Dell Vostro 1310 Snow Install Guide

Hack24

9 posts in this topic

Hello all, I have successfully installed 10.6.3 via iatkos s3 v2. Heres all the drivers/selections i selected to make this work, I used to install perfectly with audio and Quartz Extreme (QE/ci).

Anyone has questions let me know!

Leave all of the normal ones selected.

Uncheck the following:

RTC (all of them)

Apple HDA 10.6.2

Check the following:

voodooPS2

Voodoobattery

voodootscsync

voodoo HDA (if not already checked)

card reader

efi string

natit

x3100

framebuffer

I will be updating this topic if i find anything else needs changed after 10.6.3. I am upgrading to latest and will report everything.

UPDATE: I upgraded to 10.6.5 then 10.6.6 via combo update follow the instructions on this page:

http://3rr0rists.net/macintosh/how-to-upda...-to-10-6-5.html

UPDATE 2:

People have asked me for a link for iatkos, and I can give the link on here using non torrent through this link:

http://www.filestube.com/9Aod0lJhzCzAux4Kz...3-version2.html

If you wish to use torrents google and use the pirate bay one for so i heard.

most people prefer retail method over the "distros" so i doubt much lhappen in this thread :)

btw get a dsdt for your motherboard patched and it works better.

I understand and have done those methods on my other hackintoshes but to me I prefer distros. In some cases though you will be better off doing a non distro method i agree.

Hey dude, I happen to have a 1310 myself (with an nvidia 8400gs card). All went fine with a legit DVD install and 10.6.4 but when I updated to 10.6.6 (skipping .5) I lost a lot of graphics performance.

Per example, the Applications/Downloads piles animations in the dock are slower than before, or flash games, or even exposé...

Any idea ?

Hey dude, I happen to have a 1310 myself (with an nvidia 8400gs card). All went fine with a legit DVD install and 10.6.4 but when I updated to 10.6.6 (skipping .5) I lost a lot of graphics performance.

Per example, the Applications/Downloads piles animations in the dock are slower than before, or flash games, or even exposé...

Any idea ?

I'm sorry but I have the intel chipset with the intel video card. I have no idea about the 8400gs.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...