Wineskin

TheDoh123

9 posts in this topic

EDIT: updating for new beta version

I need some help testing out Wineskin 1.1.30beta2... a lot of changes in this version including a built in XQuartz X11 server...

This is merely a tool used to make a quick Wine port of a windows program over to Macs... games or other programs... kind of like making Crossover and Cider wrappers.

Here is a link to the posting about it on The Game Porting Team website

http://forum.portingteam.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1044

I'm posting this in the gaming section since this is where we usually talk about wrappers for games...

WinAmp - Work with huge graphic lags

Aimp2 - Work perfect

----------------------------------------------

P.S. - Game no testing. But i think need understand why winamp not work property

thanks...

Winamp doesn't work extremely well in Wine.. it has issues, plus even more with Apples X11, so its not surprising.

I've found Xquartz open source on Leopard runs Wine stuff MUCH faster than Apples X11 on Snow Leopard. Hopefully when Xquartz 2.4.1 is available, this will be different....

But more on Wineskin, was it clear how to use it? Any thoughts or recommendations?

Well, I moved zeroPSX over to it, and aside from being windowed instead of full screen, it seems to have transferred quite well :)

Especially nice, since even though I'm still on 10.5, all my old Crossover bundles have stopped working -- this works, and should still work when I upgrade to SL this weekend!

Well, I moved zeroPSX over to it, and aside from being windowed instead of full screen, it seems to have transferred quite well :(

Especially nice, since even though I'm still on 10.5, all my old Crossover bundles have stopped working -- this works, and should still work when I upgrade to SL this weekend!

cool

To play full screen with X11.app, you have to go into X11.app preferences and set up fullscreen usage there.... but then Xrandr still doesnt work, so the game wont be able to change the resolution, and it'll be a little box stuck in the corner.... so if you want full screen at 640x480 (or whatever) you have to change your resolution to 640x480, set X11 to full screen, then launch it, and it should be right.

I really wish Crossover would release some of the X11 stuff to the Xquartz team so they can make Xquartz better

Well, I moved zeroPSX over to it, and aside from being windowed instead of full screen, it seems to have transferred quite well :whistle:

Em, are you active in the portingteam Forums?

Since i currently have my hands full getting everything online again would you also come to the emu section and post some of the converted Ports?

It could be a while before i can make an alternative version of the zeroPorts with WineSkin, although i'm currently not giving up on the CX Wrapper.

As i've seen from some experiments i made, every CX port should get a huge performance increase in both speed and startup time with Snow Leopard.