544 posts in this topic

MAC OSX (IDeneb / iATKOS / iPC OS X) ON

ASUS P5Q / P5Q PRO /P5Q-EM AND OTHERS

Robert

Always Look for Updates

post-271572-1230923032_thumb.jpg

Snow Leopard 10.6.2 Guide :

Click Here

Download IDeneb 10.5.5 or IDeneb 10.5.6 (English and other languages are included) or you can also download iAtkos 10.5.5 .

post-271572-1228096416_thumb.jpg

If you want to buy it then

Click Here

My Mac Look Alike Cabinet

post-271572-1227403325_thumb.png

Flashing Bios

You can find P5Q series Modded Bios for Mac OS X Here or Here

2. Save the modified Bios file to the USB FlashDrive or Floppy disk.

3. After reboot press "DELETE" to enter setup

4. Go to section TOOLS > mark ASUS EZ Flash2 > press Enter > press OK

5. Press "TAB" > Select a key "Down arrow" or "Up arrow" saved on a floppy disk or flash-drive file 1611-P5Q-PRO_JC_All_OS_MAC_Incl..ROM

6. Press �ENTER�.

7. Select "OK" > press "ENTER"

8. System will erase the old BIOS and will write the new one

9. And in 5 seconds will automatically reboot

OR

1. Flash your Bios using the Bios Update Utility. You will find this utility on the Motherboard CD which came with the Motherboard. Install the utility.

post-271572-1227400904_thumb.jpg

Bios Settings

1. After BIOS upgrade Reboot > Enter in BIOS > press "Load Setup Default"

2. The mandatory moment only one - enable SATA in mode AHCI .......Not necessary if you are going to install iPC OS X 86 10.5.6

AHCI Mode

As you know Windows XP does not have a native support for AHCI and If you have installed Windows XP without AHCI enabled then don't worry, no need to reinstall Windows XP. I have a solution for you people.

Enable AHCI even if the Windows is installed without AHCI

1. First enable SATA in normal SATA mode not in AHCI mode.

2. Boot into Windows XP and then install the chipset driver from the motherboard cd and then restart the computer.

3. Now extract IMSM_8201001_XP.zip , you can also download this driver for your motherboard from ASUS Website 4. Open Device Manager and update the existing IDE ATA/ATAPI sata driver (both the Intel ICH10 Serial ATA Storage Controllers) with the AHCI driver. View the screenshots.

post-271572-1227399890_thumb.jpg

Select Install from a list or Specific location.

post-271572-1227399801_thumb.jpg

Select Don't choose I will choose the driver to install

post-271572-1227399905_thumb.jpg

Click on Have Disk and then Click on Browse

post-271572-1227399916_thumb.jpg

Select iaAHCI..inf and then click on open

post-271572-1227399929_thumb.jpg

Select Intel� ICH10R SATA AHCI Controller and then click on Next and then restart the computer and boot into Windows XP.

Now restart the PC once again and change the SATA to AHCI mode and then boot into Windows XP and you will see that you are able to boot into windows using the AHCI driver.

Install

While trying to install if you receive an error message 'Still Waiting for root device' then you need to make sure you have a SATA DVD Drive, if not buy a converter for IDE to Sata from ebay or somewhere and then try to install.

OR

Just use iPC OSX 10.5.6 that should go through

You can try to boot with -x -v cpus=1 if you are facing problems to get the installation to start

iPC OS X 86

...Information provided by SparkDude....

iPC is recommended for those users who want to install OSX on their IDE Drive.

iPC has the appropriate drivers to setup the ICH10R that's on the P5Q motherboard. It doesn't even need you to be in AHCI mode, you can simply have the standard IDE. You can install from an IDE DVD drive on an IDE hard drive...

1. Burn ISO iPC OS X on DVD-R or DVD-RW.

2. Boot with -v

3. Once you get the option to select the Drive.

4. Enter Disk Utility and Format the Drive with Mac OS Journled.

5. Select the drive and then click Next

6. Click Customize and and select the appropriate Video Drivers according to the graphics card that you have installed.

7. Also select all the drivers needed like ICH10 Sata Support under chipset, and other drivers suitable for your motherboard.

iDeneb

1. Burn ISO Ideneb 1.3 or IDeneb 1.4 on DVD-R or DVD-RW.

2. Boot with -v

6. Click Customize and and select the appropriate Video Drivers according to the graphics card that you have installed.

7. Also select all the extra software provided by iDeneb. Please dont forget to select kexthelper b7

8. Also select X11. Kext_Helper_b7.zip in Extra Software.

iAktos

1. Burn ISO iAtkos 10.5.5 on DVD-R or DVD-RW.

2. Boot with -v

7. Also select NTFS-3G

8. Once the installation is over it will ask for a restart, do not restart.

9. Open Disk utility and select the OS X drive and click Verify Permission

10. Now click Repair Permission and once it is done restart the computer.

After the installation if you are not able to see the boot menu of osx then do the following steps.

If you are using Windows XP (Also Works fine if you are using both Windows XP and Windows Vista)

1. Download tboot.tboot.zip 2. Extract this file in to the C:\ Drive. If you have installed Windows XP on C:\ Drive.

3. Open Boot.ini and then type C:\tboot="Mac OSX Leopard"

If you are using Windows Vista Only There are two methods

Method I

1. Download EasyBCD_1.7.2.zip 2. Install the software 'As an administrator' and then run the software

3. Now click Add/Remove Entries

4. Here you can add Mac OS X entry, Linux Entry, Windows Entry etc etc.......

Method II

If the PC is Vista only, put ntldr(get one from your XP installation CD), tboot and a boot.ini file to your Vista boot partition, for example [boot loader]timeout=0

default=c:tboot [operating systems]c:tboot="Mac OSX Leopard" Vista will automatically detect and add the Leopard entry on next boot. Also, for Vista users, you may use bcdedit to add tboot, but the ntldr way is much much more easier. Anway, if you prefer the native Vista bootloader, here is how:

1. put tboot on Vista boot partition, usually C:\
  2. Open a command prompt and make sure it's running as administrator and type:

bcdedit /create /d "Mac OSX Leopard" /application bootsector This will retrun a {ID}
  3. Use the command line below to add the tboot, replace the {ID} accordingly: bcdedit /set {ID} device bootbcdedit /set {ID}
    path tbootbcdedit /displayorder {ID} /addlast

Post Install

Drivers

1. To install the drivers run Kext_Helper_b7.zip. You will find this app inside the iDeneb folder which is inside Application folder.

2. Drag the .kext files in to the kexthelper type in the password and click Easy Install.

3. Now Restart the PC

Sound Realtek ALC 1200:(ASUS P5Q MOBO)

New Audio Driver: ALC1200_1056.zip Thanks to Marionez

First remove AppleHDA.kext, ALCinject.kext and then install the above driver..

Support for the above driver

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=161430

or Old Audio Driver:

p45audio.zip]

First remove AppleHDA.kext, ALCinject.kext and Azaliaaudio.kext that are there in the extention folder and then install the above driver. This driver will also work for Motherboards with Realtek ALC 1200 Audio Chipset

Sound ADI AD2000B:(ASUS P5Q-E MOBO)

NEW_AD2000B_ROB_XES.zip

OR

ADI_AD2000B_ROB_XES.kext.zip

The above drivers will also work for Motherboards with ADI AD2000B Audio Chipset

P5Q Deluxe Motherboard: AppleAzaliaAudio.kext.zip

I have also installed a Sound Card (Creative SoundBlaster CT4810) which works right out of the Box.

post-271572-1227402625_thumb.png

post-271572-1227402587_thumb.png

Marvell kext for IDE Hard Drives and DVD Drives: AppleVIAATA.kext.zip

AHCI Fix: FIX "Unknown AHCI Controllers & Orange Disk Icons":

New One: AHCIfixv2_with_10.5.6_kexts__corrected_.zip ....Thanks to Marionez

Asus_P5Q_AHCIFix.1.3_cVaD.dmg.zip

post-271572-1227761916_thumb.jpg

LAN: There is LAN Driver available for Atheros L1e Now ........Install this using Kexthelper ----- All Thanks to Reader02 and Marionez for their effort in creating the driver......

You can find ATL1E on:

* desktop motherboards

Asus P5Q

Asus P5Q SE

Asus P5Q SE/R

Asus P5Q Pro

Asus P5GC MX

Asus P5QL Pro

Asus P5KPL CM

ECS P45T-A

* laptops

Acer Aspire 6530G

Acer Aspire 6920G

Acer Aspire 6930G

Acer Aspire 6935G

Acer Aspire 8930G

Asus EeePC 900A

Asus EeePC 901

Asus EeePC 1000

Asus EeePC 1000H

Asus EeePC 1000HE[/color]

:DAttansicL1eEthernet.kext.zip :thumbsup_anim:

If you have problems with the driver or if you want any help or if you need a updated driver....You can find it here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=140907

If that does not work then you can do this manual method

1. Download this and extract it : AttansicL1eEthernet.zip

2. Open Terminal, type in the path where you have extracted the folder like the example shown below and press Enter

Example: cd /Users/Robert/Downloads/AttansicL1eEthernet/

3. Now type sudo sh installrelease.sh and press Enter

4. Ready to go....

The following LAN Driver is not for ASUS P5Q / ASUS P5Q PRO THIS is only for those LANS with Realtek 8111C LAN Chipset

DRIVER for LAN : ASUS P5Q-EM, ASUS P5Q-VM, AND OTHERS with RTL8169, RTL8168, RTL8110, RTL8111, RTL8100, RTL8101 chips and their modifications. Try this first

Just download the driver from here https://sourceforge.net/projects/realtekr1000/

OR

ASUS_P5Q__Realtek_8111C__LAN_Driver.zip

Ethernet with Marvell Chipsets can use the following Driver. I am Using D-Link DGE-530T GigaExpress Ethernet Controller skge.kext.zip

Marvell Yukon 88E8056 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller: P5Q Deluxe Motherboard....... IONetworkingFamily.kext.zip

Marvell Yukon 88E8001/8003/8010 PCI Gigabit Ethernet Controller: P5Q Deluxe Motherboard....... skge_for_P5Q_Deluxe.zip

Graphics: If you are not getting Full Hardware Support in Mac i.e Quartz Extreme then try the following...

If it is iDeneb then you need to select NVkush and select the Ram size according to the memory of your card i.e 256, 512 etc .... and you will get full Hardware Support i.e Quartz Extreme support and resolution up to or more than 1280 x 1024. This package is already there in the Mac OSX installtion of iDeneb you need to just select this package while installing Mac.

You can also download the package from http://diabolik1605.com/DHF/. I would recommend you to first remove all the .kext installed earlier i.e Nvresman.kext, Geforce.kext and other graphics related kexts ..... and then install Nvkush..... While Installing iDeneb 1.3. I selected Nvkush and 512 MB and it worked fine for me... This should definitely work for you...

If it is iAtkos then download the package from http://diabolik1605.com/DHF/ and first remove all the .kext installed earlier i.e Nvresman.kext, Geforce.kext etc etc..... and then install Nvkush.....

post-271572-1227761908_thumb.jpg

SOME ATI VIDEO DRIVER

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=125595

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=107526

Solutions for some Known Issues

For more Drivers, Patches and Fixes Visit the link inside the text file

pcwiz.txt

1. If you are having Shutdown / Restart problem then install the following kext. Only install if you are having Shutdown / Restart Problem

OpenHaltRestart.zip

or

Disable ACPI 2.0 Support in the Bios.....

Install AHCI Fix AHCIfixv2_with_10.5.6_kexts__corrected_.zip and Then Intsall Original_10.5.6_Kexts.zip .... Thanks to Marionez =====================================================================

2. If you receive a mDNSResponder-message then try the following sudo vsdbutil -a /Volumes/PARTITIONNAME or /usr/sbin/vsdbutil -a /Volumes/PARTITIONNAME as a root

============================================================== [/color]

3. While trying to install if you receive an error message 'Still Waiting for root device' then you need to make sure you have a SATA DVD Drive, if not buy a converter for IDE to Sata from ebay or somewhere and then try to install.

======================================================================

If this information was useful to you then please vote...........

=====================================================================

:D GOOD NEWS FOR ALL ASUS P5Q USERS :D

MAC OS X Leopard Retail 10.5.x on ASUS P5Q / P5Q PRO/P5Q-EM /P5Q-VM AND OTHERS .................. Click Here

Nothing is Impossible and Dont Give Up..............

===============================================================

My System

Motherboard--------------- ASUS P5Q

Storage-------------------- 2 X 160 GB SATA Seagate 1 X 200 GB PATA Seagate

CPU-------------------------Core 2 Duo E4600 2.4 Ghz

OS-------------------------- MAC OS X Retail / Windows 7 / Win XP / Suse Linux 11.1

RAM------------------------ Transcend 4 GB 800 MHz

LAN Card------------------- D-Link 530 T Gigabit 1 Gbps

Graphics Card-------------- XFX NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT

===============================================================

post-271572-1229707665_thumb.jpg

Do you know if this will work with the p5q pro? I have Ideneb 1.3 and have my bios modded with the 1406 version. I have the defaults loaded and set the sata controller to ahci. I get it to boot no problem into the installer and it installs ok. I'm using a sata liteon burner. When it goes to restart, I get ebios error xxxxxxx block 64. And it will not boot. Right now my drive is partitioned guid into two separate partitions. I had intentions on installing a retail dvd using either boot-132 method or imaging the retail dvd onto another partition and installing it using a boot patchstick created with syslinux and chameleon. I wasn't able to get the usb boot drive working. I have had success with kalyway 10.5.2 though it seems buggy and restarts require the kalyway dvd to be in to launch the boot loader, otherwise I will get the ebios error. It seems like it's a kext file that's not loaded properly with the chameleon boot loader though, I'm not sure what kext files are loaded with the kalyway disk. Any thoughts?

Mobo - Asus P5Q Pro - mod bios 1406

Ram - 6gb pc800

Processor - Intel q9400 @ 2.66

Video - evga Nvidia 9500gt 512mb

Do you know if this will work with the p5q pro? I have Ideneb 1.3 and have my bios modded with the 1406 version. I have the defaults loaded and set the sata controller to ahci. I get it to boot no problem into the installer and it installs ok. I'm using a sata liteon burner. When it goes to restart, I get ebios error xxxxxxx block 64. And it will not boot. Right now my drive is partitioned guid into two separate partitions. I had intentions on installing a retail dvd using either boot-132 method or imaging the retail dvd onto another partition and installing it using a boot patchstick created with syslinux and chameleon. I wasn't able to get the usb boot drive working. I have had success with kalyway 10.5.2 though it seems buggy and restarts require the kalyway dvd to be in to launch the boot loader, otherwise I will get the ebios error. It seems like it's a kext file that's not loaded properly with the chameleon boot loader though, I'm not sure what kext files are loaded with the kalyway disk. Any thoughts?

Mobo - Asus P5Q Pro - mod bios 1406

Ram - 6gb pc800

Processor - Intel q9400 @ 2.66

Video - evga Nvidia 9500gt 512mb

Regarding P5Q Pro I am not sure. I have P5Q the basic one.

For more details you can visit this thread. This thread will give you all the details required to install OSX on P5Q Pro. Specifically for your Motherboard.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=136586

This motherboard work great for me, the only issue is after shutdown the fan be stays on.

I use the CPU E8400 and I can't solve to get 3Ghz the system only recognize like 2.3Ghz

In xbench the system looks more fast than a dual G5.

If you someone has a solution for the E8400, please let me know.

Cpu: E8400

VGA PCIE: HD2600Pro

Audio ACL1200: Working after patch (Only two channel output, Mic and Input)

2Ghz DDR2 667

SATA HD and DVD

IDe working after Patch

This motherboard work great for me, the only issue is after shutdown the fan be stays on.

I use the CPU E8400 and I can't solve to get 3Ghz the system only recognize like 2.3Ghz

In xbench the system looks more fast than a dual G5.

If you someone has a solution for the E8400, please let me know.

Cpu: E8400

VGA PCIE: HD2600Pro

Audio ACL1200: Working after patch (Only two channel output, Mic and Input)

2Ghz DDR2 667

SATA HD and DVD

IDe working after Patch

Good to know.....Congrats

Which OSX did you use iDeneb or iAtkos...

I read a forum the other day and found that after installing 10.5.5 some of them had overclocking issues..

If you have installed iDeneb, which kernel did you use? The default one or the one from the list?

I think it might be because of the kernel...

I figured out what was causing the Grey Curtain of Death, actually I had enabled spotlight on NTFS drives..... Every time spotlight was indexing the NTFS DRIVE I got the Curtain of Death.....I checked it out on both iAtkos and iDeneb......Hence the conclusion is dont enable indexing on NTFS Drives.

If you want to enable indexing on NTFS drives then us the following code.

sudo mdutil -i on /Volumes/The name of the drive

I will not recommend this as it may cause some Grey Curtains of Death............................

CPU E8400, Motherboard P5Q, Sapphire ATI HD 3650 512mb, 2Gb Ram. Drivers for the sapphire are included in iAtkos 10.5.4?

I think that ATI Radeon drivers are included in iAtkos.....

post-271572-1227557048_thumb.png

Following is the package included in Jas OSX86 10.5.4

post-271572-1227557390_thumb.jpg

Good to know.....Congrats

Which OSX did you use iDeneb or iAtkos...

I read a forum the other day and found that after installing 10.5.5 some of them had overclocking issues..

If you have installed iDeneb, which kernel did you use? The default one or the one from the list?

I think it might be because of the kernel...

Thanks Rob.

I use iDeneb 10.5.5 and use the default Kernel

Which kernel did you recommend in iDened?

I'm currently using an Asus P5Q SE with the modified BIOS from OSXCORES Home(and yeah, a good old Realtek 8139 PCI...:P...

Installation actually went smoothly(for the first time) after following the procedure...:) However, I got hanged after reboot...not complete hanged. The -v at boot prompt does show everything and go through, but I then got into a "blue screen" and stuck there. Mouse cursor could be moved, though...

I'm gonna give Kalaway 10.5.2 another try and see how things work...:)

Robert Raj

Mobo: ASUS P5Q ---------------------------Working

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E 4600 ----------------Working

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT -----Working

Sound: Realtek ALC 1200--------Working p45audio.zip

LAN Card: D-Link 530 T Gigabit ---------------Working Installed skge.kext

HDD: 2 IDE HDD and 1 SATA HDD--------------Working

Hi guys its my first time to install Mac OS X on my pc and I've used the Ideneb 1.3 version. Its already installed and working but my problem is I only got a resolution of 800x600 if i try to change it, it hangs with a sky blue screen.

It is stated that you got your Nvidia Gefore 8500 GT working right? I would like to know what patch did you used to make it work? Thanks alot and keep it up. Buy the way I got the same hardware like yours except i had an LCD screen from Sony.

Thanks Rob.

I use iDeneb 10.5.5 and use the default Kernel

Which kernel did you recommend in iDened?

I recommend the default one.........

For IDE Hard Drives and DVD Drives: Asus_P5Q_Marvell_AppleVIAATA.kext.zip ( 135.95K )

i install it but still no ide drive found.... do i have to do something more?

Try AppleVIAATA.kext.zip

Please download this driver those who are using 10.5.4 and 10.5.5...... It will definitely work......

Robert Raj

Mobo: ASUS P5Q ---------------------------Working

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E 4600 ----------------Working

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT -----Working

Sound: Realtek ALC 1200--------Working p45audio.zip

LAN Card: D-Link 530 T Gigabit ---------------Working Installed skge.kext

HDD: 2 IDE HDD and 1 SATA HDD--------------Working

Hi guys its my first time to install Mac OS X on my pc and I've used the Ideneb 1.3 version. Its already installed and working but my problem is I only got a resolution of 800x600 if i try to change it, it hangs with a sky blue screen.

It is stated that you got your Nvidia Gefore 8500 GT working right? I would like to know what patch did you used to make it work? Thanks alot and keep it up. Buy the way I got the same hardware like yours except i had an LCD screen from Sony.

Which OSX installation you are using?

If it is iDeneb then you need to select NVkush and select the Ram size according to the memory of your card. Only then you will get Hardware Support i.e Quartz Extreme support and resolution up to 1280 x 1024. This package is already there in the Mac OSX installtion you need to just select this while installing Mac.

You can also download the package from http://diabolik1605.com/DHF/. I would recommend you to first remove all the .kext installed earlier i.e Nvresman.kext, Geforce.kext etc etc..... and then install Nvkush.....

This should definitely work for you...

If it is iAtkos then download the package from http://diabolik1605.com/DHF/ and first remove all the .kext installed earlier i.e Nvresman.kext, Geforce.kext etc etc..... and then install Nvkush.....

Good to know that we both have the same hardware.............

Just try the steps that I have mentioned above and you will definitely get the full harware support....

Just let me know once you get it to work....

I have a motherboard Asus P5Q. It connected ps / 2 keyboard and USB mouse. I am trying to install the original Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.4 9E25 Retail. Who you can help me with kext's?

Sorry for my English.

I think you need to take a look at the following forum... It is mentioned about P5Q Pro... but I think his PS2 drivers should work for you.

Kalyway pulls through!!!!!!!!!!! 10.5.2 is good enough for everything except the sound. Use the P45 file(my motherboard is actually based on P43 chipset) and it is good... :)

Ideneb 10.5.5 doesn't get through for some strange reasons...oh well... :P

Congrats Dude.............

Which version is better or more stable? Jas OSX86 10.5.4 or iAtkos 4i 10.5.4 ?

I have not yet tried Jas OSX86 10.5.4... But I think you should install Jas as in that installation you will find the drivers for your ATI graphics card...

Hello, Help me, i follow the this post, but i don't work

i have p5q

maybe my problem is the IDE dvd?

thank

Even I had the IDE DVD earlier and I was not able to install OSX. I received a message 'Still waiting for root Device'.

Now I have a SATA DVD Drive.

I am not sure that you will be able to install OSX using IDE DVD ....

But you will be able to enable IDE DVD after the installation of OSX...using the AppleVIAATA.kext.zip

No LAN Ethernet driver for P5Q?

Trust me I have tried many kexts for Aetheros L1 E. But nothing seems to be working. After doing one month of research I finally gaveup and bought D-Link DGE 502 -T Gigabit 1.0 gb/ps Lan card and installed skge.kext and it worked for me.....

Take a look at the following thread

http://www.insanelymac.com/lofiversion/ind...t40851-400.html

Which OSX installation you are using?

If it is iDeneb then you need to select NVkush and select the Ram size according to the memory of your card. Only then you will get Hardware Support i.e Quartz Extreme support and resolution up to 1280 x 1024. This package is already there in the Mac OSX installtion you need to just select this while installing Mac.

You can also download the package from http://diabolik1605.com/DHF/. I would recommend you to first remove all the .kext installed earlier i.e Nvresman.kext, Geforce.kext etc etc..... and then install Nvkush.....

This should definitely work for you...

Good to know that we both have the same hardware.............

Just try the steps that I have mentioned above and you will definitely get the full harware support....

Just let me know once you get it to work....

Before anything else Thank you for replying... I use the Ideneb V 1.3 10.5.5, its the same that you used on your hardware. Well sad to say I tried a fresh install and selected the NVkush and512 memory on NVinject. The installation went well and mac os X is installed. Still whenever i tried to change my resolution higher than 800x600 it hangs with a blue screen.

By the way I noticed that at the Mac Logo start up i check my resolution in my menu of my LCD screen and it has a resolution of 1024x768 but when it goes inside the OS it goes down to 800x600. I've check in the system that my Nvidia 8500GT is well support everything is working.

Again i tried a fresh install only selecting the NVkush and no longer selecting anything. After install same results hangs on changing the resolution, still the Graphics card is well support but only with 256 memory.

On installation and mac logo start up my resolution never goes below 1024x768. Is there anything I'm doing wrong on my installation? Again thank you very much.... God Bless as always....