Chameleon 2.0RC1 is out!

Konami®

104 posts in this topic

Right before 1st of April we’re gladly introducing the Release Candidate 1 version of Chameleon 2.0 for public download. Now supporting GUI booting, and all other features we mentioned in the previous articles. The source release will be shipped with the final version.

More info in the Chameleon site!!!! :)

Installed, working great! However, didn't appear to detect my Ubuntu 8.10 installation...

Loving the ability to use new Apple logo's for the boot graphic.

works perfectly on GUID partition, EP35-DSL3L, previously using munky's method and kext's from Delicious Soup thread (some updated).

Ubuntu 8.10 shows up (on a different drive), as well as Windows 7 (also on different drive). Also my backup drive shows up, maybe they could only add drives that are bootable?

And for when people come looking, this is how I installed it:

1. download file
  2. unzip file
  3. open up terminal
  4. cd /
  5. mkdir /Volumes/EFI; mount_hfs /dev/disk<drive>s1 /Volumes/EFI; cd /Volumes/EFI
  6. mkdir Extra; cp -R /Volumes/EFI/Extensions /Volumes/EFI/Extra
  7. if you have a modified com.apple.Boot.plist, cp it to /Volumes/EFI
  8. cd into Chameleon download directory (cd ~/Desktop/Chameleon-2.0RC1-r408-bin)
  9. cp -R smbios.plist Themes /Volumes/EFI/Extra
  10. sudo fdisk -f boot0 -u -y /dev/rdisk<drive>
  11. sudo dd if=boot1h of=/dev/rdisk<drive>s2
  12. sudo cp boot /Volumes/EFI
  13. umount /Volumes/EFI
  14. reboot

Where <drive> is a number 1+, you can find in disk utility by right clicking on a parition and clicking information.

can anyone confirm for me whether this works with the windows 7 beta?? or does it corrupt the install? Id love to get off of vista and onto 7 and this would be insanely good if i could!! thanks alot guys,

flash

EDIT: I see that guy above said it detected win7, was that on a seperate drive or same hdd?

@elitee:

Thanks dude, no problem. Does anyone know how i might go about this with one hard disk?

-flash

I assume you're not booting off of the EFI partition (if you're using GUID), so you'd pretty much follow the readme and activate the OSX partition, and hope it works.

I was using the efi partition not long ago and then had to change because of the inabilty to boot windows off of rdisk0s1 before now. I need windows for some things and im sick of my p4 laptop. Win 7 id like to go with but ive had troubles with the boot sector going mental and saying that a neccessary device is missing or something because windows 7 boots differently than other windows (This happens after install chameleon). Abit off topic sorry, but if anyone has win7 on the same hdd and is using cham2rc1 id love to know how!

thanks again

-flash

Works on my Intel_D945GCLF2,

Just have to add AppleSMBIOS patch from AvN, otherwise seen as 3GHz unknown CPU

Boots Leopard, WinBlows XP, WinBlows Vista!!

Changed the boot.png to fit Widescreens and VIOLA!!

"Best Software 2009" Candidate??

SticMAC

suggestion for developers - do not enable vga text mode after osx partition was choosed to boot and before kernel runs.(in verbose boot mode)

in other words, can verbose bootloader outputs it's verbose messages to vesa console ?

it would be nice to see output in some subwindow :thumbsup_anim:

instructions is in readme, in archieve, u need to install boot1h and boot/

================================

btw, you dont need to install smbios.plist if you are ok with what booter set by default, u may need to correct memspeed and serialnumber with smbios.plist, that's all, rest of aluse in default smbios.plist might mess up system profiler a bit