Need help with osx86

RealMatrix

18 posts in this topic

Hello,

I'm having problems with 2 of my computers, i'll explain them both.

1st pc:

Medion 8830:

CPU : DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo E4500

Chipset: nVidia nForce 630i

Motherb: MSI P6NGM-FD (MS-7366)

VGA : ATI Radeon HD 3870

3d acc : ATI Radeon HD 3870

Sound : Realtek ALC888/1200 @ nVIDIA MCP73

WLAN : 802.11 n/g/b Wireless LAN USB Adapter

LAN : nVIDIA (MCP73) (Realtek RTL8211/8212)

I've managed to install 2 versions of osx86 (XXX 10.5.6 Universal Final & iPC 10.5.6 PPF 5) both install properly without any problems (exept for cpus=1 to get installer to work) but after install they never boot past the mac screen (not even the spinning indicator appears). With XXX i get the famous headers and buffers error (can't remember the exact error but was something like using 15768 header or so) other versions just keep rebooting even with -v, -x, -f, cpus=1, platform=x86pc all does not help.

Can somebody please help me with this, maybe you can tell me what to checkmark (kernals, kext)

2nd pc:

Acer Aspire 7000:

CPU : Mobile AMD Sempron 3500+ (x86, x86-64, MMX, 3DNow!, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3)

Chipset: nVIDIA nForce 430 (MCP51)

VGA : nVIDIA GeForce Go 6100

3d acc : nVIDIA GeForce Go 6100

Sound : Realtek ALC883

WLAN : Broadcom 802.11g

LAN : nVIDIA nForce 430 (MCP51) (Realtek RTL8211/8212)

Here i get the same problem with any version (kalyway, iAtkos, XXX, JaS, Leo) they all boot from dvd into the spinning mac screen and that's it. offcourse with flag -v i see an error (still waiting for root device) maybe someone knows a version which could work.

Please let me know @ virgildeklerk@hotmail.com or reply here.

Greetz,

Virgil

Next attempt fails as well.

Today i've tryed the iDeneb 1.4 10.5.6 version on my medion 8830 but it does nothing.

The dvd boot without any problems (not even the cpus=1 flag was needed) and brings me to the installer, this time i've choosen to checkmark the following options:

ACPI fix (my bios is set to ACPI but i've also triad IDE no difference)

and nothing else but the default checkmarks, installer took about 40 min and then it was booting time.

This time i've made a picture of the screen and posted it here.

All flags i've use did not make any differance it always booted up till this and nothing else.

Is there somebody who know how i can fix this? i'm so close getting it to boot but it always fails at the last part..

Please let me know.

post-405044-1255986616_thumb.jpg

Ok this worked pretty good.

I used the 1st method with macdrive 7 and it boots now till "com.apple.driver.itunesphonedriver has no kernel dependency" and then the famous "still waiting for root device" appears.

I've also tryed it changing the AppleEFIRuntime.kext to AppleEFIRuntime.kext-vanilla but then it just does not show the "com.apple.driver.itunesphonedriver has no kernel dependency" and also shows "still waiting for root device"

I also tryed rd=disk0s3 but that didn't change anything.

offcourse i used the -f , -v , -x , -s , platform=ACPI , platform=X86PC en cpus=1 flags but same result.

without the cpus=1 flag my pc just reboots after i press enter at the darwin bootloader.

i'm gonna try the iPC 10.5.6 Leopard PPF5 edition ones more maybe this time it works with the new tricks i've gotten from you.

If you got any solutions for "still waiting for root device" please let me know.

Look at the att. for my screenshots.

post-405044-1256150715_thumb.jpg

post-405044-1256151170_thumb.jpg

OK, i tried to use the solutions provided by insanelymac but still i am getting "Still waiting for root device"

I'll explain what i have tested yesterday and what found out more about my Medion 8830.

First i checkt my pc how the dvd and HDD are connected and in what order.

DVD = IDE Primary Master

HDD = SATA but has no jumper on it, so this means cable select (so it's slave i think)

S.M.A.R.T. was allreasy enabled on my bios and my SATA is configured as AHCI

I have also tried the method of copying all the ATA kext from installation disc to HDD but there i found out something strange.

When i bootup from the installation disc (iDeneb 1.4 10.5.6) and at the installation menu i enter terminal to copy the files with the following command: cp -pr /Volumes/iDeneb_v1.4_10.5.6/System/Library/Extensions/*ATA* /Volumes/MACOSX/System/Library/Extensions/ it says "There is no such file or directory"

I also tried this with iPC 10.5.6 and XxX 10.5.6 Install Disc Universal Final but everytime it says "There is no such file or directory"

Then i boot up my Windows Vista and checkt all 3 discs using Mac Drive 7 and there i see all the files and folders which terminal says not existed. <--- i really don't know how it's possible that Mac Drive 7 can see the files/folders but terminal can not.

so i tried the rd=disk0 and rd=disk0s3 again but that didn't change anything

Then when i shut down my pc i noticed that my Numlock led was on while my pc was off, then i checked my pc again and now i see that i'm using a USB mouse and a PS/2 keyboard.

I don't know if a keyboard can cause this much problems but i know that macs prefer USB so tonight i will use een USB keyboard.

I think the main problem is my nVidia nForce 630i chipset but i'm not sure.

Does anyone (perhaps Das_human) have other options/possibilities/Kext for me?

Thx for all your reply's

Thx again Das_Human i'm very happy with your advise.

It's a very big forum topic (also one of the best forum i know) which you gave me,but i think i've found what i need

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=87901

am i right? If not, can u give me a hint?

i know i ask a lot but i've been trying to get this to work for a couple of months now and every day i'm getting closer. as soon as this works i also want to try this on my Acer Aspire One d250 but i think 1 pc each time is enough. :)

Oke true it is a very good guide but still i'm getting this error maybe i did something wrong?

I downloaded the AppleNForceATA.kext and the AppleNForceATA.kext TEST but both do not make any difference and i did remove the caches en extensions.mkext enz enz before rebooting with cpus=1 -v -f

Also rd=disk0s3 did not help.

FYI: disk0s1 = Windows Vista Home Premium, disk0s2 = NTFS partition for stuff, disk0s3 is 25 GB partition for named MACOSX

I hope you are the keeper of the knowlegde to solve this problem.

Maybe i need another Nforce kext or another version (i've got Kalyway 10.5.2, iDeneb v1.4 10.5.6, JaS 10.4.8, iAtkos 5i 10.5.5, iPC 10.5.6 PPF5 and XxX 10.5.6 Universal Final) which one is best?

.... i don't know anymore what else to try. ;)

Are you sure that AppleNForceATA.kext was installed correctly with appropriate permissions?

Also make sure that the Vendor/Device ID of your nForce disk controller is present in the above kext.

I'm not really sure (see my previous reply)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have tried the method of copying all the ATA kext from installation disc to HDD but there i found out something strange.

When i bootup from the installation disc (iDeneb 1.4 10.5.6) at the installation menu i enter terminal to copy the files with the following command: cp -pr /Volumes/iDeneb_v1.4_10.5.6/System/Library/Extensions/*ATA* /Volumes/MACOSX/System/Library/Extensions/

terminal says "no such file or directory"

I also tried this with iPC 10.5.6 and XxX 10.5.6 Install Disc Universal Final but everytime terminal says "no such file or directory"

Then i boot up my Windows Vista and checkt all 3 installation discs using Mac Drive 7 and there i see all the files and folders which terminal says not existed. <--- i really don't know how it's possible that Mac Drive 7 can see the files/folders but terminal can not.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so what i did (i think this is the problem) is copy the AppleNForceATA.kext to System/Library/Extensions and tried booting with cpus=1 -v -f (AppleNForceATA.kext) wasn't there before. (i didn't checkmark anything special at the installation of OSX)

Is there a way to set the rights from windows with macdrive?

possibly i can just copy the AppleNForceATA.kext to System/Library/Extensions with macdrive and then from the iPC 10.5.6 or XxX 10.5.6 Install Disc Universal Final install disc i can use the terminal to fix the rights?

"

some important ones:

chown -R 0:0 ABC.kext (if you are in the same folder as the kexts)

chown -R 0:0 /System/Library/Extensions/ABC.kext (if you are not sure where you are)

chown -R 0:0 mach_kernel (if you are in root)

chown -R 0:0 /mach_kernel (if you are not sure where you are)

chmod -R 755 ABC.kext (if you are in the drivers folder)

chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/ABC.kext (if you dont know where you are)

chmod -R 644 mach_kernel

"

If there is another way please let me know.

Today i'm gonna try again to copy the AppleNForceATA.kext and set the rights, i'll let you know how it went.

Thanks for all your help Das_Human.

Ok, i have been trying to fix this problem for a couple of hours yesterday but still i can't fix it.

The Still waiting for root device messege still apears...

I found out after reading some more that i didn't use the quotes " " for a directory with spaces in it.

So now i can access the installation dvd's using terminal, i double checked in terminal and in windows using macdrive 7 but there's no directory Extensions on the 2 dvd's that work ( XxX x86 10.5.6 Install Disc Universal Final & iDeneb 1.4 10.5.6) so i can't copy all the *ATA* kext to my MacHD.

I now downloading Leo & Kalyway to see if they have this directory on there discs.

Also i've tried to set te rights but as i get to the installer and open Terminal, i type sudo -s and it does not work

What's wrong with me :)

Can somebody please tell me what i can try.

Download an appropriate AppleNForceATA.kext. Copy it to a FAT formatted USB flash. Boot with OS X install disk. Open the Terminal.

sudo -s
rm -Rf /Volumes/DiskNameOSXisInstalledTo/System/Library/Extensions/AppleNForceATA.kext
cp -R /Volumes/USBflashName/AppleNForceATA.kext /Volumes/DiskNameOSXisInstalledTo/System/Library/Extensions
rm -R /Volumes/DiskNameOSXisInstalledTo/System/Library/Extensions.mkext
chmod -R 755 /Volumes/DiskNameOSXisInstalledTo/System/Library/Extensions
chown -R root:wheel /Volumes/DiskNameOSXisInstalledTo/System/Library/Extensions

Reboot.

rm - removes an AppleNForceATA.kext from the disk (if any)

cp - copyes the AppleNForceATA.kext from USB flash to disk

rm - removes Extensions cache

chmod/chown - sets correct permissions to /System/Library/Extensions folder.

• 7 months later...

Hiii...

I installed the iATKOS v7 and everything works fine except the audio is Realtek ALC888 @ nVIDIA MCP78 HDA on the MSI K9N2GM board .. I've already AppleHDA patch, I used VoodooHDA and AzaliaAudio but I can not make it work.

;)

I ask for help PLEASEEEE .. I await your response and I thank you in advance;)

codec_dump.txt

Hi everybody,this is my first post on this forum and of course my first help request :D .

I'm trying to install a hackintosh version on my desktop system,see it in my sig,but any dvd version I try(Zephyroth's,iAtkos v7,IPC,Leo4All,Kalyway,Ideneb 1.6 Lite,SL from Hazard,SL Universal,etc.) it won't boot at all,with any boot flag,all of them hang up during boot to the same line:"Waiting for boot volume with UUID XXX-XXX

Waiting on ..."

I'm Totally New To MAC Installation.. I'm an aspiring editor.. So I'm trying to install MAC on my PC to Use Final Cut Pro..

This Is My PC's Config :

Intel Core 2 Duo E4600 2.4GHz ..

Intel 945GCNL Motherboard

4 GB DDR2 RAM

nVidia 9500 1GB Graphics

I Downloaded iDeneb 1.4 10.5.6 ... Burned It On To A DVD...

Put It On.. Tried To Boot.. Pressed F8 and -v ....

It came down to ACPI and got stuck there..

How do i proceed.. Please Help Me...