iAtkos S3 v2 Dell 1318... Working x3100! DSDT

1 post in this topic

First, I sympathize with anyone who have taken the hours to install iAtkos S3 v2 on a 1318. I removed the x3100 driver, and was stuck in the non-QE version of OSX with the skewed resolution of 1024x768. You can get the laptop screen working by plugging in a monitor to the external connector and then at the boot manager, switching to the external monitor using Fn+F8. This will start OSX booting on the external monitor then switch to the LCD screen. At this point OSX is using QE and you can adjust the resolution to 1280x800. The problem is who wants to have an extra monitor available all the time, or create an adapter to "trick" your laptop that it is connected to one?? I read a lot about DSDT until I ran across the following instructions. I don't know which website they are from but it is dead on!!! Finally, I was able to create a DSDT that boots without anything special. I am going to attach my DSDT.aml to this post, as well as the dsdt_fixed.txt file that has all the lines already removed!!!! This should hopefully help a lot of people avoid fustrations. Enjoy

--James

DSDT

9. Grab the DSDT patcher by fassl ( http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=133683 ). Version 1.0.1e by the time of writing.

10. Doubleclick the DSDT Patcher file.

11. Open the dsdt_fixed.txt file in the debug folder.

12a. Find all lines containing AGP. Remove them (4)

12b. Remove the entire Device (AGP) declaration (around 214 lines)

12c. Remove the Scope(\_SB.PCI0.AGP) declaration (around 33 lines)

12d. Remove the vid2 declaration (a few lines)

12e. Under Device(VID) remove the Device(TV) dec (24)

12f. Under Device(VID) remove the Device(CRT) dec (24)

12g. Under Device(VID) remove the Device(DVI) dec (24)

13. Compile the new DSDT file using ../Tools/iasl -ta dsdt_fixed.txt

14. Copy the new DSDT file to the filesystem root using sudo cp dsdt.aml /

15. Reboot & enjoy!

DSDT_1318.zip

• Like 1