acer 5930g V2.0

Hugo_bee

1 post in this topic

yes.. the newer dsdt has all the fixes tipically needed (errors and warnings.. _T, _WAK, etc ..) and:

hpet fix by adding win 2006=darwin code so no need of any kind of disabler.. and we use the retail appleintelcpupowermanagement! but.. see below todo list

rtc fix

wak hack

invidia 9600m gt 512mb ram injected QE/CI extreme

alc888 EFI injected, no need of efi in com.apple.boot (is not a fully 4 output stereo but has frontal mic working!!)

snow leopard cmos hack

usb ehci hack

usb uhci hack (both now have power and sleep capabilities and notify after the STOP)

LID (no need of clemshell.. the lid close activate sleep, regular!)

added PNLF and brightness fix

added PWRB method

added displaydim Battery

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=174841

TO DO LIST:

-i left the dsl file.. so if anyone could try to fix the CAPS lock blue led that after the resume sleep is always on (the keyb is not caps lock.. only the led! so pressing 2 times the caps lock you get the normal)

-the FAN method.. I see that after a couple of hours the lappie is very hot.. then in dsdt (ubuntu or mac) I don't see the FAN method.. I tried to put it but a lot of variables and names are not declared before and IASL tell that those names are unknown..

I left that code with // so search for 'FAN' to see the code

-the SATA method.. or AHCI. Yes a lot of dsdt have the sata method.. and here not. so is important to have one or not?

VERY HARD TODO LIST:

-inject extra acer buttons.. like aceracpi driver linux

-activate bluetooth at boot like ubuntu 9.0.4 by rfkill linux kernel module

bye