2 Got dell 1545 TripleBoot working! Win7/WInVista/Leopard10.5.7, leopard 10.5.7 on dell 1545 1366X768 resolution.,

shikhar623

12 posts in this topic

Hi frnds, it finally worked on ma system(it has to be) .

this is how i made my system triple boot windows7/ windows Vista/leopard10.5.7(iatkos_v7).

I had windows7 and WinVIsta already installed on c and e drives repectively, and i wanted to install Leopard without formatting the HardDisk.

Hope this one works for you too.

May be, this will help you.

i was facing the booting problem.

i assume u want a dualboot/multiboot system.

---------------------------------------------------------

Requirements:

1. windows installation dvd.(to repair boot record)

2)live cd/usb like ubuntu 9.10 or 9.04.(any live cd/usb which have gparted in it).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Procedure:

1)boot with windows Cd to fix boot file damages(if any ) made by previous iatkos installations.(this step can be skipped)

2)prepare a partition min 8GB from your primary partition.(best way of douing is by using gparted.)

3)format it with hfs+(can be done only by using gparted).

4)shift boot flag to this newly made partition.(using gparted in ubuntu). (this step is to be done only if you are not successful without this step, so first try without this step).

5)install iatkos on this newly made partition with ur custom settings,

leave the following options ticked(THE HIGHLITED step is to be done only on DELL 1545, if you own some other system know your specifications before hand.)

. Choose “Custom” installation, and select the drivers/patches as follow:

- iATKOS v7 Main System

- Bootloader: Chameleon v2

- X86 Patches:

* /extra directory

* DSDT

* Decrypters: AppleDecrypt

* Smbios Drivers: NONE (chameleon2 replaces all)

* Kernel: 9.7.0 Kernel Voodoo

* Disabler

- Drivers:

�" VGA: NONE

�" System:

* SATA/IDE:

AHCI

Intel SATA/IDE (maybe not required?)

* Intel Speedstep:

Speedstep driver

Throttling control

* Sound: Select NONE, you will install later (you can try Voodoo HDA, but you will miss volume control!SO USE THE KEXT FOR AUDIO GIVEN AT THE END OF THIS POST)

* PS/2 Mouse/Keyboard: Voodoo PS/2 Driver (without trackpad, cause this version (0.2.1) is still buggy)

* Laptop Battery

* Ext2fs (select if you have linux partitions)

* NTFS-3G (select if you have windows partitions, i chose this option),

�" Network:

* Wired: Broadcom BCM440x

* Wireless: Broadcom BCM43xx

- Languages: your favorite one ;-)

- Post-Install Actions

6)run ubuntu live and change boot flag as it was earlier.

7)boot with windows dvd and reapair using startup repair.

8)shift boot flag to your partition on which osx86/iatkos is installed(using gparted).

and reboot.

9)I used a few Kexts to enable Native Resolution,Volume control,Bluetooth working on my 1545.(only needed if you are on DELLL 1545.)

-------------------------------------------------------------

Observation:

Got leopard Working.

hope this will help you.

gud luk.

native resolution devive id 2a42

native resolution device Id 2E12

Audio kext HP for dell 1545

used to insatall the kexts

Bluetooth for 1545

Wireless for 1545 (pls tell me wheather it works, did't work on my system))

Just wonder why you used HP Audio kext for a Dell Inspiron 1545?

I have a Dell Studio 1555 and also installed Iatkos V7. I elected to use VoodooHDA for audio but still not satisfy about it, although I had sound. Will HP DV5 kext audio work perfectly on my Studio 1555?

And btw, I still cannot shutdown my Mac OSX86 right after the installation ( I suppose the subsequent installed kext is not the culprit). Do you face this problem?

Just wonder why you used HP Audio kext for a Dell Inspiron 1545?

I have a Dell Studio 1555 and also installed Iatkos V7. I elected to use VoodooHDA for audio but still not satisfy about it, although I had sound. Will HP DV5 kext audio work perfectly on my Studio 1555?

And btw, I still cannot shutdown my Mac OSX86 right after the installation ( I suppose the subsequent installed kext is not the culprit). Do you face this problem?

HP audio enables volume control ,

In vodoo sound worked but "volume control" didnot.

So i would prefer not to install vooddoo at the begining, nad install hp audio. after completing installation.

as it works.;-)

problem abt shutdown:

I faced this problem first time but , in the second install i followed the steps mentioned above and got chameleon BL screen just after restart.

;-)

HP audio enables volume control ,

In vodoo sound worked but "volume control" didnot.

So i would prefer not to install vooddoo at the begining, nad install hp audio. after completing installation.

as it works.;-)

problem abt shutdown:

I faced this problem first time but , in the second install i followed the steps mentioned above and got chameleon BL screen just after restart.

;-)

But my shutdown problem is that when I press shutdown, it restarts, and then boots normally. But I want when I shutdown, it shutdowns.

Will try the HP audio kext, and reply you soon.

Is this yoiur first install, i mean did you face same problem after your previous install?

Are you using iAtkos, which version?

I think this pbrob. is not with the latest version.

Iatkos 10.5.7 V7. I have installed several times and faced the shutdown problem every time.

• 3 weeks later...

You shall add dsdt.aml in root folder of your MAC OSX.

For that, login with SINGLE user mode and before that u must know some copy commands in MAC.

Second option is that reinstall the OS and replace the dsdt.aml and the install the resolution kext given above(TOP).

The dsdtaml is included in the Native resolution kext 2a42.

• 4 months later...
Hi frnds, it finally worked on ma system(it has to be) .

this is how i made my system triple boot windows7/ windows Vista/leopard10.5.7(iatkos_v7).

I had windows7 and WinVIsta already installed on c and e drives repectively, and i wanted to install Leopard without formatting the HardDisk.

Hope this one works for you too.

May be, this will help you.

i was facing the booting problem.

i assume u want a dualboot/multiboot system.

---------------------------------------------------------

Requirements:

1. windows installation dvd.(to repair boot record)

2)live cd/usb like ubuntu 9.10 or 9.04.(any live cd/usb which have gparted in it).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Procedure:

1)boot with windows Cd to fix boot file damages(if any ) made by previous iatkos installations.(this step can be skipped)

2)prepare a partition min 8GB from your primary partition.(best way of douing is by using gparted.)

3)format it with hfs+(can be done only by using gparted).

4)shift boot flag to this newly made partition.(using gparted in ubuntu). (this step is to be done only if you are not successful without this step, so first try without this step).

5)install iatkos on this newly made partition with ur custom settings,

leave the following options ticked(THE HIGHLITED step is to be done only on DELL 1545, if you own some other system know your specifications before hand.)

. Choose “Custom” installation, and select the drivers/patches as follow:

- iATKOS v7 Main System

- Bootloader: Chameleon v2

- X86 Patches:

* /extra directory

* DSDT

* Decrypters: AppleDecrypt

* Smbios Drivers: NONE (chameleon2 replaces all)

* Kernel: 9.7.0 Kernel Voodoo

* Disabler

- Drivers:

�" VGA: NONE

�" System:

* SATA/IDE:

AHCI

Intel SATA/IDE (maybe not required?)

* Intel Speedstep:

Speedstep driver

Throttling control

* Sound: Select NONE, you will install later (you can try Voodoo HDA, but you will miss volume control!SO USE THE KEXT FOR AUDIO GIVEN AT THE END OF THIS POST)

* PS/2 Mouse/Keyboard: Voodoo PS/2 Driver (without trackpad, cause this version (0.2.1) is still buggy)

* Laptop Battery

* Ext2fs (select if you have linux partitions)

* NTFS-3G (select if you have windows partitions, i chose this option),

�" Network:

* Wired: Broadcom BCM440x

* Wireless: Broadcom BCM43xx

- Languages: your favorite one ;-)

- Post-Install Actions

6)run ubuntu live and change boot flag as it was earlier.

7)boot with windows dvd and reapair using startup repair.

8)shift boot flag to your partition on which osx86/iatkos is installed(using gparted).

and reboot.

9)I used a few Kexts to enable Native Resolution,Volume control,Bluetooth working on my 1545.(only needed if you are on DELLL 1545.)

-------------------------------------------------------------

Observation:

Got leopard Working.

hope this will help you.

gud luk.

native resolution devive id 2a42

native resolution device Id 2E12

Audio kext HP for dell 1545

used to insatall the kexts

Bluetooth for 1545

Wireless for 1545 (pls tell me wheather it works, did't work on my system))

To rectify the power off bug use this kext.

PowerOff_bug_fix.zip

• 1 month later...

Thanks for a great guide, i have try it and it success, but only have one trouble is that the keyboard is having a driver error. under system preferences it cannot detect the keyboard, is there a fix for this?

• 1 month later...
Thanks for a great guide, i have try it and it success, but only have one trouble is that the keyboard is having a driver error. under system preferences it cannot detect the keyboard, is there a fix for this?

make sure that u chose

PS/2 Mouse/Keyboard: Voodoo PS/2 Drive

option during customising the installtion..

• 1 month later...