Gigabyte are making their bios more Hackintosh friendly :)

23 posts in this topic

Woot very kool news!

Oh man, i cant finish a thing and another opens... i wish i was 10!

LOL, i was just going to post a link to this thread in your thread, but you made it here already :)

For a moment i was hoping Gigabyte found you, well maybe they did. I wish i could bring Gigabyte in contact with you, that would be soo kool for this community.

Woot very kool news!

LOL, i was just going to post a link to this thread in your thread, but you made it here already :bag:

For a moment i was hoping Gigabyte found you, well maybe they did. I wish i could bring Gigabyte in contact with you, that would be soo kool for this community.

In future hopes... a guy who found Gigabyte found me. Thats all i can say in public before anything in any direction takes place. :unsure: (censored by myself, always, of course)

Gigabyte are making their bios more Hackintosh friendly :(

Either that or Gigabyte gives money under the table to the leaders/developers/hackers of the OSx86 community in order to make its boards look better   :P

Either that or Gigabyte gives money under the table to the leaders/developers/hackers of the OSx86 community in order to make its boards look better   :(

id love if that was true, its hard to be poor

You can also take the relevant bits and patch other models as well.

Not that easy, they defined darwin at the acpi table and used it as something we can "if" on the original bios, that would make my job (im talking about my gigabyte mac bios project) easier if that concerned to acpitbl only, the "darwin" os was defined there but maybe also present in other modules to validate this definition, since they give the name they want to the OSs (like they do with windows 2006 and stuff).

With these darwin-defined bios, everything is possible, many IFs can be created to do not touch other OSs relevant codes.

So, for now, it only helps the reprogramming of these new bios boards.

My 0.7e+ code is a complete destruction of original legacy OS support in benefit of APIC based OSs (starting in WinXP, Linux 2.6 and Tiger and going to anything made above them), but it would be perfect to let the old codes there, now that i finally am able to make a acpitbl.bin of any size withouth tearing the bios boot apart.

There is much to be studied from other tables (from real macs) yet for myself, but id like to help em on their approach if i could

Not that easy, they defined darwin at the acpi table and used it as something we can "if" on the original bios, that would make my job (im talking about my gigabyte mac bios project) easier if that concerned to acpitbl only, the "darwin" os was defined there but maybe also present in other modules to validate this definition, since they give the name they want to the OSs (like they do with windows 2006 and stuff).

With these darwin-defined bios, everything is possible, many IFs can be created to do not touch other OSs relevant codes.

So, for now, it only helps the reprogramming of these new bios boards.

My 0.7e+ code is a complete destruction of original legacy OS support in benefit of APIC based OSs (starting in WinXP, Linux 2.6 and Tiger and going to anything made above them), but it would be perfect to let the old codes there, now that i finally am able to make a acpitbl.bin of any size withouth tearing the bios boot apart.

There is much to be studied from other tables (from real macs) yet for myself, but id like to help em on their approach if i could

Hi, this sounds cool.

What about other boards like 45-ds3p? Will that be possible that they will have or get darwin defined bioses?

Thanks

LA

Where are you guys finding these bioses? I'm not seeing them on their website.

Also I am probably going to be buying a Gigabyte motherboard soon. Is my best bet buying one of these P55 boards? I wanted an X58 but it would be nice to know if Gigabyte will update those bioses with Darwin support too.

if this is indeed the case why is AZAL not renamed HDEF ?

It makes no difference, all that matters is the address and the contents to be matched, the name isnt handled by the OS, it loads the name you give, even if you compile as ABCD instead of azal or HDEF

It makes no difference, all that matters is the address and the contents to be matched, the name isnt handled by the OS, it loads the name you give, even if you compile as ABCD instead of azal or HDEF

If you want it show on system profiler it needs to be HDEF and it doesnt affect other os's doing that in the bios dsdt.