Ensoniq AudioPCI driver for SnowLeopard v1.0.2

10 posts in this topic

I've ported AppleAC97Audio.kext & EnsoniqAudioPCI.kext to SnowLeopard so they can run with both a 32-bit and 64-bit kernel.

Files can be found here.

Notes

• The Leopard version can be used with SnowLeopard 32-bit kernel. If that works for you, there's no need to install the SnowLeopard version.
  • The SnowLeopard version can only be used on SnowLeopard, but works with both 32-bit and 64-bit kernels.

I've noticed coincidentally that VMMouse.kext 64-bit version doesn't load. I'll work on a fix for that.

I've noticed coincidentally that VMMouse.kext 64-bit version doesn't load. I'll work on a fix for that.
This is due to bad dependencies in the Info.plist file for VMMouse.kext.

Attached below are corrected Info.plist for VMMouse.kext to run with a 64-bit SnowLeopard kernel. One file is for running it as a plugin to ApplePS2Controller.kext. The other as a plugin for VoodooPS2Controller.kext.

I've also updated the version of VMMouse.kext in vmsl.tar.gz with a correct Info.plist. All future installers for VMsvga2 will have it.

Edit [11/13/2009]: Attachment removed. An installer for the latest VMMouse can be found here.

EnsoniqAudioPCI_1.0.2_for_Leopard.mpkg.tar.gz - installation package for Leopard

EnsoniqAudioPCI_1.0.2_for_SnowLeopard.mpkg.tar.gz - installation package for SnowLeopard

The installation packages include binaries for installing a full copy of AppleAC97Audio.kext (including EnsoniqAudioPCI.kext as a plugin), or for installing EnsoniqAudioPCI.kext as a separate plugin if you have an existing installation of AppleAC97Audio.kext on your system.

I'll rename the source files so it doesn't cause confusion.

I've got some news for the people that still hear stuttering with EnsoniqAudioPCI v1.0.2

The driver can support two sample rates - 44.1 KHz and 48KHz. Up until today I didn't know how to set the sample rate that the system uses to output sound. Now I found out.

In Utilities, there's an application called "Audio MIDI Setup". Open it up. In the "Audio Devices" window, there are icons there for Input and Output. Click to configure the Output channel. Under the "Format" box, you can change the sample rate between 44.1KHz and 48KHz.

If you hear stuttering in your current sample rate, there's a chance the other sample rate may perform better.

There are also sliders there for setting the volume, so set them to maximum. This way you can configure the volume from the speaker icon on the menu bar.

I tried installing this driver but keep getting an installation error (doesn't say what -- just that it failed to install).

I had a previous version of the Ensoniq driver installed. Could that be an issue?

TIA.

[Edit] BTW, I'm running OSX 10.6.2 under VMware 7.

• 1 year later...
Sorry for the noob question, but how do I install these? The AppleAC97Audio-5_64.tar.gzhttp://sourceforge.net/projects/vmsvga2/fi...tar.gz/download file looks like source code. I tried searching this forum for the word 'ensoniq' and it comes back with 0 results?!?

In order to install a specific compressed file (ie tar), this command might help

goto terminal: type tar -xvzf (your ##.tar.gz)to verify and uncompressed the file

then simply double click the uncompressed .mpkg(mac package file).

:)