How to get Intel GMA X3100 (0x2a02) working with full QE/CI and working login screen.

sixpackmac

33 posts in this topic

Hello all! I have a friend who has made a solution for fixing the GMA X3100. He fixed my laptop such that it has full qe/ci and it allows me to use the login screen. It is a form of the sleep display method in which sleep display is run about 10 seconds after login window loads. It works great for me. He even compiled it into a package! I have the separate parts available if you want those also. For this method I used standard vanilla IntelGMAX3100 kexts.

Basically here is what you need to do,

Print off this post or have an extra working computer to look at with this post.

Unzip the Sleep_at_login.zip file I attached onto a flash drive or the hard drive of the pc your trying to fix.

Turn on the computer you're wanting to fix.

At the efi menu press a button then enter -s. Login when asked then enter this code at terminal.

mkdir /backup/

cd /System/Library/Extensions/

cp -R AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext /backup/

cp -R AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext /backup/

cp -R AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext /backup/

rm -Rf AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext

rm -Rf AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext

rm -Rf AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext

Turn off your computer and reboot. Your computer should load into OS X. Open up the package from the zip you put on the flash drive or on the HD and install it. Next you will need to open up kexthelper and reinstall the original kexts from the folder backup.

Drag the kexts in /backup/ to kext helper and install them. Reboot and cross your fingers.

If this works please post so I know it does. If it doesn't work, post and I'll try to get my friend to fix the package.

:wacko:

My kexts and bundles

Sleep_at_login.zip

post-209311-1251384379_thumb.png

Hello all! I have a friend who has made a solution for fixing the GMA X3100. He fixed my laptop such that it has full qe/ci and it allows me to use the login screen. It is a form of the sleep display method in which sleep display is run about 10 seconds after login window loads. It works great for me. He even compiled it into a package! I have the separate parts available if you want those also. For this method I used standard vanilla IntelGMAX3100 kexts.

Print off this post or have an extra working computer to look at with this post.

Unzip the Sleep_at_login.zip file I attached onto a flash drive or the hard drive of the pc your trying to fix.

At the efi menu press a button then enter -s. Login when asked then enter this code at terminal.

mkdir /backup/

Turn off your computer and reboot. Your computer should load into OS X. Open up the package from the zip you put on the flash drive or on the HD and install it. Next you will need to open up kexthelper and reinstall the original kexts from the folder backup.

Drag the kexts in /backup/ to kext helper and install them. Reboot and cross your fingers.

If this works please post so I know it does. If it doesn't work, post and I'll try to get my friend to fix the package.

:D

Could you please tell me what is the id number of your GMA 80862A42, 80862772, ?? You can check this by going to your About Mac and clicking on the Graphic/video on the left side columns thanks.

I have a 2A42 model and I am desprately looking for a solution and applying yours it stays in blue screen all the time.

Could your pal suggest a solution for 422A series?

Regards,

Artimess

Could you please tell me what is the id number of your GMA 80862A42, 80862772, ?? You can check this by going to your About Mac and clicking on the Graphic/video on the left side columns thanks.

I have a 2A42 model and I am desprately looking for a solution and applying yours it stays in blue screen all the time.

Could your pal suggest a solution for 422A series?

Regards,

Artimess

I'm sorry I haven't been on for a while. It appears this fix only works for 0x2a02 GPUs. I have a picture of the system profiler specs attached in the original post.

As far as kexts go these are mine. They work on 10.5.8.

Your fix did not work on my Aopen MiniPC MP965-D with the GMA X3100 graphics. I have an IPC install at 10.5.7 that is mostly useable. If I do not delete the X3100 kexts I get a screen as seen in lower image. With a -x safe boot I get the desktop shown; note the chip set is discovered, no kext loaded and no Quart Extream.

I have tried most of the fixes found here on the forum and still do not have full driver support for this video chip set.

Any help anyone?

Neildesktop1.jpgdesktop2.jpg

Your fix did not work on my Aopen MiniPC MP965-D with the GMA X3100 graphics. I have an IPC install at 10.5.7 that is mostly useable. If I do not delete the X3100 kexts I get a screen as seen in lower image. With a -x safe boot I get the desktop shown; note the chip set is discovered, no kext loaded and no Quart Extream.

I have tried most of the fixes found here on the forum and still do not have full driver support for this video chip set.

Any help anyone?

Neil

try this driver pack (10.5.x only!):

http://rapidshare.com/files/225327065/Inte...A_X3100_Fix.pkg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I thought I would share my X3100 issue and how I solved it, in case it can help anyone else perusing this thread for a fix:

Whenever I tried booting a retail OSX DVD, or after installing iDeneb, I would get a black "blank" screen on my laptop. The backlight was on, but no picture. Eventually I figured out that disabling or deleting all X3100 kext's would let me boot, but this was, of course, not a permanent solution.

Long story short, with some trial and error, I discovered that the framebuffer was the issue. Swapping out the AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext with one off the iDeneb 1.6 dvd (version 1.5.18.7, dated October 19, 2009) gave me perfectly working graphics. All other X3100 kexts are stock on my 10.5.8 retail installation. Full available resolution list, plus QE. No graphic glitches whatsoever!

post-246992-1256233859_thumb.png

I thought I would share my X3100 issue and how I solved it, in case it can help anyone else perusing this thread for a fix:

Whenever I tried booting a retail OSX DVD, or after installing iDeneb, I would get a black "blank" screen on my laptop. The backlight was on, but no picture. Eventually I figured out that disabling or deleting all X3100 kext's would let me boot, but this was, of course, not a permanent solution.

Long story short, with some trial and error, I discovered that the framebuffer was the issue. Swapping out the AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext with one off the iDeneb 1.6 dvd (version 1.5.18.7, dated October 19, 2009) gave me perfectly working graphics. All other X3100 kexts are stock on my 10.5.8 retail installation. Full available resolution list, plus QE. No graphic glitches whatsoever!

I had exactly the same issue. With one set of kext's hardware acceleration was not working (no video, effects, etc.), with another set notebook's LCD was black (with lamp turned on), but external monitor was working fine. I replaced AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext and now everything is fine! Hardware acceleration with notebook LCD.

Could I please ask you just attach the kext that works to your posting. Getting iDenb 1.6 seems impossible for me. Tried many torrents and failed.

Thanks.

Artimess

Could I please ask you just attach the kext that works to your posting. Getting iDenb 1.6 seems impossible for me. Tried many torrents and failed.

Thanks.

Artimess

Attached is the framebuffer kext that cured things for me. I would just delete your current AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext from S/L/E, then install this one using B7 Kext Helper, and reboot. That's all it took for me... working 100% solid now, everytime!

AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext.zip

• 1 month later...

ty charred.. i thought it was a DSDT fixable issue. been breaking my damaged goods for past day on this Toshiba P205-S7804 and dsdtse .... however everything works great now with that FB and Natit , sleep with sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 3 :D works with usb mouse waking it up!.

i wonder if its the OSYS line that said windows 2000 SP2 i changed to Darwin and made it act like "windows 2006" Store (0x07D6 instead of D2) :blink:

ty charred.. i thought it was a DSDT fixable issue. been breaking my damaged goods for past day on this Toshiba P205-S7804 and dsdtse .... however everything works great now with that FB and Natit , sleep with sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 3 :D works with usb mouse waking it up!.

i wonder if its the OSYS line that said windows 2000 SP2 i changed to Darwin and made it act like "windows 2006" Store (0x07D6 instead of D2) :blink:

I'm hoping this is in fact a DSDT fixable issue. Replacing the FB and adding Natit does indeed 100% solve the issue, but I'm trying for a lower-level fix. Right now I'm able to leave all stock kexts and no Natit by using a DSDT fix with a Display Override patch, and am working to get rid of the latter. Discussion is ongoing in the non-working X3100 sticky thread.

I've never noticed that changing my OSYS lines have done anything.

I am running snow leopard 10.6 in a dell 1525 with 1.6ghz processor, 2gb ram, x3100 graphics.

Tried many kexts but no qe support in none. can you please post here or in any upload site all your x3100 kext's?

Just for testing... Who knows...

Thank you

I am running snow leopard 10.6 in a dell 1525 with 1.6ghz processor, 2gb ram, x3100 graphics.

Tried many kexts but no qe support in none. can you please post here or in any upload site all your x3100 kext's?

Just for testing... Who knows...

Thank you

Attached are the working AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext and Natit.kext I was using under 10.5.8. Hope they help.

X3100FB_Natit.zip

• 1 month later...

mkdir /backup/

:)

My kexts and bundles

This step work out well. thanks alot

specs: GM965/960 x3100 on Mac OSX 10.5.7)

• 3 weeks later...