Intel HD Graphics / GMA 5700

sockerkid

1,324 posts in this topic

After all the testing/plist editing, someone come out with the solution to enable partial QE/CL.

Here is a tutorial how to do this : ( by GhostRaider )

I'm gonna keep it real simple.

1) Update to Combo or Regular 10.6.7 (Not the MBP Early 2011)

2) Once you are on 10.6.7, go to your Extensions folder and delete all Graphics Kexts. Delete all Intel GMA 950 Kexts, Intel GMA X3100 kexts, Intel HD Graphics Kexts, ATI Graphics Kexts, NVidia Graphics Kexts, and GeForce Kexts.

3) After this repair kext cache and permissions

4) Configure your Chameleon Bootloader:

*Configure your bootloader to load Darwin Vanilla Kernel 10.7 (mach_kernel)

*Configure your bootloader to load MacBook Pro 8,1 SMBIOS

*Add GraphicsEnabler key in Boot.plist and set the string to YES.

5) Restart and make sure Chameleon loads up the new kernel. You should be able to get to the desktop. From here fix any USB, audio, ethernet, wifi problems, etc.

6) Make sure to repair permissions and kext cache when your done fixing. Don't fix Intel HD Graphics yet.

7) Again Reboot and see if there are any other issues in Verbose mode.

8) Once your hackintosh is configured and ready, its time to move on to the Intel HD Graphics.

9) Extract the Intel HD Graphics MBP 2011 ZIP file. We are only going to install 2 kexts.

10) Install AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext and AppleIntelHDGraphicsGLDriver Bundle. Repair kext cache and permissions. ONLY INSTALL THESE TWO!

11) Reboot and you should now have a transparent menubar and QE/CI running. Remember there is no custom resolution at this time.

And thats it. wink_anim.gif

==============================================================

Get the necessary files here:

Darwin Vanilla Kernel 10.7 Download

Intel HD Graphics Kexts (Early MacBook Pro 2011) Download

excl.gif If you need to install a bootloader or if you want to repair kext cache and permissions easily, I recommened using Tonymac's [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] Installer. If you want to install kexts easily, use KextHelper or [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url].

I'm also adding MacBook Pro 8,1 SMBIOS if you need that too as an attachment.

I'm also adding my Gateway NV5932u DSDT. Do not use it. Its only for reference. Using someone else's DSDT can have consequences on your hackintosh.

Doing this will :

Quartz Extreme : Enabled

Core Image : Enabled

Custom Resolution : Not Enabled

Note : ** ALL CREDIT GOES TO GhostRaider.

For More Info Please Follow Our Thread !

smbios.plist.zip

dsdt.aml.zip

• Like 1

My Laptop is X201i with 5700MHD. I tried to make the QE/CI works. However, I tried a lot of method and failed in the end.

I can't understand why new macbook pro use the same graphics chips and my laptop can't use the driver.

I guess that the DSDT must be modified to make it similar to macbook pro.

Anybody knows how to make the QE/CI working on the machine?

yah.. i also have a dell inspiron 1464 which have a intel hd graphics and i cant get it working.. anyone can help out there? btw, what error u got when booting up the OSX? izzit about the PCI not found or something like that?

The problem seems to be that the kext wants to activate the MBP's Nvidia GeForce 330M GT graphics chip. As your notebooks don't have the Nvidia graphics built in, activating it is not possible, so the system fails at this point.

so if we can disable the kext to look for nvidia 330m, we will see the desktop? anyway do anyone know which kext looks for the nvidia 330m gpu? maybe we can just hex edit the pci dev id there and maybe we can get the desktop on?

anymore ideas anyone? do injector works here?

I think so.

If you just install the AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext, you will be able to boot, but graphics acceleration (QE) isn't working as the framebuffer kext is missing. If you load the AppleIntelHDGraphicsFramebuffer.kext too, your machine won'T boot any longer.

I don't know anything about kext editing, so I can't tell you something about that.

I think so.

If you just install the AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext, you will be able to boot, but graphics acceleration (QE) isn't working as the framebuffer kext is missing. If you load the AppleIntelHDGraphicsFramebuffer.kext too, your machine won'T boot any longer.

I don't know anything about kext editing, so I can't tell you something about that.

hello there..

this means if we load the framebuffer, our machine cant boot long? or even cannot reach the desktop?

thanks regards..

Dear All, I tried to put these kexts into the /S/L/E. But I got 4 screens. I tried to save the graphic card information into txt. It seems that the kexts were loaded. However, the VRAM is 288MB. Without the Kexts, the VRAM is only 64 MB.

I think the problem is the share RAM. The RAM can't be fixed by the system. ANy comments on it?

post-79066-1278342271_thumb.jpg

Intel HD Graphics:

芯片组型号: Intel HD Graphics

类型: GPU

总线: 内建

VRAM(总和): 288 MB

厂商: Intel (0x8086)

设备 ID: 0x0046

修正版 ID: 0x0002

显示器:

显示器:

分辨率: 1280 x 800 @ 50 Hz

像素深度: 32 位彩色 (ARGB8888)

主显示器: 是

镜像: 关

联机: 是

内建: 是

Dear All, I tried to put these kexts into the /S/L/E. But I got 4 screens. I tried to save the graphic card information into txt. It seems that the kexts were loaded. However, the VRAM is 288MB. Without the Kexts, the VRAM is only 64 MB.

I think the problem is the share RAM. The RAM can't be fixed by the system. ANy comments on it?

post-79066-1278342271_thumb.jpg

Intel HD Graphics:

芯片组型号: Intel HD Graphics

类型: GPU

总线: 内建

VRAM(总和): 288 MB

厂商: Intel (0x8086)

设备 ID: 0x0046

修正版 ID: 0x0002

显示器:

显示器:

分辨率: 1280 x 800 @ 50 Hz

像素深度: 32 位彩色 (ARGB8888)

主显示器: 是

镜像: 关

联机: 是

内建: 是

erm.. how u get the kext to work in the first place? mind elaborate more on this? such as the Version of OSX u using and kext etc.. thanks..

erm.. how u get the kext to work in the first place? mind elaborate more on this? such as the Version of OSX u using and kext etc.. thanks..

That's definitely the most progress I've seen on this...

i have got 2 idea here.. dono it will works or not..

1) since the 10.6.3(mbp update) include a new applegraphicscontrol, it auto switch the graphic card between the nvidia one and the intel one, why not we try replace it with the older one(10.6.2) then it will nt search for other graphic card and load the framebuffer and the accelerator as normal?

2) since our friend(George123) get the desktop to run already.. can you try to install the gfxcardstatus and try to select the Intel Only option.. maybe some miracle will happen and u can have a nice desktop?

here is the link for the GFXcardstatus. http://codykrieger.com/gfxCardStatus/

again here i apologize here because i am still finding a double layer dvd to burn my retail snow leopard dvd, so i cant try.. i will start trying those stuff when i have mac successfully installed on my machine.. btw i also have a I5-430m with Intel HD Graphics.. So i hope to get this working with QE/CL.. thanks guys..

Edit:

@George123

-From the gpu system profiler that you posted, i saw that the resolution is correct but the frequency is only 50hz? i suspect that the frequency cause the problem, any how can u change the frequency to 60hz? maybe u will get a nice resolution?

-Do you mind share with us how u get the kext loaded with framebuffer? which os are you running on and what spec is your laptop? We can still try and edit the kext when we reach your stage.. Thanks for sharing.

Edit 2 :

- DSDT of original macbook pro(2010 model with nvidia 330m/Intel HD graphics is being updated on the main thread. If someone wanna look at it and modify them, you are welcomed.

Regards.

Dear All,

Although my 5700MHD does not work properly now, but I am very glad to share my experience. Hope we can solve this problem.

My specification is:

IBM X201i with i3 330M 5700MHD

I installed 10.6.3 at the first. Then I updated it to 10.6.4 with Combo update package.

However, after restart, I can't enter into the desktop.

Fortunately, each time, before I do big updating, I will clone the system with Carbon Copy Cloner to the second or third partition. This is very useful backup for me.

Then I entered the backup system and delete all the Intel graphic kexts.

I can enter into the desktop now.

I modified the plist in each kexts. (I change the code to 5700MHD) 00428086.

After reboot, nothing happened. The kexts were not loaded.

I think the kexts must be loaded. So I used a GMA950 Natit (I modified the code to 00428086). Then 4 screen happens.

After that, no matter I use Natit or not, the screen is 4 screens. Only after deleted AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext, the screen will go back without QE/CI.

As sockerkid suggested, I installed GFXcardstatus. But it is too bad. The 4 screens shows only half screen. So I can't click the icon on the right up menu bar. I will study it later.

I can't find the solution. But I 'd like to share my DSDT.AML. and other kexts. Hope they are helpful for all of you to find a good solution.

By the way, I tried to change my frequency from 50Hz to 60Hz. It is same. :wacko:

Following is my kexts loaded. The AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer does not loaded.

post-79066-1278413529_thumb.jpg

All my files. I can't guarantee the effect 5700MHD.zip

The Natit file I used. (I change the X3100 item to Gen575.)Natit.kext.zip

Dear All, I tried different methods today. But I am failed in the end. I think I have to put the GFX String in the com.apple.Boot.plist. Because I can't load the AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext.

However, I made my own GFX string for my ATI X1600 long time ago according to an article. I can't find it now.

Anyone can teach me how to generate my GFX String for the 5700MHD?

@george123

Bro, thanks for the share.. i will look through it and see what i can do.. i will share everything i get.. i will report back on the test later.. thanks again..

Dear sockerkid,

I think we have to concentrate to load AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext. So we have to find a way to add the GFX String in the com.boot file. Or to find a Natit. Until now I have not found it.

Dear sockerkid,

I think we have to concentrate to load AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext. So we have to find a way to add the GFX String in the com.boot file. Or to find a Natit. Until now I have not found it.

hello George123,

Erm.. i think you already have your framebuffer loaded.. (its the AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext) and u already have it loaded.. The AppleIntelIntegratedFrameBuffer is for the gma950 one..

Proof(not mean to flame :( ) : http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=102

i think we should focus on Natit because its Natit made the desktop appear(although in four screen) but the system profiler states that the kext is loaded so we are quite near to success..

I think that the Natit just write something to prevent the AppleIntelHDGraphicFB to look for a pci device which is the Nvidia Geforce 330m..

btw, i have downloaded your natit.kext and i cant find any device-ID and vendor there.. its only GMA950 with something i am not familiar with.. mind elaborate there?

Thanks. I m a beginner to osx86 too.. hope we can solve this out together..

Regards.

Edit 1:

This is the AppleGraphicsController.kext from 10.6.3(not the mbp update)(means there should be no switching script in there).Someone can try to see whether it works ?

I have jz installed iatkos in my laptop and after i upgrade to 10.6.4, it dun load desktop.. so someone can help me to try them? Thanks..

AppleGraphicsControl.kext.rar

i can tell you two things from working on this in the osx86.hu irc

1. to even get the gfx kext (the non fb one) there would need to be a custom efi string

2. if you look in the graphicscontrol kext in the first few lines you should see all the class lines later on there are places that would need to be changed. also see the line that says gmux? this is the "device" responcable for switching. It is unknown if this is hardware or theretical code but we would need to bypass it

well all in all we need to make an efistring the causes osx to detect the chip no problem and cause the no fb kext to load (if you were to do a reg dump with the fb active you can see that the fb is the only part loaded we would also need to make osx bypass the gmux device thats all i know but good luck ill help where i can and give my input here

i can tell you two things from working on this in the osx86.hu irc

1. to even get the gfx kext (the non fb one) there would need to be a custom efi string

2. if you look in the graphicscontrol kext in the first few lines you should see all the class lines later on there are places that would need to be changed. also see the line that says gmux? this is the "device" responcable for switching. It is unknown if this is hardware or theretical code but we would need to bypass it

well all in all we need to make an efistring the causes osx to detect the chip no problem and cause the no fb kext to load (if you were to do a reg dump with the fb active you can see that the fb is the only part loaded we would also need to make osx bypass the gmux device thats all i know but good luck ill help where i can and give my input here

Dear deathanarchist2,

Thanks for replying =).. But as u can see what george123 had posted, he already have the Framebuffer Kext loaded by using a Natit injector which i think inject the GMA950 efi string into the framebuffer. So i think the arrandale one will be slightly different only. We can always refer back to the GMA950 one. Sorry to say that i dont understand how efi string works. Hope someone can figure it out.. In the post above, george123 already have the correct resolution, kext loaded(but no gmux version), but there is four screen there and u can see from the picture. The vram is already correct. According to the Original Mac(2010 15"), the vram is also 288mb. So i think just mainly the efi string we need to focus on.

Thats only my idea and maybe wrong. =)

Thanks.

Regards.

Dear deathanarchist2,

Thanks for replying =).. But as u can see what george123 had posted, he already have the Framebuffer Kext loaded by using a Natit injector which i think inject the GMA950 efi string into the framebuffer. So i think the arrandale one will be slightly different only. We can always refer back to the GMA950 one. Sorry to say that i dont understand how efi string works. Hope someone can figure it out.. In the post above, george123 already have the correct resolution, kext loaded(but no gmux version), but there is four screen there and u can see from the picture. The vram is already correct. According to the Original Mac(2010 15"), the vram is also 288mb. So i think just mainly the efi string we need to focus on.

Thats only my idea and maybe wrong. =)

Thanks.

Regards.

Dear All,

Recent days I am busy for meeting. I have no time to try now. I will do it later.

I attached my Natit file to you again. Because the Natit I attached before is not complete. What I was do is to change X3100 to GEN575. I guess that GEN575 is the name of Intel HD graphics. Hope it is complete.

I tried it again. It seems that I can't boot with x32. With X32, the screen will never enter the desktop (four screen).

Natit.kext.zip

anymore news? i still cant get my system to install 10.6.4.. dono why i keep cannot boot inside once i upgrade from 10.6.3..

I spent half an hour to read this topic.It's really good job!

@sockerkid: Do you have a discrete graphic card? My laptop have GMAHD and Ati HD5650.If you have a discrete graphic card like HD5650 or something else.You should switch your graphic option in BIOS to 'discrete mode',the default value is 'switchable'.This will disable the GMAHD in Core i5.Then you can boot into 10.6.4 without any graphic acceleration and your resolution will stuck at 1024x768.

Hope it will help.

Applogize for my poor English.

So you guys are working on getting the Intel GMA HD graphics to work? I hope so because it seems that no one is willing to work on it and a lot of laptops are coming out with Intel GMA HD graphics. I own a laptop with it as well.

Well there is a person called TonyMacx86 and he created what appears to be [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] for Intel GMA HD. However it doesn't seem to work. Unfortunately there hasn't been any news about it and i'm guessing he abandoned the project.

If anyone wants to try it out and see if they can make it work, here's the link:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2348

Hopefully that helps.