SoundMax 2000B (AD2000B) on ASUS P6T WS Intel i7

makosx

11 posts in this topic

It seems that SoundMax Digital Audio isn't so banished by Apple from SL onwards. After trying many times all kinds of solutions from those on the internet like AD2000b.kext, VoodooHDA.kext, etc, with which only got the famous "device id 0x..., audio id 12, available devices... none, and only the LineOut working in system preferences audio out, I finally got all in my sound card working combining the following:

-AppleHDA.kext (from retail SL Extensions folder)

-A kext named HDAEnabler from Kabyl (v 1.0.0d1 - (2008)

-A kext named HDEFEnabler from Idon't know who (Copyrighted "MyCompanyName_2006)

and nothing more. Anything named "voodoo" is on my computer. (But many thanx to voodoo owners for their help in leopard and so many times, of course!), so, now, this is my audio system profiler. And everything works, and everything is present in the Logic 9 and others audio applications and with full functionality.

post-418551-1256058254_thumb.jpg

It seems that SoundMax Digital Audio isn't so banished by Apple from SL onwards. After trying many times all kinds of solutions from those on the internet like AD2000b.kext, VoodooHDA.kext, etc, with which only got the famous "device id 0x..., audio id 12, available devices... none, and only the LineOut working in system preferences audio out, I finally got all in my sound card working combining the following:

-A kext named HDEFEnabler from Idon't know who (Copyrighted "MyCompanyName_2006)

and nothing more. Anything named "voodoo" is on my computer. (But many thanx to voodoo owners for their help in leopard and so many times, of course!), so, now, this is my audio system profiler. And everything works, and everything is present in the Logic 9 and others audio applications and with full functionality.

Can you make a RAR of this 3 file? And Upload it?

Because I like use it.

Thank you.

Ok, i will try (never do before in this forum) And, sorry, there aren't 3. I forgot AD2000b.kext (of a certain XyZ Corp 2009). There are 4 including AppleHDA.kext from retail SL. Install, you know, with Kext Helper and then run Kext Utility. I have nothing in the folder Extra except the Chameleon Themes (RC2) and, of course, the SMBIOS.plist (hide). Chameleon was installed with de Netkas bootloader. Ok, this is the zip. Good luck!

Kext.zip

Ok, i will try (never do before in this forum) And, sorry, there aren't 3. I forgot AD2000b.kext (of a certain XyZ Corp 2009). There are 4 including AppleHDA.kext from retail SL. Install, you know, with Kext Helper and then run Kext Utility. I have nothing in the folder Extra except the Chameleon Themes (RC2) and, of course, the SMBIOS.plist (hide). Chameleon was installed with de Netkas bootloader. Ok, this is the zip. Good luck!

Kext.zip

It's Perfect.

It's that I need it.

Thank you very very much for your help.

Bye bye.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for asking this, but am a noob and trying to get my audio working (no sound from SL currently), can you please just list down the steps please.....please, this will really help me.

• 9 months later...

Hi MakOSX!

Thank you very much for the kexts!

It works perfectly on my machine: (CPU Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550; 4GB RAM; MainBoard ASUS P5Q-E/WiFi-AP; VGA 512MB Nvidia GeForce 8600GT) on SL 10.6.4

I have used all 4 kexts:

1) AD2000.kext

2) AppleHDA.kext

3) HDAEnabler.kext

4) HDEFEnabler.kext

because I found that the Sound card would not work if one of four those kexts were missing.

I saw something very strange, could you just watch and comment:

I have used in turn with two VGA cards, but the results are very different:

1) 512MB Nvidia GeForce 8600GT: The system operations very well.

2) 1GB Nvidia GeForce GT240: It often gets kernel panic when booting normally, but occasionally works fine when booting with -f -v.

Note that I do not need any kext for the VGA card, but use "GraphicsEnabler = y" in com.apple.Boot.plist. Both 2 VGA cards work fine with full functionality.

• 2 months later...
Hi MakOSX!

Thank you very much for the kexts!

It works perfectly on my machine: (CPU Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550; 4GB RAM; MainBoard ASUS P5Q-E/WiFi-AP; VGA 512MB Nvidia GeForce 8600GT) on SL 10.6.4

I have used all 4 kexts:

1) AD2000.kext

2) AppleHDA.kext

3) HDAEnabler.kext

4) HDEFEnabler.kext

because I found that the Sound card would not work if one of four those kexts were missing.

I saw something very strange, could you just watch and comment:

I have used in turn with two VGA cards, but the results are very different:

1) 512MB Nvidia GeForce 8600GT: The system operations very well.

2) 1GB Nvidia GeForce GT240: It often gets kernel panic when booting normally, but occasionally works fine when booting with -f -v.

Note that I do not need any kext for the VGA card, but use "GraphicsEnabler = y" in com.apple.Boot.plist. Both 2 VGA cards work fine with full functionality.

Dont know if this helps you but I have a GT240 card see my post here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=225948

Hope it helps with the card part of your question, cheers, Plucka