Has anyone gotten an ECS G31T-M mobo to work?

81 posts in this topic

Fry's is having a sale on an ECS G31T-M with a Q9300 for $259. Seems like a pretty good deal but I can't find any new info on this board. The last post I could dig up was 6 months ago and at that time the outlook was poor. Has anyone gotten this board to work properly?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying mine out at the moment. Got it working with leo4allV3, but only with one core working, had to disable acpi in bios.

sound working with azalia (lineout only). ethernet seems to work, haven't tried though. i'm on a E6750 btw.

let you know about any progress!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I'm trying mine out at the moment. Got it working with leo4allV3, but only with one core working, had to disable acpi in bios.

sound working with azalia (lineout only). ethernet seems to work, haven't tried though. i'm on a E6750 btw.

let you know about any progress!

Thank you to Theyangster :) who found the link to Chaos's post.

I have mine working 100% with bios "ECSG31_T_order2chaos". After ROM flashed, I getting corrupt CMOS several times, but I managed to get it working.

Thanks

my test result

http://db.xbench.com/merge.xhtml?doc2=303971

can u give step by step directions on that? I got one of those free with the e8400 bundle.

Hi Drvr8

you can use the link that Theyangster post above http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...0&start=560 to download this bios from Chaos. After flash your MB and then go to bios setup to change time, date, disable ide and disable order boot device. Installation is working on both Leo4all and Iatkos 4i ready 10.5.4, it up to date and no need to patch sound, network and video card. Every thing is working 100% for me after boot up, installed OS to this G31T is a lot easier than my Asus P5e

good luck

after flashing with the custom firmware, i am able to edit cmos setiings right afterward. after i save and exit with those settings, however, nothing shows up with my monitor and i essentially cannot do anything with my computer. display cames back after hardware cmos resetting. how did you get past the corrupt cmos problem?

after flashing with the custom firmware, i am able to edit cmos setiings right afterward. after i save and exit with those settings, however, nothing shows up with my monitor and i essentially cannot do anything with my computer. display cames back after hardware cmos resetting. how did you get past the corrupt cmos problem?

Yes, I got corrupt cmos problem too, I had to return off power and clear cmos several time. When you boot in bio setting, try to disable ide, disable orhter boot devices, reset date and time.

Hope it's working for you

Sok5

i still cannot get it working. please clarify a bit; by disable ide, are you talking about the ide busmaster? or are you talking about the ide controller?also, which option are you talking about when you refer to "other boot devices?" are you talking about the option "boot other devices," or should i disable each boot device? please help, and thank you for your time :)

i still cannot get it working. please clarify a bit; by disable ide, are you talking about the ide busmaster? or are you talking about the ide controller?also, which option are you talking about when you refer to "other boot devices?" are you talking about the option "boot other devices," or should i disable each boot device? please help, and thank you for your time ;)

Hi h4n9m4n,

Here is my bios setting and use both SATA dvd drive and SATA hard drive.

1. Standard cmos setup => date and time

-IDE busmaster => disable

2. Advanced setup

- Max CPUID vale limit => disable

- Boot other device => No (due network card researching for boot devices)

3. Advanced chipset setup => auto

4. Intergrated peripherale

- Onboard IDE controller => disable

- Onboard Lan boot rom => disable

- OnboardIR => disable

exit and save

Hope it's working for you

Sok5

The modified BIOS done by order2chaos is for a G31T-A motherboard. However you guys have the G31T-M, correct? Just wanted to verify that you guys used the G31T-A BIOS on the G31T-M without any issues (aside from the corrupted CMOS messages).

If you look much earlier in Kabyl's thread there is a G31T-M bios that was modified and posted by David Tsu.

--mike

Yes, I am using G31T-A bios on my G31T-M. I have dual boot in my system, Win_XP is working flawlessly and OS 10.5.4 working 99% because shutdownd problem, but all the hard ware seen to be working.

Sok5

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I'm having the exact same issue as above. I've tried setting my BIOS to all the settings you said below, but still nothing. Are you using onboard graphics instead of a dedicated card? Anything else other than what you've listed?

Yes, I am using ATi HD2600xt and onboard graphic's working (no QI/CI). My G31T-M running both Win_XP and OS 10.5.4. After I flashed Bios(G31T-A) I had corrupt cmos problem, but I tried different sitting, swicth off /on and clearing cmos no less then 20 times. I got it to work with a setting above post.

hopefully you will get your system up and running too.

Sok5

• 2 weeks later...

update: i've had it working great on my G31T-M for a few weeks now. Sorry for not updating earlier. I used one of the modified bios's for the G31T-M on that thread, but not the same one you used; there are actually ones made for the M version there. Everything works great without adding any extra drivers using iAtkos 10.5.4. I did have to add a wireless driver though, but it wasn't necessary for the onboard LAN. Running GREAT w/ Q6600, 2GB ram, Radeon HD3870, stock kernel. Couldn't be happier :)

• 2 weeks later...

hi everyone!

with your help i managed to finally get my ecs g31t-m up and running, using the bios-rev smikes-19 mentioned above.

thanks everybody!

sok5: how did you manage to get sound fully supported? or are you just using azalia_out?

i tried the alc662 with taruga's hda-patcher, it appeared in the preferences menu but i got no sound coming out, any clues?

cheers,

myke

dear sok5,

now i'm confused: in your specs i read you're using iatkos4, now you say you used leo4allv3 ???

what i came up with after trying numerous releases: i use iatkos4 (there are no audio options at install) it automatically installs audio (but only audio out). another plus is efi_v8 which i need for graphic strings. so far so good.

problems:

Sleep: it goes to sleep for, like, one second, wakes up instantly and comes up with the device-removed error message.

USB: sometimes usb devices are not recognized, or it says there's not enough voltage.

have you experienced any of these problems? what kernel do you use?

and concerning audio, again: do you have all outputs/inputs working, with working volume control?

i would totally appreciate a step-by-step installation protocol of yours, with installed options and post-installs. could you please do that for me? thank you so much, sok!

myke

update: i've had it working great on my G31T-M for a few weeks now. Sorry for not updating earlier. I used one of the modified bios's for the G31T-M on that thread, but not the same one you used; there are actually ones made for the M version there. Everything works great without adding any extra drivers using iAtkos 10.5.4. I did have to add a wireless driver though, but it wasn't necessary for the onboard LAN. Running GREAT w/ Q6600, 2GB ram, Radeon HD3870, stock kernel. Couldn't be happier :D

myke,

Sorry to confuse you, I reflash my bios from Choaorder (g31t-a) to g31t-M, because it's more stable. Somehow I cannot installing iAtkosv4disc and it wouldn't bootup with this bios. So, I have to use Leo4allv3, it's running great with sleep, wakeup and shotdown.

sok5 :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

i wanted to try sok5's setup and flashed my bios with the g31t-a file. like hangman, i was stuck with black screen and found no way to get past it. finally, with hangman's help (thanks!) i flashed back to normal, but it seems like the bios got damaged on the way, i always get cmos checksum error on bootup, and it doesn't save my settings. change of battery didn't help. now i'm stuck with a bricked motherboard...

any ideas, anyone?

i wanted to try sok5's setup and flashed my bios with the g31t-a file. like hangman, i was stuck with black screen and found no way to get past it. finally, with hangman's help (thanks!) i flashed back to normal, but it seems like the bios got damaged on the way, i always get cmos checksum error on bootup, and it doesn't save my settings. change of battery didn't help. now i'm stuck with a bricked motherboard...

any ideas, anyone?

How did you get your board reflashed? I too have flashed mine with the Chaos flash and now only get a black screen after resetting the bios. I must've reset the bios 10 times by now and tried various settings but every time, it just dies after the initial setup. :\

How did you get your board reflashed? I too have flashed mine with the Chaos flash and now only get a black screen after resetting the bios. I must've reset the bios 10 times by now and tried various settings but every time, it just dies after the initial setup. :\

Same here.. :P Please post the solution

oh, you've gotten the computer to boot now? if it doesnt get past that cmos checksum error, just unplug your keyboard and restart. It should then get past it. If you have a windows installation that boots up, you are in good luck. once you get into windows use your mouse to reflash the bios again using the modded rom again. that fixed the CMOS problem for me.

DO NOT USE THE ORDER2CHAOS FLASH! thats for the g31t-a.