[TUTORIAL (well kind of..)] Snow Leopard on Asus C90s

5 posts in this topic

Hello all!

After one of my friends saw my Hackintosh'ed MSI Wind running perfectly, he asked if I could install Retail Snow on his Asus C90s. I checked the specs on it, and thought it would be pretty simple, because most things would work out of the box.

I made two partitions on my external harddrive, one called BOOTLOADER which i installed Chameleon 2.0 RC3 on and another one without a name i restored the Snow install DVD onto.

I then put the following kexts on the BOOTLOADER partition: (I have used Kext Utility to create the .mkext)

AppleRTC.kext

Disabler.kext

fakesmc.kext

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext

OpenHaltRestart.kext

& PlatformUUID.kext

And here comes the problem: I can't get the touchpad and keyboard (both PS2) to work during install (or after for that matter)!

I have tried MANY kexts, first VoodooPS2Controller, then i tried all of the hacked ones in the post in the Genius Bar. I then found this post: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&p=855336

But none work! I have searched and searched and searched, but now i decided to make this post, to see if any of you geniuses know any better. :D

SPECS (taken from Windows 7):

Mouse:

PS/2-compatible mouse

Network:

Atheros AR5008X Wireless Network Adapter

Marvell yukon 88E8056 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet-controller

GPU:

NVDIA GeForce 8600 GT (supported via EFI strings in com.apple.boot.plist i hope?)

Keyboard:

Standard PS/2-keyboard

I have a USB mouse, by the way. The problem is that the keyboard doesn't work at the "Set Up Your Mac" window, when your first boot up Mac OS X.

UPDATE:

I almost have everything working.

CREATE INSTALL USB/HARDDRIVE:

Format USB/External harddrive in GUID with two partitions one called BOOTLOADER and onother with no name. Restore Snow Leopard DMG to second partition.

Install Chameleon on BOOTLOADER, add attached kexts to /Extra/Extensions. Boot from USB.

Format internal harddrive as Journaled (In GUID), and install. After install, install chameleon to Mac partition, and add kexts from bootloader to main partition.

Wireless card only works in 32 bit mode. (Boot with arch=i386) Weird..

The only thing i have left is sound. I have the Realtek ACL883 card, but it doesn't matter which kext i choose, it doesn't work. Anyone have any ideas?

I can live with the 32 bit only wireless, but if anyone knows a solution it would be nice.

Extensions.zip

Finally everything is working! ;)

I made sound work by installing VoodooHDA into /System/Extensions (Yeah, i know, not 100% vanilla, i don't care anymore, i just want it to work) and put voodoohdahelper into /Applications/Utilities and set it to start when I boot up the computer. And now it works!

The sound keys (Fn+F8) doesn't work, but I can use the volume controls in the menu bar. ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...