Peace for all people of the world

39 posts in this topic

History has shown that wars do not solve any problem.

After several experiences I came to the conclusion that peace is precious!

Give your opinion and your experiences.

Giorgio

History has also shown that there will never be peace. History has also shown that establishment figures like to blow up stuff and blame it on their enemies for financial, and political gain.

The only way you can get world peace is to kill everyone on earth. But I'm sure you are for that as long as you can get your agenda through right?

History has shown that wars do not solve any problem.

Well, I suspect a lot of people down the centuries would disagree with this. The romans certainly thought wiping out Carthage solved their problem with them. The founding fathers of the USA certainly thought the American Revolution solved their problems with independence from England. China has had a lot of wars over the centuries trying to either hold things together or split them apart and they certainly settled various issues over the centuries.

While War is obviously a less than ideal solution, saying it doesn't solve ANY problems is just showing ignorance of history. Sometimes, killing people is the only way of changing their behavior.

After several experiences I came to the conclusion that peace is precious!

I like candy.

History has also shown that there will never be peace. History has also shown that establishment figures like to blow up stuff and blame it on their enemies for financial, and political gain.

The only way you can get world peace is to kill everyone on earth. But I'm sure you are for that as long as you can get your agenda through right?

Right

Well, I suspect a lot of people down the centuries would disagree with this. The romans certainly thought wiping out Carthage solved their problem with them. The founding fathers of the USA certainly thought the American Revolution solved their problems with independence from England. China has had a lot of wars over the centuries trying to either hold things together or split them apart and they certainly settled various issues over the centuries.

While War is obviously a less than ideal solution, saying it doesn't solve ANY problems is just showing ignorance of history. Sometimes, killing people is the only way changing their behavior.

I like candy.

Yes, the U.S. and China have resolved their problems, but not the Chinese and Americans. The people die, suffer and suffer hunger.

I have a ignorance of the story, but you have a strange concept of "solve the problems".

Have you ever been at war?

Yes, the U.S. and China have resolved their problems, but not the Chinese and Americans. The people die, suffer and suffer hunger.

You do not understand what I was saying. I was not talking about any conflicts between US and China. Those sentences were unrelated. I am not claiming that war is a solution for everything.

Nothing is ever going to resolve all human problems. As we fix old problems, we create new ones. Not everyone is reasonable or willing to tolerate differences.

How would you suggest we have "reasoned" with the people who blow themselves up to kill civilians and US troops in Iraq? How do you "discuss" things with the people who flew airplanes into the World Trade Center buildings on 9/11?

I have a ignorance of the story, but you have a strange concept of "solve the problems"

I didn't say I thought they were good solutions. But violence can be the ultimate method of resolving disputes or of punishment. Dead people can't keep causing problems or repeating crimes. That may not be a nice way of resolving things, but saying it accomplishes nothing is untrue.

According to me we'll never reach the real Peace and we'll never

live in a beautiful world where we could have easy life.

It's not gone d'agreement not even in the small communities like

families and small countries, how is it possible to be in peace with

big states that have different religions and politics?

I hope that 2009 will be an year full of love and peace,

happy new year to you!

All of this reminds me of a quote

"There is no good in war, only in why you fight wars"

Having no wars would be best, but it is virtually impossible. Like mp23228 said, as long as two people live there will be disagreements.

War is normally used only as a last resort, the taking of human life should not be based on a rash decision.

That's my two cents

-MGJulius

All of this reminds me of a quote

"There is no good in war, only in why you fight wars"

Having no wars would be best, but it is virtually impossible. Like mp23228 said, as long as two people live there will be disagreements.

War is normally used only as a last resort, the taking of human life should not be based on a rash decision.

That's my two cents

-MGJulius

The problem is that the war SHOULD be used as a last resort, (I know that "no wars in the world" is utopia, I'm pacifist, not stupid), but often this does not correspond to reality and wars hiding simple economic interests.

Giorgio

• 2 weeks later...
You do not understand what I was saying. I was not talking about any conflicts between US and China. Those sentences were unrelated. I am not claiming that war is a solution for everything.

Nothing is ever going to resolve all human problems. As we fix old problems, we create new ones. Not everyone is reasonable or willing to tolerate differences.

How would you suggest we have "reasoned" with the people who blow themselves up to kill civilians and US troops in Iraq? How do you "discuss" things with the people who flew airplanes into the World Trade Center buildings on 9/11?

I didn't say I thought they were good solutions. But violence can be the ultimate method of resolving disputes or of punishment. Dead people can't keep causing problems or repeating crimes. That may not be a nice way of resolving things, but saying it accomplishes nothing is untrue.

How would you suggest people would reason with a military power which have exploited their country, has supported regional wars, overthrown legitimate governments, assasinated democratically elected leaders etc. ? USA is a corrupt country, it has done terrible things that led to deaths of millions of civilians all over the world for economic profits. Such is that I don't really think 9/11 is regarded as a tragedy by the majority of the world's population. If anything, most people would argue it was long overdue. To sum it up, I agree with your last sentence, only looking at the situation from my own perspective which defines the problem as USA not it's enemies.

How would you suggest people would reason with a military power which have exploited their country, has supported regional wars, overthrown legitimate governments, assasinated democratically elected leaders etc. ? USA is a corrupt country, it has done terrible things that led to deaths of millions of civilians all over the world for economic profits. Such is that I don't really think 9/11 is regarded as a tragedy by the majority of the world's population. If anything, most people would argue it was long overdue. To sum it up, I agree with your last sentence, only looking at the situation from my own perspective which defines the problem as USA not it's enemies.

Actually, even Iran was expressing condolences after 9/11. Of course George W Bush, being the moron he is, has managed to {censored} off and alienate pretty much the entire world. If you want to place the blame for most of the actions of the US over the past 8 years on someone, place it on Bush and his Cabal. I never supported him, wasn't in favor of invading Iraq, think it was a mistake and would happily let the Muslim world wallow in it's self inflicted misery if only they'd stop attacking us. Many americans feel the same. There are people who think GWB is the greatest president ever in the US, but there are morons everywhere and the US is not unique in this regards.

Does the US have plenty of blood on it's hands. Yes of course it does. Nobody gets to the position that the US occupies by being a "nice guy".

But the fact does remain that by historical standards, the US is pretty benign for an empire. Just read some history about how they have traditionally behaved. I'm going to take a guess based on one of your posts that you are from Turkey or of Turkish descent. Do you have any idea of what the Turks have done over the centuries or the Ottoman empire for that matter?

Try asking people who lived in countries that were part of the USSR or the Warsaw Pact, what they think about Russia and the Russians. Now try asking the people of Western Europe or Asia what they think of the US and compare your answers.

The only part of the world that really has cause to hate us is Central/South America and even they don't hate us too much, most of the time.

As far as the middle east goes. Well quite frankly, most of their problems are of their own making. Those governments and societies are corrupt, dishonest, and inefficient. It has been so for centuries and doesn't look like it's going to be changing anytime soon. They look towards a glorious past, instead of the future. They stopped producing new knowledge and ideas centuries ago. The US hasn't exactly helped much, but we didn't draw the borders for these countries and given their history of those countries, I seriously doubt things would be much different there even if the US had never meddled.

You can drag in Israel if you wish, but considering they have built a functioning prosperous democracy there in just 60 years, it doesn't say much for the Middle east that they have pretty much only manged to increase their misery despite an enormous wealth from oil.

If we were a traditional empire, we'd have conquered the world by now. Nobody was even vaguely in a position to stop us after WWII. Instead, we handed back to the peoples of those countries what we'd conquered. We rebuilt our enemies and helped them to be come stable democracies.

If we were the monsters many people like to portray us as, after 9/11 Mecca and the other islamic holy sites would be flat glassy wastelands and we'd have depopulated Iraq and Pakistan. We have the power to completely level and destroy the places that have attacked us, but we have been by historical standards incredibly gentle. How do you think the Romans would have behaved? Or the Mongols or the Turks or Inca or the Chinese? There's a reason why the Japanese are still widely hated in Asia, after their bout of empire building.

Look the US basically wants three things out of the world.

1) Don't attack us or threaten our fundamental interests.

2) Let us sell you stuff

3) At least pretend to be a democracy.

Your economic argument though is just showing ignorance.There might be some companies in the US that have profited from the war in Iraq, but all the US as a whole has done, is run up an enormous expense. It's not something we've gained anything from. US power has been used to support US companies in the past, but that has mostly been in Central and South America and even that has diminished drastically in the past 40 yrs. If we actually did this everywhere, why did we tolerate OPEC and the huge price increases in oil, so many times over the past 30 years.

You don't have to like the US, but before you start throwing stones at us. You might want to consider carefully, those who might replace us and what they would be like.

As the saying goes "Be careful what you ask for. You might get it."

Right

You are the sickest person I have ever met. Perhaps you should kill yourself, and spare the taxpayers the 20 cents for the bullet, or just join one of those death cults like the rest of minute minority types such as yourself.

Have you ever been at war?

Yes, and I have seen children die 10 feet from me because the goober-ist government thought it was great to help another country by murding another, all while lining the pockets of the UN, and sickos like you fall down and worship them for it.

You are the sickest person I have ever met. Perhaps you should kill yourself, and spare the taxpayers the 20 cents for the bullet, or just join one of those death cults like the rest of minute minority types such as yourself.

Given your entirely misdirected and irrational anger, you really need to talk to a psychiatrist. The guy is not a native english language speaker and probably couldn't parse your irrationally angry post. Besides his "have you ever been at war comment was directed at me, not you.

Yes, and I have seen children die 10 feet from me because the goober-ist government thought it was great to help another country by murding another, all while lining the pockets of the UN, and sickos like you fall down and worship them for it.

The guy is expressing naive sentiments, but that's hardly a reason to abuse him. If you have been through this sort of thing, then it's even more important that you talk to a psychiatrist. PTSD is a real problem for vets and there's no reason you have to suffer from it. There isn't a simple or quick cure for it, but there are a lot of things they can do to help you with it.

The guy is not a native english language speaker and probably couldn't parse your irrationally angry post. Besides his "have you ever been at war comment was directed at me, not you.

The guy is expressing naive sentiments, but that's hardly a reason to abuse him.

Yes

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me clarify that I am aware that peace throughout the world is only a dream. I opened the topic as a provocation to know your opinion.

Giorgio

Given your entirely misdirected and irrational anger, you really need to talk to a psychiatrist. The guy is not a native english language speaker and probably couldn't parse your irrationally angry post. Besides his "have you ever been at war comment was directed at me, not you.

Tough {censored}, its an ENGLISH board. Learn the language, or go to another one.

I answered it anyway.

The guy is expressing naive sentiments, but that's hardly a reason to abuse him. If you have been through this sort of thing, then it's even more important that you talk to a psychiatrist. PTSD is a real problem for vets and there's no reason you have to suffer from it. There isn't a simple or quick cure for it, but there are a lot of things they can do to help you with it.

Drugs can be a real problem for people that use them to live in a dream world. Perhaps you should consult a doctor to kick your addiction.

Drugs can be a real problem for people that use them to live in a dream world. Perhaps you should consult a doctor to kick your addiction.

@ mp3228 You are lucky! I'm a real doctor (military surgeon) and you need help (you have a problem with the real world).

If you are interested I have very good friends psychiatrists in Europe and the U.S.

Giorgio-multi

Actually, even Iran was expressing condolences after 9/11. Of course George W Bush, being the moron he is, has managed to {censored} off and alienate pretty much the entire world. If you want to place the blame for most of the actions of the US over the past 8 years on someone, place it on Bush and his Cabal. I never supported him, wasn't in favor of invading Iraq, think it was a mistake and would happily let the Muslim world wallow in it's self inflicted misery if only they'd stop attacking us. Many americans feel the same. There are people who think GWB is the greatest president ever in the US, but there are morons everywhere and the US is not unique in this regards.

Does the US have plenty of blood on it's hands. Yes of course it does. Nobody gets to the position that the US occupies by being a "nice guy".

But the fact does remain that by historical standards, the US is pretty benign for an empire. Just read some history about how they have traditionally behaved. I'm going to take a guess based on one of your posts that you are from Turkey or of Turkish descent. Do you have any idea of what the Turks have done over the centuries or the Ottoman empire for that matter?

Try asking people who lived in countries that were part of the USSR or the Warsaw Pact, what they think about Russia and the Russians. Now try asking the people of Western Europe or Asia what they think of the US and compare your answers.

The only part of the world that really has cause to hate us is Central/South America and even they don't hate us too much, most of the time.

As far as the middle east goes. Well quite frankly, most of their problems are of their own making. Those governments and societies are corrupt, dishonest, and inefficient. It has been so for centuries and doesn't look like it's going to be changing anytime soon. They look towards a glorious past, instead of the future. They stopped producing new knowledge and ideas centuries ago. The US hasn't exactly helped much, but we didn't draw the borders for these countries and given their history of those countries, I seriously doubt things would be much different there even if the US had never meddled.

You can drag in Israel if you wish, but considering they have built a functioning prosperous democracy there in just 60 years, it doesn't say much for the Middle east that they have pretty much only manged to increase their misery despite an enormous wealth from oil.

If we were a traditional empire, we'd have conquered the world by now. Nobody was even vaguely in a position to stop us after WWII. Instead, we handed back to the peoples of those countries what we'd conquered. We rebuilt our enemies and helped them to be come stable democracies.

If we were the monsters many people like to portray us as, after 9/11 Mecca and the other islamic holy sites would be flat glassy wastelands and we'd have depopulated Iraq and Pakistan. We have the power to completely level and destroy the places that have attacked us, but we have been by historical standards incredibly gentle. How do you think the Romans would have behaved? Or the Mongols or the Turks or Inca or the Chinese? There's a reason why the Japanese are still widely hated in Asia, after their bout of empire building.

2) Let us sell you stuff

Your economic argument though is just showing ignorance.There might be some companies in the US that have profited from the war in Iraq, but all the US as a whole has done, is run up an enormous expense. It's not something we've gained anything from. US power has been used to support US companies in the past, but that has mostly been in Central and South America and even that has diminished drastically in the past 40 yrs. If we actually did this everywhere, why did we tolerate OPEC and the huge price increases in oil, so many times over the past 30 years.

You don't have to like the US, but before you start throwing stones at us. You might want to consider carefully, those who might replace us and what they would be like.

You, sir, are absolutely right *salutes*

Maybe Iran was, but the people of Iran weren't. Neither were the people of Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Egypt etc. I was chatting up a German friend after the incident and neither him nor I was particularly disgusted or appalled with the attacks. That is not to say people enjoy other people getting killed. To sum it up, where democratic governments don't exist, you better not take the governments "formal" condolences from them as a sincere and genuine reflection of the view of their people.

You seem to have the situation completely backwards which isn't surprising considering how the general population of US is poorly educated where it really matters and have a tendency to accept every stupid frame of information they watch on TV. Get this for a fact, Muslim world has never attacked US in the way you Americans have been thought to believe. Muslims all over the world are not in any way against US for being US, there is not a religious war, there is not an ideological war, there is an opposition to US foreign policy regarding their own countries. Now, lets take a look at what US has forced on the Muslim and non-Muslim people of the middle east to cause this discontent. It has supported Israel and it's fascistic murderous ways for the past half century, elected not only governments but also kings (king of Jordan rings any bells ?). The last statement alone is enough to prove the hypocrisy the US has shown by saying they wanted to bring democracy to Iraq. To continue, it has forced the petrodollar on the oil producing countries, supported bloody coups, terrorist organizations etc. From where I stand, it seems like the Muslim people of the world would legitimately be defending themselves against the US if they were to decide to attack US. You and all your stupid orientalist views do not change this fact.

So your excuse is : "Others have done worse which justifies our horrible deeds". Well done.

How does it feel to live with a syndrome that causes you to be consistently wrong. The problems (corruption, inefficiency etc.) do have internal reasons as well as external reasons. Let me explain it simply by this Saudi Arabia example which can be applied to Muslim countries in general. I know Americans tend to look at all middle eastern people as camel jockeys but the people of Saudi Arabia are in general just as politically aware as the people of US, the intellectuals of Saudi Arabia are just as smart and well informed of the world affairs as their US counterparts. The prime difference which determines the way of life for these people is the government in power which is ultimately supported by.....guess what, the US of A. Lets see what happens when other political movements which aren't pro-capitalist, pro-american begin to gain the tiniest bit of support. They are oppressed, forced to become marginalized, put away to prison. They are forced to continue their struggle the only way they can, by taking up arms. The "west" calls them terrorists, they would have called them "freedom fighters" if they were pro-american militants in an anti-american country. The guns used to fight off any opposition is supplied by US, the army used to fight the opposition is trained by US, the propaganda methods used to defame and insult the opposition is provided by the US. So there is the truth for you, US does whatever it can (which is quite a bit considering the funds US spares for CIA and it's army, the two weapons in it's arsenal to achieve it's goals.) to make sure the government of any given country will behave in the best interest of the US where economic, political and foreign policies are concerned. It doesn't just wish it happen either, it uses all the methods it can actively. People of these countries, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar, Turkey, Jordan, Syria, Lebanon etc., muslim, jewish and christian alike want democracy but when they ask for it they face a fascistic government backed up by US. At the end of the day, there are people in these countries who benefit from the power they have by cooperating with the US, like the royal family of the kingdom of Saudi Arabia but the power that keeps them in charge is of external origin. I am not claiming that an external power can determine all of what goes on in a country but a powerful external influence might just be the weight needed to tip the scale one way and keep it there. People know this, thus the anti-american sentiment grows further among these nations. Some express it in forms of religious extremism which exaggerated by media purposefully might fool you into thinking that the resentment is of a religious source when it is not.

What are you, a juvenile. Your pathetic excuse of an army couldn't even handle the tiny north Vietnamese army. How about Iraq, your soldiers look like puppets swung into the air after IED explosions ? Isn't that embarrassing to watch when you claim to have the power to invade the world ? How about starting small like Luxembourg or San Marino and work your way up from there. US army is overrated and the past half century is full of examples to prove it. Invading a country meter by meter is not the same thing as destroying it's armies in a conventional war and you americans have learned that the hard way. Besides, your economy is overrated too, it has flunked how many times in the last century, like 6-7 times ? All of this goes to show that a world invasion is just a rednecks wetdream and nothing more.

Do I look like a {censored} imperialist to you ? Why do you try to justify the {censored} US pulls all around the world by giving examples of other imperialist nations ? I have stated what I think of US imperialist foreign policies and it won't change unless you come up with a better excuse.

2) Let us sell you stuff

WHO THE HELL HAS THREATENED YOUR INTERESTS AS LONG AS THEY ARE CONFINED TO YOUR OWN DAMN COUNTRY. IT IS YOUR FOREIGN POLICY SINCE THE WW2 THAT HAS GOTTEN YOU IN THIS HOLE THAT YOU DESPERATELY SEEK YOUR WAY OUT OF. A FxCKED UP ECONOMY, WORLD WIDE RESENTMENT, FASCISTIC LAWS THAT CLAIM TO PROTECT YOU FROM A NON-EXISTENT ENEMY... THE LIST GOES ON AND ON.

Why the hell should we let you sell us stuff when you have quotas on everything. We have the right to protect our economy the way you do as free people. It is up to us to decide our foreign economic policies you arrogant piece of work.

Pretend to be democracies ? Since when does US care about democracy ? Why is US best buddies with Saudi Arabia, cause they are democratic ? I guess this is why you supported fascist dictators in the South America cause you all love democracy so much ? Americans' view of democracy is so twisted yet they act like they have a damn patent on democracy. I think of America as an undemocratic country so your opinion on the issue is worthless to me.

You must be the slowest literate person in the world. I have never claimed that people of america have gained from war. On the contrary the fact that your government has been able to support a war that made a few people closely linked to them richer while making you poorer just goes to say a lot about what kind of a democracy you are living in. You as a citizen might be negatively effected by the high price of oil but the oil companies of your country that also spend a ton of money lobbying and supporting election campaigns aren't. You seem to have this silly notion that your "democratically" elected governments are working for your best interest at all times. Your elected leaders give more a damn about Chevron than they you because at the end of the day Chevron pays for their bills come election time, not you. I hope this hasn't been a harsh learning process for you.

Forgot to add this : Israel is not a democracy. People are put to prison for protesting the government or refusing to fight a war they do not believe in. Israel is a state which disrespects basic human rights by killing infants, destroying people's homes, imprisoning them in ghettos. You sir are living in a make-believe world which is about as close to the truth as one sees the world when tripping on acid.

Forgot to add this : Israel is not a democracy. People are put to prison for protesting the government or refusing to fight a war they do not believe in. Israel is a state which disrespects basic human rights by killing infants, destroying people's homes, imprisoning them in ghettos. You sir are living in a make-believe world which is about as close to the truth as one sees the world when tripping on acid.

Smart women said...

"We can forgive the Arabs for killing our children.

We cannot forgive them for forcing us to kill their children.

We will only have peace with the Arabs when they love their children more than they hate us"

Golda Meir

Now you can continue with your {censored}...

Smart women said...

We will only have peace with the Arabs when they love their children more than they hate us"

Golda Meir

She might be smart, but as most israelis are, she is probably also a racist, a religious zealot and a cold blooded murderer.

"Forcing us to kill their children"...

I guess the jews forced the nazis to make soap out of them as well. :P

if only they have done a better job at it

This topic is about the peace and not about the war and violence, but all spoke of war and violence and not of peace.

This shows that man is the most ferocious predator and evil on earth!

She might be smart, but as most israelis are, she is probably also a racist, a religious zealot and a cold blooded murderer.

"Forcing us to kill their children"...

I guess the jews forced the nazis to make soap out of them as well. :(

if only they have done a better job at it

As I said... you can continue with your {censored}...

As I said... you can continue with your {censored}...

...as opposed to presenting highly intellectual arguments backed up by solid facts like you do, right ? oh how the land of milk and honey continuously spawns parochial offspring.

Israelis killed their own children by bringing them into occupied land (which is the whole of Israel once know as Palestine), they knew the people of Palestine would fight back so they used their children as human shield.

Smart women said...

Golda Meir

This smart women is who is really an idot, do you israelis know that you lived peacefully with the arabs for many years on arab land? They let you live on their land and what do you to repay them?? You took their land then destroyed their houses then killed their families!!