Welcome to InsanelyMac.com - No more ads! And some exciting news... Read more... ×

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Yesterday
  3. chris1111

Clover General discussion

Not fix, wait
  4. ameenjuz

please provide me latest committed compiled clover i think that team has been fixed Recovery partition in Big Sur to showing recovery partition from boot menu
  5. Anybody has any idea if Y is for Update role? diskutil apfs addVolume diskX APFS -role Y sebus
  6. After patching HPET._STA=0, I am now testing the following CLOVER r5122 config.plist changes (for the reasons stated). Similarly, the SSDT-TIME IRQ patches (HPET, TMR, RTC) should no longer be necessary with OC. The following CLOVER ACPI fixes do not appear to be necessary for the HP EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Mini: FixTMR - not needed after setting HPET._STA=0 (no longer a risk of IRQ conflict) FixHPET - not needed after setting HPET._STA=0 (no longer a risk of IRQ conflict and we don't want to "force" _STA as available) FixIPIC - there never was an IRQ conflict and this was always unnecessary FixRTC - not needed after setting HPET._STA=0 (no longer a risk of IRQ conflict) FixMutex - was never necessary, since original DSDT has propertly formed Mutexes FixS3D - was never necessary, since there are no S3D issues in original DSDT
  7. Thanks a lot. It worked. I have been looking for the 3 fingers gestures for a while.
  8. Allan

Introduce yourself.

Hello @SolH, be welcome to InsanelyMac! Hint:
  9. I use VoodooPS2Controller.kext 2.1.8 + VoodooSMBus.kext 3.0 + VoodooRMI.kext 1.2 on this order I upload and kext - Kext.zip
  10. SolH

Introduce yourself.

Hi everyone, my name is Sol, I am new to Hackintosh, I am stoked that I successfully built a Hackintosh Beast, but am frustrated that I cannot get Thunderbolt 3 to reliably work. As all my work lives on an external TB3 Raid this is a problem. I am hoping to find a solution before I am forced to sell my rig because TB3 is crucial for my workflow. Here is my build: Intel Core i9-9980XE Extreme Edition Processor 18 Cores up to 4.4GHz Turbo Unlocked LGA2066 X299 Series 165W Processors (999AD1) - Skylake-X GIGABYTE X299 DESIGNARE EX Motherboard Socket: 2066, Sapphire Radeon NITRO+ RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 GPU Noctua NH-U14S, Premium CPU Cooler with NF-A15 140mm Fan. EVGA 80+ GOLD 1000W Power Supply Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen4 PCIe M.2 Internal SSD Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen4 PCIe M.2 Internal SSD G.Skill 128GB DDR4 PC4-28800 3600MHz Ripjaws Fractal Design Define R5 - Mid Tower Computer Case - ATX Fenvi Wireless Wi-Fi 802/11a/b/g/n/ac 2.4GHz / 5GHz card - Plug & Play Hackintosh M.2 NGFF WLAN BCM94360NG 802.11ac Bluetooth 4.0 WiFi Card for PC Catalina mac OS 2 x SanDisk Ultra 3D NAND 1TB Internal SSD - SATA III Sonnet Allegro 4-Port USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C PCIe Card
  11. IOReg shows no built-in display at all attached to [email protected] So, it's as if your built-in LCD did not exist. In your SSDT-PNLF, try and rename GFX0 by IGPU. Not sure it'll fox the issue but I think the table is incorrect given that IOREg shows device "IGPU" @2. Failing that, try and inject your screen EDID maybe.
  12. Slice

[Pre-Release] macOS Big Sur 11.1

Tests shown nothing.
  13. Hervé

[GUIDE] MSI MEG Z490I Unify

Impressive!
  14. Thank you but that was not what I was I asking. I was asking @pac-man where did the information about this "new" variable come from ? That is, where is it documented ? Who published it ?
  15. Allan

Introduce yourself.

Hi welcome to InsanelyMac!
  16. rmjohnson144

Opencore 0.6.3 Mojave installer won't boot.

OK, I dded more USB devices to to try and mount EFI, then my mouse started flaking out. It doesn't seem to like very many USB devices installed at once. I removed all drives except bootable usb and fresh installed SSD only. I turn on PC and boot the USB and I get to the Mojave desktop without issues. The usb drive shows up on the desktop. I then mounted the EFI of the boot drive and it showed up in Finder and looks like an HDD. I mount the EFI of USB drive, but it doesn't have the USB logo and just the plain manilla folder icon. I open the folder and it has the correct config.plist with all of the changes, including all of the Mac serials and stuff. I shut down and pull the USB then turn it on and it boots directly to the desktop now! It is a bit laggy, but very usable. It takes like 30 seconds before it will take my password though. I installed Steam and plays a couple of my games fine. (Cities: Skylines and Subnautica). Slight lag compared to windows, but that is expected. Thanks for everyone's help. There is a bit of fine tuning needed in the guides, so I still need to make sure to match all settings from the guide, not just the ones in red. A lot of the guide has hidden stuff and links to other stuff, and you need to follow them all and take your time. I finally figured this out disabling SIP in the installer USB drive. Otherwise SIP is enabled when you install MacOS and there seems no way to boot into Recovery mode.
  17. mickeyd453

Unable to Upgrade from Catalina to Big Sur

sudo nvram msu-product-url="msu-product-url://$(diskutil info /System/Volumes/Data | grep "Volume UUID" | awk '{print $3}')/macOS%2520Install%2520Data"
  18. Foxy Gekkerson

Mac Pro 2019 with RTX 3090 sleep issues

In that case, you *definitely* don't wanna mess with the Hackintosh guides I posted with actual Mac hardware; they'll probably brick your computer if you tried. Apple basically dropped support for Nvidia GPUs within the past couple years. Nvidia GPUs still work on Macs, but nobody's making up-to-date official web drivers anymore. They also have no plans to patch any existing problems. Here's another guide I found about sleep issues with genuine Macs, though a portion of it is about their laptops. It was written for Catalina, but it should work just as well in Big Sur. https://appletoolbox.com/how-to-fix-catalina-crashing-in-sleep-mode-on-mac/ Since you have a Mac Pro, you should have an app called Expansion Slot Utility, which may be in Applications/Utilities. From what I've read about it, it's designed to let you allocate power to different expansion slots you're using. Perhaps there's a way to completely disable the GPU in there? Another recommendation could be to reset NVRAM, which the guide linked a couple lines above should cover how to do. How often do you switch between macOS and Windows? If all else fails, the only other workarounds I can think of are: A: Keep not using Sleep Mode and only shut down the display when you're not using your Mac. B: Downgrade back to Catalina if your sleep issues started in Big Sur C: Physically remove the GPU before booting into macOS (which I know will be a pain) D: Save up for a more compatible non-Nvidia GPU down the road. Based on my cursory research, the AMD RX 6800 XT seems pretty comparable to the RTX 3090. I personally have an AMD RX 5600 XT. Definitely listen to an expert over me if someone else comes along in this thread, especially if they can help you without having to remove your GPU or buy a new one.
  19. My Specs: ASUS Z170-A 16 GB RAM Hyper X (1x8 2x4 GB) Radeon 5500 XT 8GB i7-6700K (not overclocked currently). Asus C68 USB / (Asus C56 inside, but I didn't manage to make it work, so I am using the left one through usb) I'll attach my .plist file down below. Everything runs fine and perfect. Currently I got a bad monitor, but I will buy a new one soon (60hz @ 1080p). However, I have the issue, that I experience some micro lags (half second / 1 second) from time to time. For instance, when I run a few Apps like Chrome, Word, and then I want to access the app dock down below, I experience some micro lags. Same situation when I start the LoL Client and put it in the background while I access my other Apps. Although I got 240fps while playing (but with frame drops ?). I am not experiencing this every time at every boot or let's say "PC-Session". My assumption is, that my GPU can somehow be improved regarding the resources handling, like switching from low to high usage. Anyone an idea, how to improve this disturbing thing? Maybe not with config.plist, but with different BIOS Settings ? config.plist
  20. 207_gthdi

Introduce yourself.

good, I'm new to the forum, I'm already a mac osx user, I have a Mini from the end of 2014.
  21. Matgen84

Thanks. What is the advantage of this value 0x285 instead of the usual 0x67.
  22. Slice

I lived with zero before but now I set 0x285 for testing purpose and forgot about this living with this value and updating BigSur with this value.
  23. Alpha999

Hello, Matgen84. I tried it with the CloverX64.efi you sent. The OS is Big Sur 11.1 Beta 2. The sound chip is ALC887. Once you erase all the "layout-id" to make sure it doesn't work. 1.Only: Devices-Audio-Inject 7 2.Only: Boot-Arguments alcid = 7 3.Only: Devices-Properties-PciRoot (0x0) / Pci (0x1f, 0x3): layout-id 07000000 In both cases, the sound worked fine. Why doesn't it work for you? Alas, it's strange. Thank you.
  24. alexMac

Mac Pro 2019 with RTX 3090 sleep issues

Yep, it's an honest-to-goodness Mac Pro . Sometimes I wish I'd gone the hackintosh route. I use macOs 80% of the time and I use Windows when I need to do some CUDA related stuff or gaming. Disabling sleep mode works, but I don't like to leave the Mac Pro on all night and I also don't like to have to do a shutdown, since it takes me a bit to get everything back to where it was (I use the Mac Pro as a development machine). Apple, being Apple, totally ignores my bug reports.
  25. I have reviewed real Mac ACPI / IORegistry dumps back to Skylake platforms and have confirmed that Apple has been setting HPET._STA=0 for a while now. I'm surprised that I have never seen this mentioned in any guides and that newer guides still explain how to patch HPET for new hack platforms. I guess old habits / paradigms die hard. These HP EliteDesk 800 G Minis (starting with my experience in May 2020) are my first "new" hacks since my Socket 1156 system, so I have never had a reason to review the ACPI of new Macs. Based on my own review, an ACPI patch with HPET._STA=0 (as explained here) should be the standard on new hacks with Skylake and newer architectures (maybe earlier). I haven't yet tested, but it would seem to me that with HPET deleted, it is no longer necessary to patch IRQs (e.g. with SSDT-TIME) (since the intent of IRQ patching is to eliminate the conflict with HPET).
  26. Matgen84

Thanks. I wonder why is not the same for my Z390 Hack (ALC1220) Now I've to use alcid boot-args.
  27. @aforty My experience with new platforms is limited to my HackMini8,1, but I'll try to offer some suggestions / observations that you can check. These observations are not just for your CPU issue. Take a look at my known issues that might apply to your own situation. Why do you have IntelMausi and Realtek kexts? You haven't yet generated an SSDT-UIAC to accompany USBInjectAll.kext and disabled XHCIPortLimit quirk - is this intentional? Your config.plist references audio devices at PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1f,0x3) and PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1b,0x0) - which is it? Does your system need CatalinaACHIPort.kext (not familiar with it, so you know better)? If you have experiment with multiple MacModels (SMBIOS), you may need to pay attention to these issues each time you change SMBIOS: you will likely have to generate new USBPort mapping (after you disable XHCIPortLimit) delete extraneous com.apple.PowerManagement plists in /Library/Preferences reset keyboard modifier keys (if you changed any) reset Energy settings and check/reset power settings with Hackintool (e.g. proximitywake). I haven't found that CPUFriend is necessary and don't have much experience with it. It appears to me that you inject SSDT-PM.aml, but you don't inject any CPUFriend related kexts? Is that the correct use of CPUFriend?
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?