Mac Startup Sound App

Andy Vandijck

13 posts in this topic

Copy this app into /Applications and add to your login items under the "accounts" preference pane to enjoy the Mac startup sound on login

You can modify the app to play any .mp3 file renamed to StartupSound.mp3 and put under the apps resources.

Download including sources:

http://rapidshare.com/files/416488915/StartupSound.zip.html

StartupSound.zip

Hey Andy,

nice to see u still productive and multi-placing your interests for the satisfaction of the scene.

btw, I found this PrefPane for u. Maybe, it could be adapted to improve things or so :)

post-498884-1283368659_thumb.png

SystemSound50src.zip

But keep in mind it is a bit outdated...

Sorry for my bad English

Andy: Thank you for your app, but StartupSound.app shows its icon on the Dock when opening. It makes me feel not like a real Mac startup sound.

Valv: SystemSound.prefpane doesn't work in Snow Leopard (64 bit mode)

May be my PlayStartupSound.app is better. Only one line of AppleScript to make this app. And it doesn't show its icon on the Dock when opening.

Download PlayStartupSound.app here (include Windows 2000 startup sound)

Mac startup sound can be downloaded here

- Copy your startup sound to /System/Library/Sounds, then rename it to Startup.mp3

- Put PlayStartupSound.app anywhere you want (I think it's better in /System/Library/CoreServices).

- Add PlayStartupSound.app to your Login Items list. You may have to check the Hide checkbox beside.

Before add it, you should run it to check.

- Restart & Enjoy.

In an Apple Macintosh, you have to mute the default startup sound by using the StartupSound.prefpane. In a Hackintosh, this is not necessary because a Hackintosh doesn't have a Mac ROM (which include the default startup sound).

I added the startupsound and the sound played but other than desktop background all i got was the spinning circle... wouldnt load past it... booted into safe mode and removed the startupsound from login items and now boots normally ?

any ideas

Regards

George

Copy this app into /Applications and add to your login items under the "accounts" preference pane to enjoy the Mac startup sound on login

You can modify the app to play any .mp3 file renamed to StartupSound.mp3 and put under the apps resources.

Download including sources:

http://rapidshare.com/files/416488915/StartupSound.zip.html

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...