I really need some help with GeForce 6800 card

Spunky17

6 posts in this topic

Okay, I installed iPC 10.5.6 Universal Final on my system outlined in my sig.

For the life of me I can not get beyond 1024x768 graphics using the Natit package.

I have tried NVDarwin, NVInject, NVKush (all of which worked just great with the same hardware on 10.5.5).

All I can get to is "starting /usr/sbin/ocspd" and then it hangs.

I have tried using EFIStudio to add my card info to the com.apple.Boot.plist and nothing, same place it just hangs.

I have tried adding my card's ID (0x00c110de) to the NV kexts.

It's seeing the card when I do a "boot -v", but then just locks up hard when it tries to start eh graphical desktop.

Does anyone out there have any clue or have any ideas for me to try?

Please, someone out here has to have an idea on what I'm missing.

Thanks in advance.

After many, many, many reinstalls I can finally report success.

Many thanks for this go to the member ~pcwiz for actually taking the time to help me out and answer my questions.

Here is the solution that I used to get my card working with 10.5.6.

Did a base reinstall without selecting any video drivers. The only things I had to select where the "ICH10" and the "VIA/MARVELL/....." from chipset, the "PS/2 Keyboard" fix.

After install I booted into default resolution, 1024x768.

Installed Universal OSx86 Installer from the IPC DVD (could have selected at install but I didn't).

Added the EFI string for my video card to my com.apple.Boot.plist.

Opened a Terminal window and did a "cd /System/Library/Extensions".

Did a "ls -ld NV*" to make sure all the NV kexts where there.

Did a "cd NVDANV40Hal.kext", then a "cd Contents".

Did a "vi Info.plist" and added my cards ID (0x00c310de) to the string list.

Follow the guide here for info on editing a kext to add your device.

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.ph...t_Patching_List

Did a restart, hit F8, entered -v -f and let it boot up.

Hi, found this post hoping it was the solution to my issue too. I've had the exact same problem you had. I've followed your instructions and my install just fails to boot now, sticks at the grey apple screen then I get a message to restart the pc.

I really don't know what to do, could you expand further on the advice you were given. Any help would be much appreciated. I think this is the solution I'm just missing a step somewhere.

I used EFIstudio, selected my card as the GeForce 6800 generated the hex and added it to the com.apple.Boot.plist (all within EFIstudio).

I then went on to add my device ID to the NVDANV40Hal.kext and the reboot gives the issue I detailed above.

Do I need to edit other kexts too??

I'm soo close now and am quite litterally pulling my hair out, so many re-installs and option configurations, it's a nightmare!

Thanks.

I have an old Dell 9300 with a Geforce GO 6800 256mb card.

iPC 10.5.6 gets me 99% there... I have everything working except this damn video card. No wireless yet (I have an Atheros SuperG card that I replaced the Intel wireless), but not much of a big deal yet.

Any suggestions on getting this video card working greatly appreciated.

Added the EFI string for my video card to my com.apple.Boot.plist.

This I don't understand. I was going to try the new EFI Studio for this, but it says it's for desktop cards only, I have a laptop.

What I need is an example of what and how to put in this com.apple.boot.plist

Thanks!

• 1 year later...

When I load my computer to the OSX86, my graphics card is listed as ATI Raedon 4890 and everything is really slow, like Google Earth is impossible to use and I cannot load my Yahoo! mail because I cannot get it to work on the dock's Mail. My graphics card is nVidia GeForce 6800 GTX and I cannot find a kext anywhere, thanks. I am using Snow Leopard 10.6.4 on this Intel/AMD SP2 SP3 OSX86 hackintosh OS.