You know apple knows you pirated when...

30 posts in this topic

Your Airport doesn't connect to your ISP when you're using a retail copy?

It doesn't matter if you place an Apple sticker on your PC and install retail on it, it's no longer piracy, but it is still illegal.

The EULA is very clear about it; you are only allowed to install OS X on Apple hardware.

No. An Intel processor is, quite literally, Intel hardware.

"Apple hardware" meaning a complete personal computer built by Apple.

I don't remember the exact wording but the license is pretty clear about it.

if u pay for the dvd, it is yours.You can put it in a microwave oven and enjoy the fireworks if u want.. ops sorry u can't, microwaves are not intel.

hopefully here in argentina we can use eulas from this capitalists monsters as toilet paper.

• Like 1

I don't think the autorities give two {censored} about what OS you're running. Unless you're some big company, you'll be fine. Seriously, have you ever been caught pirating a game or downloading music ? Nope, thought so.

do i do either? no, i only pirated mac, twice, so i could install it and see if it works, i pirated another copy that took a full day to download, and ubuntu 10.04 to move and then at 1:30 in the morning i installed it, then updated, twice, then i went to bed.

and why move to brazil? i could just go to some island somewhere in the pacific and have them run cable to me, i cant deal with satellite internet.

Technically speaking, if you were to run mac osx on apple tv, it would not violate the EULA, and would be legal, because it is Apple made hardware. Although you'd have to run Tiger and deal with 256 MB RAM. -cough- So OSX on Apple TV would be a good alternative to Hackintosh.

If you mean the fixed platform/systemUUID in Chameleon 2.0 RC4, that was quickly taken care of by rekursor (where did he go?) who uploaded a patched version in the RC4 release thread. AsereBLN's Chameleon variant also has a fix for it.

EULA 10.5

This License allows you to install, use and run one (1) copy of the Apple Software on a single Apple-labeled computer at a time. You agree not to install, use or run the Apple Software on any non-Apple-labeled computer, or to enable others to do so.

EULA 10.6

You are granted a limited non-exclusive license to install, use and run one (1) copy of the Apple Software on a single Apple-branded computer at a time. You agree not to install, use or run the Apple Software on any non-Apple-branded computer, or to enable others to do so.

It means that apple sticker won't work with 10.6, it's compatible with 10.5 only.

This is a funny thread. :P

My laptop has an Apple sticker on it, I even sent it in for a hardware repair to HP once with Snow Leopard installed on a dual boot. I still chuckle at what the workers must have thought. I didn't get arrested or anything for that though.

I think that part of the EULA is basically just to scare people from putting OSX on their Windows laptop and going to the Apple store to mess around with people.

Like what they did here:

Have you heard of anyone ever getting arrested or in trouble for jailbreaking their iDevices? If they crack down on that, they'll crack down on OSX86/Hackintoshers I think. I doubt both of those will ever happen though.

Cheers,

Proxin

Point, but all I have to do is write mac on it and it's legal

Nah, unfortunately your argument is as valid as batman riding a superman in the halls of black mesa laboratories.

Who cares!!! really who cares about the EULA!! Ive got a G4, a G5, a macbook, a macbook pro, an iphone 3gs and Ive built myself a quad Hac and Im buying an iPad next week (ive also had a G3 and a Ti powerbook), I think Ive given apple enough cash (and will probably continue to do so) to be able to install OS X on one of my computers thats not a frigging apple branded one.

Take your moral high ground and cram it

post-564369-1276940665_thumb.png