Marvell 88SE6102 (PATA/IDE) under SL 64 Bit Vanilla

Piotrekk

15 posts in this topic

Halo,

I used the retail DVD to install SL on my Asus P5QL-Pro based system, no problems at all. Everything except the Marvell 88SE6102 IDE works, is there a way to get the PATA channel working? I've got 2 HDs connected to the IDE port and need the free space...

Pio

• 1 month later...

I'm still looking for a solution... Unfortunately it seems that none of the really awesome hackers have the marvell 88SE61xxxx chip- so we're not getting much support here. You can just tell by lack of posts about this controller.

Please post here if you have found or find a solution! I will do the same!

Good luck!

• 1 month later...

Awesome! That's great! Thank you so much! :D

I've had that VIA kext on my hackintosh since the beginning... And it works just fine. Turns out the problem was that I had several kexts that were all trying to claim the darn thing and somehow none of them were getting it. All I had to do was go in to the info.plist of all the kexts which refer to SATA or ATA drivers and remove the device ID for the Marvell 88SE6121. And then everything was OK :wacko: Just to be on the safe side I removed all of the other device IDs from the AppleVIA kext.

• 3 weeks later...
Halo,

I used the retail DVD to install SL on my Asus P5QL-Pro based system, no problems at all. Everything except the Marvell 88SE6102 IDE works, is there a way to get the PATA channel working? I've got 2 HDs connected to the IDE port and need the free space...

Pio

Sorry for my bad english..;.(

My Mobo is a Asus P5QC with bios Juzzi.

Audio ok, Lan ok, Video ok..not DVD's

Marvell Ide=Disabled.

Help me??

Help me??

You can use AppleVIA kext which you can find on kext (dot) com. you're going to have to find out you devices exact ID #. Then you need to check the Info.plist file inside the kext and make sure it has your device's ID #. If it doesn't have it, then add it- in the same format as the other devices. THEN (this is important- this why mine didn't work for 2 months and I couldn't figure out the reason) you have make sure that you're not using any other kexts which have your devices ID # in their Info.plist file. If they do, you should remove it. Once you do that, it should work just fine... Good luck!

I've had that VIA kext on my hackintosh since the beginning...

Thank you for advice !!! I can't solve this problem during 2 months... :thumbsup_anim:

Now I have FULL working IDE Marvell 88SE6145 PATA & SATA [11ab:6145] - MB ASUS P5E64 WS Evolution

- this kext http://www.kexts.com/view/201-appleviaata_..._evolution.html

it's my combination from next two:

this http://www.kexts.com/view/87-appleviaata_f...ow_leopard.html

and this

AppleVIAATA6111_6145.kext_.zip

Thank you for advice !!! I can't solve this problem during 2 months... :)

Now i have FULL working IDE Marvell 88SE6145 PATA & SATA [11ab:6145]

Nice find ;) Just tried it out... It's cool, as long as you're only using the device to connect an eSATA drive. The PATA/IDE drives which are also controlled by this device are listed as SATA drives- but they are not. I don't know how much of a problem that may or may not be. Maybe it really is a SATA controller which is basically fitted with parallel adapters. Finding out more detailed information on the architecture has been tricky. It's also hard to find out what (if any) the small differences between the various models in the 61xx family might be.

So far I'm not having any problems with the PATA drive- but I do not have 'write' enabled.

The 'hot-plug' feature of the eSATA port doesn't seem to be working. Not sure if it will be listed as 'ejectable' or not...

But I am definitely happy to have it listed as SATA. I don't know if it's just cosmetic or if it actually enables the additional features of SATA.

Thanks!

Nice find :) Just tried it out...

I don't have any eSATA drive... so I can't test the 'hot-plug' feature of the eSATA... :)

34534eed411bd3b2a1c5f31901c15888.jpeg

one of the IDE hard drives is NTFS - read only ("archive")

and the other ("common") is HFS+(Journaled) - read and wright ...

but they look like external once.( it righted itself after the update 10.6.3)))

But it does not matter for me ... seen on screenshot.

It was necessary for me for proper studying and using Final Cut Pro at home.

It was a pity to throw out two hard drives 160Gb from my old computer.

I done it myself and this was VERY difficult for me... because I am using MAC system on PC less then 2 months... whereas DOS and Windows - more then 15 years

... it's not just cosmetic for me. And now everything in my system is OK!!!

P.S. I'm videodesigner, not a programmer. I'm absolutely amateur in MAC... just "advanced" user...

... if anyone can improve this kext - I will be happy :D

... and sorry for my poor English.

Excellent! Very good!!! I was using a slightly different version of the kext which treated those drives as PATA (regular/parallel) IDE... I haven't been able to notice any difference except that is "says" they are SATA (which could just be cosmetic- I don't know how to tell, or what difference it makes).

BUT I'm glad you got your system working- and your English is FINE! ^_^

As long as there are no errors or data corruption I think it's better if they are shown as SATA...

Congratulations- thank you for sharing!

• 2 weeks later...
You can use AppleVIA kext which you can find on kext (dot) com. you're going to have to find out you devices exact ID #. Then you need to check the Info.plist file inside the kext and make sure it has your device's ID #. If it doesn't have it, then add it- in the same format as the other devices. THEN (this is important- this why mine didn't work for 2 months and I couldn't figure out the reason) you have make sure that you're not using any other kexts which have your devices ID # in their Info.plist file. If they do, you should remove it. Once you do that, it should work just fine... Good luck!

Tank's, Don,

My mobo is a Asus P5QC marvell IDE 86se6111...

kext for is?