All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. MacNB

Customized OpenCore with additional features

Your log file shows a problem. The last line gives a clue: 112:671 00:654 OC: Plist Kexts\AppleMCEReporterDisabler\Contents\Info.plist is missing for kext AppleMCEReporterDisabler () And if you check your config.plist you will see the problem where you add that kext: <dict> <key>BundlePath</key> <string>AppleMCEReporterDisabler</string> <key>Enabled</key> <true/> <key>ExecutablePath</key> <string>Contents/MacOS/AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext</string> <key>MaxKernel</key> <string></string> <key>MinKernel</key> <string></string> <key>PlistPath</key> <string>Contents/Info.plist</string> </dict> </plist> You have to check the name of that kext. The BundlePath is probably AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext and the executable patch is probably: Contents/MacOS/AppleMCEReporterDisabler Also, your NVRAM section seems wrong as you have a Block 2 section within a Block section:
  3. apianti

Clover General discussion

It is inherent in the behavior of the operator. Those CPUs have a special instruction specifically to do that, it is not very common because it is super expensive. No modern CPU has any instruction like this. The most optimized code for an increment would look like these, prefix: mov rax, [address_of_variable_to_increment] inc rax mov [address_of_variable_to_increment], rax postfix: mov rax, [address_of_variable_to_increment] mov rbx, rax inc rbx mov [address_of_variable_to_increment], rbx This is the MOST optimized that either of these operators could be, most likely there is other stuff in registers though so you need to use graph coloring algorithm to determine how to use the registers most efficiently. I've only ever seen the prefix operator come out this optimized. EDIT: I forgot you could do direct memory access, although I doubt the compiler is using these but this will actually make the postfix operator perform even worse compared to the prefix, prefix: inc [address_of_variable_to_increment] postfix still has to operate some way like above.
  4. MacNB

No I am not using @n.d.k's custom OC but the standard release (0.5.6) so no changes to the sources. I am booting off OC on USB so that has an EFI and then I have an NVMe drive with an EFI portion (with OC), a Catalina partition (called Catalina-HD) and free space partition (called NVMe-free). Then I have a Mojave SATA drive that has an EFI (with Clover), Mojave partition (called P120GB) and a Windows 10 partition (called WIN10-Pro). The name of each partition and macOS volume names are different. So something strange about ScanPolicy setting.
  5. apianti

C++ proposition

edksetup.bat Rebuild
  6. apianti

C++ proposition

The original is correct. ListPtr is VOID **, so it is being dereferenced and set to a new allocated VOID *. Most likely it is a type conversion error if this is vs build and you need to put proper typecasting. EDIT: Because ListPtr is actually ** to some other type.
  7. Rocky12

yes did it as you say but the same result error halting on critical error
  8. Please help. I also have the same situation. Also when I type the command "/usr/local/bin/espmount.bash 0", I get an error: "zsh: permission denied: /usr/local/bin/espmount.bash"
  9. papoun

MSI Laptop SteelSeries Light Controller

Hello Very good , Tanks you for this app. This soft "KLN" for RGB keyboard MSI works fine in 10.13 or 10.14 but no works in Catalina (32/64 byts ???) I have problème with the USB port HS07 . The USB port work perfect in High Sierra, but not in Mojave or Catalina. Have find a solution ?
  10. Jief_Machak

C++ proposition

No no. They are supposed to be the same.
  11. Jief_Machak

C++ proposition

Why the hell do I have 'd:\Program File\Python38' as a path ? D: is the DVD !!!!
  12. Hervé

motherboard and processor combination question

GeForce 7300 has no support beyond Lion due to 32bit limitation. You'll have to repalce it. If you want a budget card that can take you up to current Catalina, go for something like a low-end Kepler GT710/GT720/GT730. Those work OOB. Re: CPU, don't waste your time with Sandy Bridge, go for the much better Ivy Bridge platform. Goes without saying...
  13. Slice

C++ proposition

I think void* and void** are the same for C but different for C++.
  14. Jief_Machak

C++ proposition

Original code has *ListPtr = AllocatePool(sizeof(VOID *) * AllocateCount); Don't know if it was a bug. I can suppose it was not because Clover was working ! so "**ListPtr = AllocatePool(sizeof(VOID *) * AllocateCount);" should be wrong.
  15. Today
  16. Slice

C++ proposition

also it is good to close Command Window and open it again.
  17. Try setting AppleXcpmCfgLock to true also if you didn't yet? Unless it only happens with this fork and not with regular opencore.
  18. Jief_Machak

C++ proposition

Help me being to build, and I'll have a look. What is this : "py -3" is not installed or added to environment variables
  19. Jief_Machak

C++ proposition

Yes, "&" require an lvalue, but line 345,358,360 of lib.cc, there is no "&"
  20. Jief_Machak

C++ proposition

Python path configuration: PYTHONHOME = 'd:\Program File\Python38' PYTHONPATH = (not set) program name = 'python' isolated = 0 environment = 1 user site = 1 import site = 1 sys._base_executable = 'C:\\Users\\jief\\AppData\\Local\\Programs\\Python\\Python38\\python.exe' sys.base_prefix = 'd:\\Program File\\Python38' sys.base_exec_prefix = 'd:\\Program File\\Python38' sys.executable = 'C:\\Users\\jief\\AppData\\Local\\Programs\\Python\\Python38\\python.exe' sys.prefix = 'd:\\Program File\\Python38' sys.exec_prefix = 'd:\\Program File\\Python38' sys.path = [ 'C:\\Users\\jief\\AppData\\Local\\Programs\\Python\\Python38\\python38.zip', 'd:\\Program File\\Python38\\DLLs', 'd:\\Program File\\Python38\\lib', 'C:\\Users\\jief\\AppData\\Local\\Programs\\Python\\Python38', ] Fatal Python error: init_fs_encoding: failed to get the Python codec of the filesystem encoding Python runtime state: core initialized ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'encodings' Current thread 0x00000278 (most recent call first): <no Python frame>
  21. Slice

C++ proposition

There is a new problem d:\projects\clover\rEFIt_UEFI\refit\lib.cpp(345): error C2102: для "&" требуется левостороннее значение d:\projects\clover\rEFIt_UEFI\refit\lib.cpp(358): error C2102: для "&" требуется левостороннее значение d:\projects\clover\rEFIt_UEFI\refit\lib.cpp(360): error C2102: для "&" требуется левостороннее значение it means "required lvalue"
  22. Jief_Machak

C++ proposition

Are talking about the fact I had to cast, line 2150 of menu.cpp ? That has to be improved. But the best to do it will be when I'll import my template class that'll solve the const problem we have here.
  23. Slice

C++ proposition

type python in the command line and see the result. see also edksetup.bat
  24. Jief_Machak

C++ proposition

When I try to compile on Windows, I got : Building architecture (X64) ... Building Clover (X64) ... Generating C:\Users\jief\Documents\CloverBootloader\Version.h 'build' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. !!! Error while building !!! I saw that when I tried MSVC few weeks ago, but can't remember. Don't you know how to fix this ?
  25. Slice

C++ proposition

I pushed my current changes for your convenience to compile with VS.
  26. Rocky12

legacy boot attempt with Customized OpenCore please don't ignore my post macOS mojave install on SSD macOS Catalina install on HDD i have prepared USB pin drive to Boot i don't really know what went wrong there for i am asking you guys for help config.plist.zip opencore-2020-02-20-113928.txt.zip
  27. Slice

C++ proposition

VOID AddListElement(IN OUT VOID ***ListPtr, IN OUT UINTN *ElementCount, IN VOID *NewElement) in the lib.cpp is looks wrong. Should be switch to list.cpp?
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?