[Success!]  Snow Leopard 10.6.1 on UD3R/Q9650/GTX 295

smsaim

5 posts in this topic

Big thanks to d00m42 and his UD3R Guide located here!

I now have a FULLY functional Snow Leopard! ;)

(Themed! Bonjour works! And it's FAST and STABLE!)

System Specs: :)

InteL Q9650 Quad Core @ 4.15GHz - Gigabyte UD3R - GeForce GTX 295 OC'd @ 756/1630/1252

128BG Corsair P128 SSD - 300GB Velociraptor - 4GB G.Skill DDR2@ 1155MHz - 24" Dell 2408 - CPU & GPU Watercooled

PCP&C 860w Power Supply - Razer Deathadder & Razer Lycosa - Dual-Boot Windows 7 x64 (Gaming)

th_MyDesktop-1.jpg

Other than following d00m42's guide and the USB guide there:

eVGA GTX 295 ---> EFI String in com.apple.Boot.plist + NVGTX295.Fix.kext - Both GPU's detected 1792MB

Trial and error from here (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=147149)

ALC889a ---> ALC889a.kext + DSDT

This guide (http://www.infinitemac.com/f57/guide-alc889a-with-analog-5-1-surround-t3746/)

Network Card + Bonjour ---> RealtekR1000.kext + DSDT

d00m42's thread! (forgot where I got the kext)

Wish I could help others with their problems, but I doubt I could be any help. This install didn't go smoothly by any means, it took me about 30 straight hours or so of reinstalling, trial and error, etc...Just keep google'ing your problems and you'll eventually make like I did. The biggest problem I ran into was that the installer kept freezing at SMC_ACPI_something something TIMED OUT....it turned out it was my video card that was the problem. After trying many video card kexts and several EFI strings I finally found one that worked, and I have tattoo'd that EFI string on my arm because it was the happiest moment of my life (just kidding about the tattoo, haha)

*The file I have included below is my ENTIRE Extra folder without the Extensions.kext which I generated with the Kext Utility after SL was up and running. I used this exact folder to get the installer working, and I am using these exact files right now.

Good luck to you all! :D

Extra.zip

• 4 months later...

I now have a FULLY functional Snow Leopard! :D

System Specs: :hammer:

InteL Q9650 Quad Core @ 4.15GHz - Gigabyte UD3R - GeForce GTX 295 OC'd @ 756/1630/1252

128BG Corsair P128 SSD - 300GB Velociraptor - 4GB G.Skill DDR2@ 1155MHz - 24" Dell 2408 - CPU & GPU Watercooled

PCP&C 860w Power Supply - Razer Deathadder & Razer Lycosa - Dual-Boot Windows 7 x64 (Gaming)

th_MyDesktop-1.jpg

eVGA GTX 295 ---> EFI String in com.apple.Boot.plist + NVGTX295.Fix.kext - Both GPU's detected 1792MB

Trial and error from here (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=147149)

This guide (http://www.infinitemac.com/f57/guide-alc889a-with-analog-5-1-surround-t3746/)

Wish I could help others with their problems, but I doubt I could be any help. This install didn't go smoothly by any means, it took me about 30 straight hours or so of reinstalling, trial and error, etc...Just keep google'ing your problems and you'll eventually make like I did. The biggest problem I ran into was that the installer kept freezing at SMC_ACPI_something something TIMED OUT....it turned out it was my video card that was the problem. After trying many video card kexts and several EFI strings I finally found one that worked, and I have tattoo'd that EFI string on my arm because it was the happiest moment of my life (just kidding about the tattoo, haha)

*The file I have included below is my ENTIRE Extra folder without the Extensions.kext which I generated with the Kext Utility after SL was up and running. I used this exact folder to get the installer working, and I am using these exact files right now.

wow... this is pretty exciting about the gtx 295!!

just wondering where you got the fix kext?

and could post the efi string?

cheers!

• 2 months later...

I now have a FULLY functional Snow Leopard! :)

System Specs: :rolleyes:

th_MyDesktop-1.jpg

Hi smsaim

I don't have rig anywhere similar to yours.

But I'd be very grateful if you could tell me which theme you've applied and how?

Seems that there are only2-4 themes floating around the Internet. And, not proper guides to install all teh Sart.bin files, etc etc etc.

I'll be glad to offer a free beer, for that! ;)

Thanks & Regards

Freaky Chokra

• 2 months later...

jus a quick question, is your command key working for your lycosa? coz mine isn't and it's pretty annoying, see no point changing it to a normal USB keyboard and throwing away my lycosa just for that command key but it's a useful key to have ~

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have successfuly installed 10.6.3 iAtkos s3 v2 on my Intel X58SO+i7+gtx295 (single pcb)

(used EFI string + gtx295fix kext)

But i have stumbled accross problem that i cannot run QuakeLive fullscreen :P

It runs ok in window, even Fusion+XP+IE8 is ok .... but under 10.6.3 i get blank lightly colored screen :) ... game is running ... that i can hear from sounds, but no picture :(

Any ideas?

Thanks