpad – fully agree, we need a better solution. I did give a quick try to VoodooPS2Controller combo but as of OoB it did not work and will require investing a bit of time to get it to work I think.

Yep we need one solution. But maybe is better to get trackpadPS2controller.kext working instead mousePS2controller (both inside voodooPS2controller.kext). The problem is that the synaptics is recognized as ALPS. Weird thing. You have a lot of more info in the thread I linked, with more links inside.

Ed_co: thanks for the link. I wish I found it BEFORE I created my dsdt LOL It would probably save me some time LOL But on another hand, I did a quick comparison and found a few differences. I have no idea if differences are critical or not, and I did not try to load dsdt from that link. I feel comfortable with my work and sticking with it. What I did do is I added some of the fixes mentioned in that thread to my dsdt (attached dsl and aml versions here). To be honest I did not see any difference between my original and updated version but may be I did not test thoroughly enough.

My pleasure. But I think that is great you started from scratch because you know exactly every step you did. I don't know anything about DSDT editing, etc...

Should be great to understand the differences between both of them to know better our system.

“- Why do you install nvidia if chameleon support it?” – I needed it for full acceleration and was hoping it will fix ext display. More info here http://www.tonymacx86.com/index.php

I can't tell anything about external display, but I have full acceleration without any external driver with the chamelon without any problem. My graphic card is quadro fx 1800m though, but I don't think that should be any difference.

Did you have any problem with acceleration without the driver? It is weird (maybe is one of the corrections of the DSDT).

“Why do you need iopcifamily.kext?” – for USB3 to work

Weird. Is it working as USB3 or USB2 only? I mean, I thought the only driver to support USB3 was PXHCD.kext (the USB3 driver that comes with [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url], that is a hacked version of the lacie drivers). Are you using this one too? Have you get any kernel panic in every moment in the USB3? I explained in my previous linked forum some problems.

Where did you find the iopcifamily?

“Why do you need SSDT?” – Chameleon does generate SSDT tables but I am old fashion I guess and would like to know what I am loading. Probably the same situation you don’t want to use s/l/e for your kexts – no real reason (as long as you don’t use existing kext file names of course) but just a personal preference that worked for me and I see no reason to change it.

Interesting. I didn't know anything about it. My only reason for using E/E instead S/L/E is because if you update something, you don't need to fix anything because you are sure that nothing will be overwritten, and for that reason is more vanilla.

Thanks man, I appreciate your efforts.

If you need something from me to test or whatever, don't hesitate to tell me.

Cheers.

How did you fixed the battery, getting the info from my dsdt? For me works great.
- I don't think I had to make any additional changes in dsdt. One of members on this board recommended another version of VodooBattery.kext that works. You can try it if you'd like but since your solution works and you are happy with it why bother.

PS You might want to explain and attach it here so other people have a choice as well.

Weird. Is it working as USB3 or USB2 only? I mean, I thought the only driver to support USB3 was PXHCD.kext (the USB3 driver that comes with [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url], that is a hacked version of the lacie drivers). Are you using this one too? Have you get any kernel panic in every moment in the USB3? I explained in my previous linked forum some problems.

Where did you find the iopcifamily?

- No, I don't get KP ever and being using both USB2 and USB3 extensively. As far as I remember iopcifamily is what I am using for USB3 support. Have you tried it? It is a very simple test and you will get an answer to your own question.

Interesting. I didn't know anything about it. My only reason for using E/E instead S/L/E is because if you update something, you don't need to fix anything because you are sure that nothing will be overwritten, and for that reason is more vanilla.
- apple will only update their libraries. If you installed in s/l/e voodosomething.kext for example that would NOT be touched during ANY apple software upgrade since they don't have voodoanything libraries. So, using s/l/e in this example is as vanila as using e/e.

Hope this helps.

I have two problems! If i do not start with the value-f I have no kernel panic but

a block immediately after loading VoodooHDA crashes immediately after loading

pin configuration. As for the battery there are times that works

others are not fully charged or remains fixed on a percentage!

I have two problems! If i do not start with the value-f I have no kernel panic but

a block immediately after loading VoodooHDA crashes immediately after loading

pin configuration. As for the battery there are times that works

others are not fully charged or remains fixed on a percentage!

Where did you install voodoohda.kext - s/l/e? Did you disable/remove/rename Applehda.kext? If you are using my ssdt tables try removing them and let Chameleon auto generate tables for you.

Yeah in S/L/E I remove totally AppleHDA and i dont use ssdt tables! If you want i send you my IORegistrydump!

I dont have IDT Audio!

Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset High Definition Audio [8086:3b56] (rev 05)
But i wanna try the AppleHDA method

- I don't think I had to make any additional changes in dsdt. One of members on this board recommended another version of VodooBattery.kext that works. You can try it if you'd like but since your solution works and you are happy with it why bother.

PS You might want to explain and attach it here so other people have a choice as well.

Is the standard latest version of VoodooBattery. And worked with the latest dsdt.03.zip (not with dsdt.02.zip). Both are in the thread I posted you previously.

- No, I don't get KP ever and being using both USB2 and USB3 extensively. As far as I remember iopcifamily is what I am using for USB3 support. Have you tried it? It is a very simple test and you will get an answer to your own question.

I'll try it, but sadly, this modficiation converts your vanilla in a non-vanilla installation. Should be great to have it in E/E. I will try if I have any KP or whatever. I am asuming there is no need to DSDT to use this iopcifamily.kext.

- apple will only update their libraries. If you installed in s/l/e voodosomething.kext for example that would NOT be touched during ANY apple software upgrade since they don't have voodoanything libraries. So, using s/l/e in this example is as vanila as using e/e.

True in this case, but not in the case of the iopcifamily.

By the way, should be great to begin with Mac OS X Lion, isn't it?

And yes you are really helpful. Thank you very much again.

Good news !!!!!!

Today i received a packet with my new Broadcomm 94322 half mini Pci-e card. I have just replace my wifi card (intel 6300) by the new one.

And.... it works OOB !!!!! Recognized like the Airport. No problems with the withelist Bios, works fine on windows 7.... It is amazing!

I only need to get working backlight screen control.

Thanks for all the people that makes it work!

Good news !!!!!!

Today i received a packet with my new Broadcomm 94322 half mini Pci-e card. I have just replace my wifi card (intel 6300) by the new one.

And.... it works OOB !!!!! Recognized like the Airport. No problems with the withelist Bios, works fine on windows 7.... It is amazing!

I only need to get working backlight screen control.

Thanks for all the people that makes it work!

But as far as I know that car only has two conectors...

- What did you do with the thirth one?

- How did you connect it?

- Did you do anything extra?

- Why are you selling 4 of them on ebay?

- What is the exact model that works?

- Could you post a link of the proper card that could work?

Greetings.