Snow Leopard & PS2

Spunky17

7 posts in this topic

Okay everyone I really need some help with this one.

Finally got SL installed on my HP 6530b. Dual boots with Windows 7 just great.

The issue is that no matter what I try I can not get the laptops keyboard and trackpad working for anything. I've tried the Vodoo PS2 drivers and all, no matter what it will just not load them.

I've read something about an AppleACPIPS2 or something kext but nothing for sure.

Since most laptops have PS2 keyboards and trackpads has anybody posted something about this or am I just stuck.

Yes I know a USB mouse and keyboard will work but it kinda defeats the point of having a laptop if you need to carry around a keyboard and mouse with you.

Thanks

The issue is that no matter what I try I can not get the laptops keyboard and trackpad working for anything. I've tried the Vodoo PS2 drivers and all, no matter what it will just not load them.

I've read something about an AppleACPIPS2 or something kext but nothing for sure.

Since most laptops have PS2 keyboards and trackpads has anybody posted something about this or am I just stuck.

Yes I know a USB mouse and keyboard will work but it kinda defeats the point of having a laptop if you need to carry around a keyboard and mouse with you.

Thanks

My Dell 1545 has PS2 keyboard and trackpad.

I got them to work with the AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext in /E/E

and 64 bit versions of VoodooPS2Controller.kext and VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext in /S/L/E

The kexts are included in 1545.zip found here.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=197713

• 4 months later...

Thanks

Hi Spunky, do you install iatkos?, what you selected in customize?, I' m try to reinstall it on me 6530b now and some tips will be great, thanks in advance

Sergio

• 11 months later...
My Dell 1545 has PS2 keyboard and trackpad.

I got them to work with the AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext in /E/E

and 64 bit versions of VoodooPS2Controller.kext and VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext in /S/L/E

The kexts are included in 1545.zip found here.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=197713

Bullsh*t, there is no such thing on the .zip.