dsdt for ga-p43-es3g

Anonomys1991

20 posts in this topic

so far i have

the hda kexts

nvenabler64

sleep enabler 10.6.4

i still need two more things for this i need the kexts to make audio work and the dsdt for this mother board but i cant find them anywhere does somebody here have one?

i almost have everything

when i do ill post a package that can be downloaded that include everything you will need for this motherboard to work perfectly but i still need the dsdt audio and i need to make sure usb works but first i need the dsdt

fine tuning

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=223205

Audio

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&p=998397

Patches

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1501094

Apply

DTGP

*AHCI SATA(orange icon)

HPET

IRQs

Shutdown

LPC

Fix restart and native power managment ---> ChameleonRC5 http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=225766

add in your boot.plist

GeneratePStates

Yes

GenerateCStates

Yes

Lpc is loaded?

check

kextstat | grep LPC

Look it

PATCHES_GIGABYTE.zip

upload your DSDT :(

Fix restart(Automatic) and native power managment use ChameleonRC5

add this in boot.plist

<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>

apply the patches before

Read it

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1514836

smokev.gif

remove the disabler (disabler.kext, nullcpu ...)

if using voodoohda not apply patches(03-AZAL to HDEF, 04-ALC888)

so im not getting this is there a way you can simplify this

i already have the audio kexts for this mobo so i dont need that

i have to mod something for my graphics card so i dont need that

i have the dsdt editor and the patches you told me i need in a special folder(mostly for the mobo download package)

but how do i add that into my boot.plist?

mald0n20100920s132335.png

to facilitate

Property List Editor

http://www.mediafire.com/?py75j5cni8lsj88

Run on Terminal

perl -e 'open(CMD, "ioreg -lw0 \| grep DSDT|") or die; while(<CMD>) { chomp; if($_ =~ /\"DSDT\.?\d?\"=<([^>]*)>/) { $buff = $1; open(PIP, "|xxd -r -p > dsdt.aml") or die; print PIP "$1"; } }'

the DSDT will be generated in user folder

• 1 month later...
so im not getting this is there a way you can simplify this

i already have the audio kexts for this mobo so i dont need that

i have to mod something for my graphics card so i dont need that

i have the dsdt editor and the patches you told me i need in a special folder(mostly for the mobo download package)

Hi

I have the same MB and trying to install: did you succeed in creating a DSDT ? Thanks to advise

1st thanks for this post,

it helped me a lot in finally getting sl 10.6.4 running.

I guess i done it the long way because i am new to this.

I took the iPortable snow image to make a bootable usb stick and just xcopied it to my hardrive.

later i came across [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] universal and reinstalled 10.6.3 from scratch and applied the 10.6.4 combo update.

followed some of your instructions above and got it running nice, even managed to install m-audio fast track ultra and my novation keyboard... blah blah ...

Problem:

After installing 10.6.5 i cant get my pc to start without the latest [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] aka boot ormal from hdd.

any suggestions ?

Managed to fix it in the end read evereything again and reapplied the patches.

A big help was the new zip file.

Is it possible the SMBIOS file was incorrect ? I replaced it with the one from the iPortable Snow image.

my current dsdt

dsdt.aml.zip

send me your DSDT

:)

I have a GA-P43-ES3G with F10 Bios, Core 2 Duo E6300, 4Gb ram, MSI 6600GT 128Mo, Hyundai N220W via VGA, 3 SATA HDDs

Thanks for your help.

As of now, I have a retail install and following kexts in /Extra/Extensions: AHCIportInjector.kext, ElliotForceLegacyRTC.kext, EvOreboot.kext, fakesms.kext, IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext, IOATAFamily.kext, LegacyJMB36xSATA.kext

Currently, almost evrything is working except my Video who is stuck to 1280x1024 with no QE.

I wonder if the DSDT file I am using, found on a forum and maybe patched (but I have no idea in fact), may block Chameleon to recognize the card or if this is because I am running in 64bits (will try tonight to start in 32)

Here my file just extracted with DSDTSE GA_P43_ES3G_dsdt.rar

Bye

I have a GA-P43-ES3G with F10 Bios, Core 2 Duo E6300, 4Gb ram, MSI 6600GT 128Mo, Hyundai N220W via VGA, 3 SATA HDDs

Thanks for your help.

As of now, I have a retail install and following kexts in /Extra/Extensions: AHCIportInjector.kext, ElliotForceLegacyRTC.kext, EvOreboot.kext, fakesms.kext, IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext, IOATAFamily.kext, LegacyJMB36xSATA.kext

Currently, almost evrything is working except my Video who is stuck to 1280x1024 with no QE.

I wonder if the DSDT file I am using, found on a forum and maybe patched (but I have no idea in fact), may block Chameleon to recognize the card or if this is because I am running in 64bits (will try tonight to start in 32)

Here my file just extracted with DSDTSE GA_P43_ES3G_dsdt.rar

Bye

You only need this

pctmac.zip

DTGP

HID/CID

IRQs

RTC

SBUS

SHUTDOWN

LPC ICH10

REMOVED DEVICES

_WAK

RENAMED

1-copy the folder Extra for HD ---> /Extra

2-Install Chameleon RC5

device properties in boot.plist

if the video does not work try another way

You only need this

pctmac.zip

DTGP

HID/CID

IRQs

RTC

SBUS

SHUTDOWN

LPC ICH10

REMOVED DEVICES

_WAK

RENAMED

1-copy the folder Extra for HD ---> /Extra

2-Install Chameleon RC5

device properties in boot.plist

if the video does not work try another way

Hi. Installed RC5 and copy your Extra files to /Extra on my HD.

When I boot, I have the following error: "ERROR: Unable to find SMBIOS! Press any key to continue."

I added patch to /extra/smbios.plist in the com.apple.boot.plist but still got the same error.

BTW, I also added GraphicsEnable=Yes and apparently my Video card is recognized (but I obviously still do not know if it works)

Questions:

1/ any idea on where this SMBIOS error comes from ? My bios is F10, could there be a link ?

2/ I guess you have edited the DSDT file and added all patches listed above: correct ?

3/ should I still use the kext for AppleHDA.kext and RealtekR1000SL.kext ? (they are in /system/libray/extension?)

Thanks

EDIT: It works. I found somewhere the reason. This was due to the fact I had QuickBoot enabled in the bios. I have disabled it and I am now booting and guess what, my video card is recognized with QE !!!! So this is really great improvment. THANKS for your help.

I have a remaining issue: sound is no more working. I guess this is maybe linked to above questions, especially the 3? Should I keep the AppleHDA? Does your edit of DSDT allow me to use legacy kext?

Questions:

4/ can I run in 64 bits ?

5/ do you think I can update to 10.6.5 ?

6/ in your file, there is Chameleon v2.0-RC5 r635.pkg. In the com.apple.boot.plist, I saw strings "GeneratePStates"="Yes" and "GenerateCStates"="Yes". I though these options were added by mozodojo in Chameleon, cf the following thread: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1514836

Did you send me this version or is this an other version of RC5 ?

Thanks

4- Yep...Run 64 bit

5- Yep...go to 10.6.5

6 - Chameleon_v2.0_RC5_r642.zip

send me a kextstat

run o terminal

if you use the GraphicsEnabler remove device-properties in boot.plist

I dont applied the HDEF, use VoodooHda or other method you prefer

Here my kextstat 10.6.4 : kextstat.lst.zip

I am using just GraphicsEnable, nothing else in boot.plist.

For audio, I was using AppleHDA but it's not working anymore. Any idea why? I will try VoddoHda but no idea about other methods: any advise?

Will try to update to 10.6.5

Thx

Here my kextstat 10.6.4 : kextstat.lst.zip

I am using just GraphicsEnable, nothing else in boot.plist.

For audio, I was using AppleHDA but it's not working anymore. Any idea why? I will try VoddoHda but no idea about other methods: any advise?

Will try to update to 10.6.5

Thx

kextstat ok ;)

what is the audio codec?

Jus installed VoodooHDA 2.7.2 and it works but the sound crackle, I can't use it. It was not the case with AppleHDA. What can I try else ?

ALC888? ALC889a?

what codec?

you can try another version of VoodooHda

ALC888? ALC889a?

what codec?

you can try another version of VoodooHda

realtek alc888

I tried several AppleHDA patched version for 888 with no success (driver was even not loaded).

So I reinstalled VoodooHDA 2.7.2. Looks fine (maybe I had an issue on one of the divx I tested quickly the first time.)