10.5.7 finally

enb14

39 posts in this topic

Core i7!

Nvidia 200-series! (whenever Nvidia releases those GTX285 drivers)

ATI 4000-series!

ICH10!

Whoohoo! :)

Dang, 8 hours to download the Software Update, they must be getting slammed ;)

Uh-oh:

picture1bwi.png

Hopefully that's just because they're getting slammed and the network is slow...(gave me a couple network errors before)

Lookin good...

picture1hnw.png

-Chameleon 2.0 RC1 on a USB stick w/ Decrypt, Disabler, OpenHaltRestart

-Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P motherboard (Q6600 + 8GB RAM, 8800GTX with EFI Strings in the Boot Plist)

-Fresh install of Leopard (10.5.6) from ISO to my spare SATA drive, with the 10.5.7 Combo Update (729mb) applied

Darwin 9.7.0 kernel:

picture2bgi.png

Native ICH10 AHCI support:

picture3wsl.png

Although my boot drive is still orange (without AHCIBlockStorage loaded).

Boy I hope the GTX260 will be supported when Nvidia releases their drivers, that will be a hot card to get for the Hack...

Yeah, I hope nvidia posts drivers for this card and not apple as they do for Linux, Windows and Solaris.

Lookin good...

picture1hnw.png

-Chameleon 2.0 RC1 on a USB stick w/ Decrypt, Disabler, OpenHaltRestart

-Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P motherboard (Q6600 + 8GB RAM, 8800GTX with EFI Strings in the Boot Plist)

-Fresh install of Leopard (10.5.6) from ISO to my spare SATA drive, with the 10.5.7 Combo Update (729mb) applied

Darwin 9.7.0 kernel:

picture2bgi.png

Native ICH10 AHCI support:

picture3wsl.png

Although my boot drive is still orange (without AHCIBlockStorage loaded).

You're only running with Decrypt, Disabler, OpenHaltRestart? How about Audio? I'm seeing a lot of FireWire GUID errors in my system log.

Dashboard quit unexpectedly after 10.5.7 update.

My config:

EP35-DS3L Rev 1.0 Bios F5

Intel Quad Q6600 2.4GHz

GeForce 8500GT 512MB (EFI String only - QE/CI)

Ok, this is the error message: http://twitpic.com/527hq and http://twitpic.com/5277s

The problem apper if dashboard is not open! I had a similar problem in past, only OS X reinstall solved the problem -_-

Any idea how to solve this issue ?

If anyone is using OS X with TV or HDMI connection, there is a bug in the update (including Apple computers) that doesn't allow the native resolution of the display.

I'm running DVI -> HDMI in on my Dell 2408 and I do notice that in the Graphics/Display Properties there is a new entry that says Television. This does not exist on my 10.5.6 HTPC so there may be some truth to this. However, I have full 1920x1200 resolution on my monitor.

EDIT

I do see the bug now - it's actually running at 1920x1080 on my monitor where it should be running 1920x1200 - also I have the overscan option which I've never had before. BTW, this is the Hack 2 in my signature. I fixed my Firewire issues by updating the UD3R BIOS to F9

What about iDeneb 1.4 (10.5.6)? Does anyone know if it is safe to update or not?

Most likely not, for you that is. Unless of course you have all of your kexts backed up... then perhaps you could try the update and repatch your installation afterwards.

If you've no idea what I'm talking about, don't update...

If anyone is using OS X with TV or HDMI connection, there is a bug in the update (including Apple computers) that doesn't allow the native resolution of the display.

I also have a HDMI monitor and I'm also getting a resolution of 1920x1080 (TV Mode)in which before the update I was fine at 1920x1200. In short, I found a temporary solution using switchresx application which worked for me.

Eff Windows.  I keep discovering new ways to navigate backwards without wanting to.  And each time whatever I type is lost.

Eff this.

Third time's a charm.  Paraphrased paraphrasement:

Didn't work.  Voodoo 1.0 kernel.  Better with Beta2c.  Will try changing Mac Pro identifier later.