P5Q PRO Turbo - modded bios?

74 posts in this topic

There were many modded bioses posted by juzzi in this thread last November: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=136586

I sent him an email asking if he could do one for the P5Q PRO Turbo. If he's not able, how hard would it be to mod the bios? I have the code that needs to be changed, seems pretty straightforward.

Has anyone else gotten OSX to work on a P5Q PRO Turbo somehow? I should've investigated this before buying the board - every other P5Q has a bios mod but this one!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Only problem is you can't get both cores working without a modded bios. I'm trying to modify one myself but am having some problems :\

Anyone else have success with this board?

I have a lot of problem with this board. I've tried a several different versions of OSx86 but haven't got none to work. All though, I'm new to this scene, maybe I'm doing something wrong?

What versions do work fine on this board? :)

This board has a little different 1B module.

I have modified it but cannot test it since i don't have the board.

SOmebody please try and give feedback.

Hope this helps you all.

I have attached the file.

I tried it, but it said it had the wrong ID-key for this motherboard.

Could be since I've got a P5Q Turbo (not pro).

So if someone know a modded bios made for the regular P5Q, I'd be thankful a thousand times!!!

I tried it, but it said it had the wrong ID-key for this motherboard.

Could be since I've got a P5Q Turbo (not pro).

So if someone know a modded bios made for the regular P5Q, I'd be thankful a thousand times!!!

Here i mooded this.

Included are DSDT fix and slic 2.1 table.

File attached.

Please give feedback

p5qshaumux_turbo_0401_slic_dsdt.zip

Here i mooded this.

Included are DSDT fix and slic 2.1 table.

File attached.

Please give feedback

p5qshaumux_turbo_0401_slic_dsdt.zip

Thanks a lot! It works like a charm :(

Got all the way to the apple-logo this time! Alltough, I couldn't reach in to the installer for some reason.

I should look up some boot commands i guess.

Thanks again!

Thanks a lot! It works like a charm :(

Got all the way to the apple-logo this time! Alltough, I couldn't reach in to the installer for some reason.

Thanks again!

Try the -v command

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks a lot! It works like a charm :)

Thanks again!

Did you mod the BIOS for the P5Q Pro Turbo? If so can you please post it!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I came into possession of this motherboard (P5Q Pro Turbo), but I don't understand if the modified bios of this thread works well or not.

On this mainboard I mount an Intel Core2Duo E6600 and wanted to know, with this bios I can do it perfectly recognized by Leopard?

The LAN and audio working properly?

Has anyone tried to install and use SnowLeopard?

Thanks

Hello, I came into possession of this motherboard (P5Q Pro Turbo), but I don't understand if the modified bios of this thread works well or not.

On this mainboard I mount an Intel Core2Duo E6600 and wanted to know, with this bios I can do it perfectly recognized by Leopard?

The LAN and audio working properly?

Has anyone tried to install and use SnowLeopard?

Thanks

The modified bios changes the dsdt a little without which OSX will not boot on these boards.

For lan and audio you will need to install proper kexts.

• 4 weeks later...
Dear Shaumux! I have this motherboard. In september 2009 we get a new version bios on P5Q Pro Turbo, version 0602. May be you modded it for Mac Os? Many many thankssssss! Sorry, i have a bad English.....

http://rapidshare.de/files/48536043/P5Q-PR...O-0602.rar.html

Here you go.

Includes SLIC 2.1

Mac Fix and SLI certificate to enable sli(you would still need modified driver or hal.dll in windows)

P5Q_PRO_TURBO_0602_SLIC_MAC_SLI_shaumux.zip

Here you go.

Includes SLIC 2.1

Mac Fix and SLI certificate to enable sli(you would still need modified driver or hal.dll in windows)

It works perfectly ! Im successfully installed 10.6 Snow Leopard (by Den, not retail), audio starts working with VoodooHDA, motherboard with kext (google it) but i cant run videocard, after installing NVInject 1gb i cant login. When im typeing my password at login and press "Log in" it back again and again. Im already tryed to reset password from install disc - no results.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hi!

Shaumux, all works fine on retail Snow & retail Leo & Win 7 multiboot. Thanks!!!

Hello, Could you please teach me how you work out to install 10.6 on you system? I have P5Q pro turbo just like you do, i try to boot using Chameleon RC3 658 but it didn't went through to the install page. Could you tell me your instructions?

Hello, Could you please teach me how you work out to install 10.6 on you system? I have P5Q pro turbo just like you do, i try to boot using Chameleon RC3 658 but it didn't went through to the install page. Could you tell me your instructions?

I have a P5Q deluxe board.

I have written instructions about how to install on it but i guess they should mostly be valid for you too.

Here they are

I have a P5Q deluxe board.

I have written instructions about how to install on it but i guess they should mostly be valid for you too.

Here they are

How do u set up the bios?

What i did to install Chameleon is using a pkg file. did you do it manually? as long as i see the Chameleon logo, it gave me kernel panic screen ><

I didn't change smbios.plist and PlatformUUID.kext. Will it be the reason ?

Can i use smbios.plist and PlatformUUID.kext attached from you P5QD post?

How do u set up the bios?

What i did to install Chameleon is using a pkg file. did you do it manually? as long as i see the Chameleon logo, it gave me kernel panic screen ><

I didn't change smbios.plist and PlatformUUID.kext. Will it be the reason ?

Can i use smbios.plist and PlatformUUID.kext attached from you P5QD post?

It may work with those.

You can try.

Also try booting with -v or -v -f

You'll be able to see what's the problem.