Working ALC272 HD Audio Kext!

lkelly2006

34 posts in this topic

Hi IKelly2006,

I downloaded the kext you found, and installed it with kext helper on my aspire D150.

After rebooting my netbook, the drivers are loaded, but no sound appear. i checked the log,

no errors regarding sound, in the Sound PrefPane, the audio card can be selected as input and

output device, the icon is in the menu bar. Everything seems ok.

Is there somewhere a configuration that needs to be done? Where can I get in touch with Mysticus?

I'm running XxX 1.5.6 Final V2.

Brambo

Hello All,

Attached is a working kext for ALC272 HD Audio. This was created by Mysticus, please enjoy!

AppleHDA_ALC_272.zip

Hi IKelly2006,

I downloaded the kext you found, and installed it with kext helper on my aspire D150.

After rebooting my netbook, the drivers are loaded, but no sound appear. i checked the log,

no errors regarding sound, in the Sound PrefPane, the audio card can be selected as input and

output device, the icon is in the menu bar. Everything seems ok.

Is there somewhere a configuration that needs to be done? Where can I get in touch with Mysticus?

I'm running XxX 1.5.6 Final V2.

Brambo

Hello Brambo,

Your headphones will default as your sound device, under the options make sure that your Output is your default device and that should solve the issue.

Let me know if you experience any further issues.

Hi,

I verified the settings of in the Sound prefpane, and it is OK, but I have still no sound :hysterical:

In my System logs, the only references to the HDA are:

Apr 11 18:53:35 brams-aspire-one-2matcacpi kernel[0]: HDAEnabler: Copyright © 2008 by Kabyl

Apr 11 18:53:35 brams-aspire-one-2matcacpi kernel[0]: HDAEnabler: 05/05/2008 Added SPAudio support:Taruga

Via System profiler:

Intel High Definition Audio:

Device ID: 0x1025019C

Audio ID: 12

Available Devices:

Speaker:

Connection: Internal

Microphone:

Connection: 1/8 inch Jack

And the loaded kext's:

AppleHDA:

Version: 1.3.3

Last Modified: 12/12/08 18:38

Get Info String: 1.3.3a1, Copyright Apple Inc. 2005-2007

kext Version: 1.3.3a1

Load Address: 0x218c5000

Valid: Yes

Authentic: Yes

Dependencies: Satisfied

Integrity: Kext has no receipt

AppleHDAController:

Version: 1.3.3

Last Modified: 12/12/08 18:38

Get Info String: 1.3.3a1, Copyright Apple Inc. 2005-2007

Location: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAController.kext

kext Version: 1.3.3a1

Load Address: 0x20f91000

Valid: Yes

Authentic: Yes

Dependencies: Satisfied

Integrity: Kext has no receipt

Is there a place where I can find more debug information? ;)

Kind regards,

Brambo

UPDATE: For what it is worth, when I start up, I hear in de headphones some plops,

Hello Brambo,

Your headphones will default as your sound device, under the options make sure that your Output is your default device and that should solve the issue.

Let me know if you experience any further issues.

Hello All,

Attached is a working kext for ALC272 HD Audio. This was created by Mysticus, please enjoy!

AppleHDA_ALC_272.zip

It looks like Brambo tried this with no luck. I don't have a d150 myself, but I would be glad to pass a little bit more information onto the acer aspire one user forum, where people seem to be waiting for such a working kext. Would you mind telling us on which platform and version of OSX does it work? Would it be too much asking for an installation procedure?

Hello All,

AppleHDA_ALC_272.zip

OK,

I did some new test. My bro has also the aspire one D150, so I installed from scratch on his machine,

but with the same results. No errors, no sound, the only sound you hear are some plops during startup;

Since it seems to work on the Toshiba, perhaps other components are impacting the behavior.

Can it be related to the chipsets? The aspire has:

00:1b.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High Definition Audio Controller [8086:27d8] (rev 02)

I did not load any special kext yet since they always mention stuff for the ICH8-10.

Anyone more info on this?

Brambo

OK,

I did some new test. My bro has also the aspire one D150, so I installed from scratch on his machine,

but with the same results. No errors, no sound, the only sound you hear are some plops during startup;

Since it seems to work on the Toshiba, perhaps other components are impacting the behavior.

Can it be related to the chipsets? The aspire has:

00:1b.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High Definition Audio Controller [8086:27d8] (rev 02)

I did not load any special kext yet since they always mention stuff for the ICH8-10.

Anyone more info on this?

Brambo

Hey Brambo,

Question: Will we need a matching ALCInject.kext along with the AppleHDA.kext? I've seen them doing something similar with the A150 model?

Thanks!

Hey Brambo,

Question: Will we need a matching ALCInject.kext along with the AppleHDA.kext? I've seen them doing something similar with the A150 model?

Thanks!

That could be it. I'm running mine on a Qosmio x305-701 and everything is working fine. You may have to do some minor modifications for your specific chipset.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hello! I created kext for Acer Aspire One D150 (ALC272). Full working! With autodetect :-)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/tmdjyrzymzl/...72_AAO_D150.zip

added: removed knock-knock in speaker, HDAEnabler inside AppleHDA.kext

Thanks! It works great for me. ;)

I just had to remove VoodooHDA.kext and HDAEnabler.kext from /System/Library/Extensions and then I have used Kext Helper to install your AppleHDA.kext.

I now have sound output and internal mic input working on my Acer Aspire One D150. Wonderful!!! Thank you! :(

• 2 weeks later...
thank you so much!!

but when I download the file, use winrar to open it , I find that this file is not a kext, emm, help me ,or could you please send this kext to my email,

waneto@sina.com

I appreiate your job!!

Please use Mac OS X Leopard to unzip the file. Just double click on it in the Finder.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Found a very simple solution to get ALC272 working on SL 10.6.1. VoodooHDA.kext 64bit works like a charm. Kudos to the makers.

Dowload attached kext. Backup your original AppleHDA.kext and then delete the one in your Extensions folder. Use Kexthelper or your own method to install VoodooHDA.kext to your /System/Library/Extensions. Repair permissions and reboot.

You should now have fully funtional sound and sound ports!

Unfortunately, the kext above does not work on Snow Leopard. Anyone have any luck?

VoodooHDA.kext.zip

Found a very simple solution to get ALC272 working on SL 10.6.1. VoodooHDA.kext 64bit works like a charm. Kudos to the makers.

Dowload attached kext. Backup your original AppleHDA.kext and then delete the one in your Extensions folder. Use Kexthelper or your own method to install VoodooHDA.kext to your /System/Library/Extensions. Repair permissions and reboot.

You should now have fully funtional sound and sound ports!

I tried this one on my 10.6.1 Acer Aspire One, sound output ok, Mic is not working.

Cheers

Alex