IOInterruptEventSource on AppleRTL8169Ethernet PCI ONLY when using DSDT.aml

IscreaMan

6 posts in this topic

Hi.

I have a fully working Vanilla 10.6.1 on my old GA-945P-S3 (rev. 1.0) board with only 1 kext - fakesmc and latest Chameleon 2.0 RC3.

My mainboard has Realtek 8111B Gigabit Ethernet controller, but i have also similar second realtek NIC on PCI slot. They are both handled by AppleRTL8169Ethernet extension.

Both cards work great out of the box, but only without using patched DSDT.aml.

When i do some patching (for CMOS fix and Geforce 8800GT entry) i have this error on boot and my PCI networking card doesn't work anymore.

9/21/09 5:33:29 PM kernel AppleRTL8169Ethernet: IOInterruptEventSource error - PCI

9/21/09 5:33:31 PM kernel AppleRTL8169Ethernet: Ethernet address 00:2a:4d:27:76:71 - Built-in

No mater if i do network DSDT patching or NOT - PCI card does not work. Even one single patch for CMOS fix (which is a must-have!) gives this error. 

Thanks for any help in advance!

When i do some patching (for CMOS fix and Geforce 8800GT entry) i have this error on boot and my PCI networking card doesn't work anymore.

9/21/09 5:33:29 PM kernel AppleRTL8169Ethernet: IOInterruptEventSource error - PCI

9/21/09 5:33:31 PM kernel AppleRTL8169Ethernet: Ethernet address 00:2a:4d:27:76:71 - Built-in

Sounds like you have the same problem I had. Try moving the network card to a different slot.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I'm so pleased you figured this out, because I've just bought a TP-Link branded 8169 today in the hope of using it in my hackintosh only to run into this iointerrupteventsource problem. I moved the kexts you've mentioned, rebuilt the cache and rebooted and now I'm back online. Phew!

Thanks! :)

• 1 year later...
Hi.

I have a fully working Vanilla 10.6.1 on my old GA-945P-S3 (rev. 1.0) board with only 1 kext - fakesmc and latest Chameleon 2.0 RC3.

My mainboard has Realtek 8111B Gigabit Ethernet controller, but i have also similar second realtek NIC on PCI slot. They are both handled by AppleRTL8169Ethernet extension.

Both cards work great out of the box, but only without using patched DSDT.aml.

No mater if i do network DSDT patching or NOT - PCI card does not work. Even one single patch for CMOS fix (which is a must-have!) gives this error. 

Thanks for any help in advance!

dsdt has irq conflict or needs _OSID for Darwin faking to be Windows 2006

also try Lnx2Mac driver

check this out too

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=206313

Excellent!

I killed my motherboard trying to flash the firmware and changed to another one. Since then my ethernet card wasn't recognised because of the same issue. I did what you said and that fixed it. Thank you!

recover original bios and check mac address for proper numbers.