All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Done, I've edited my previous post with the new r164
  3. https://www.dropbox.com/s/9oi8ic8o1q6tpou/EFI.zip?dl=0 Ok i hope that works Out of curiosity, is Rico your real name? It's my real name, that's why ask :))
  4. Yeah, the site is having difficulties with uploads. Use a third party upload site, i.e. Google Drive or Dropbox
  5. Today
  6. Ok @vector sigma, I'll wait
  7. Not per hour bro....
  8. Hi Rico, I removed the nvran.dylib and the nvramFile.kext from it's locations on the Sierra OS SSD. I used Plist editor to change the serial in .plist to xxxxx, removed the themes folder from the EFI Folder, but i can't upload the EFI Folder. First it was too big, so i removed the firmware.scap file to have 12Mb less. Now it says that there was a problem uploading the file & contact admin. I made a .zip of the EFI folder.
  9. @Allan, please I need to upload a new version of HWSensor3 here. new revision is r164 and below is "What's new": kexts are 64-bit only, compiled in El Capitan for a good compatibility with Mojave and all other supported OSes Fixed dark appearance in Mojave (r162) New way to show GPUs information from IOAccelerator for supported cards (r156) USB devices monitoring (r147) GPU's Metal and Performance Statistics (r142) add new nuvoton chips (r141) pkg here dmg here Thanks in advance!
  10. Don't use nvram.dylib and nvramfile.kext since you are using Clover. These are for Enoch. Also, sudo nvram nvda_drv=1 is not needed. The installer package does this by itself in it's post-installation script. Can you post your EFI folder? Hide the serial in your config and omit the theme folder
  11. Hey guys, I'm planning to install some OS X version on my -Core 2 Duo E6600 -Gigabyte GA-945P-S3 -2 + 1 GB DDR2 RAM and getting some 210 or other low end graphics card just to get screen working. What's the most suitable version for this hardware? It's going to be running Youtube videos, light Logic Pro X work etc... Thanks
  12. Honestly I have not seende any advantage or disadvantage in enabling or disabling Above 4G decoding on X299. I usually disabled it therefore.
  13. @KGP-iMacPro what does disabling Above 4G Decoding in the ThunderBolt 3 instructions do? I've read in a few places that this setting causes instability in ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe motherboards, but haven't seen any further detail than that.
  14. Genxster

alienware15r2 ,sleep but can't wake! need help!

Try dark-wake=0 boot arg or disable Powernap
  15. Please try to get the appropriate HDAU kext patch for your Nvidia GPU..
  16. I added Inject EDID via Colver configurator. I did now reeboot 3 times, each time choosing different boot args on the clover boot screen and boot macOSwith selected options. Once with nvda_rdv=1, once with nvda_rdv=1 and nv_disable=1 and once without any options selected. All three times i could boot, yet NVIDIA WebDriver Manager displays OS X Default Graphics Driver as used in the menu bar.
  17. Ok, i will see if i missed that one. I report back, just having lunch now :))
  18. spyroskor

El Capitan UEFI Clover on Sony Vaio S

Hi guys, As I have already reported before, I had a successful installation of El Capitan, later upgraded to Sierra macOS 10.12.6 (Sony Vaio SVS13A1S9ES , 6GB RAM, 750GB HDD and replaced DVD player with a caddy for SSD and installed 128GD SSD, replaced original PCIe WiFI/Bluetooth half-mini card with AzureWave AW-CE123H, installed OS X/macOS onto 128GB SSD). With the proper modifications (reported on a comment above following the instructions posted by the guy of the original article) everything was working fine for months. Suddenly, 2 to 3 days ago, at some point I closed the lid of the laptop (something that I had done dozens of times before) to go away and continue my work later. When I got back and opened the lid, the screen was black (normal) and I pressed the right arrow to get the display on again. NOTHING happened! No matter what I did it kept being black. So, I long-pressed the power button to turn the laptop off and try again. The bootloader Clover loaded fine and I selected Sierra for booting. The system started booting, the little apple logo appeared and withing 2 or 3 seconds, while on first stage (the progress line started filling up) the screen started dimming until it was completely black! The system continued booting (I could see the disk light flickering) and continued like that for a long time, but the display never got alive. The system continued "booting" until I got tired and powered off the system again to try again. I pressed several key combinations (Fn + Prt Sc, Fn + Pause, Fn + F6, Fn + Insert, etc) trying to control the brightness, but nothing changed. I tried power off and power on several times but it kept doing the same thing. Starts booting, gets into the firsts stage, displays apple logo and progress line and then the screen dims until it becomes black. The strange thing is that it does the same thing even when I try to boot from external Sierra 10.12.6 cloned USB disks. The same happens not only with cloned Sierra external USB disk, but with an older El Capitan cloned USB external disk! I am stuck! Anybody has any idea of what happen? or how I can fix it, short of reinstalling El Capitan as per original article and go through the whole ordeal again?
  19. Well at first it took me a few try's to get it to load, the other thing that was changed is in Graphics checked Inject EDID
  20. Hi Hangten, I did that already and also checked the .plist file if it was applied and it was.
  21. Try using Clover Configurator (mount EFI) open the config.plist and go to section SystemParameters, check NvidiaWeb
  22. Hallo everybody :)) I recently got a near new Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250 GB for free and decided to use it to install Sierra on it. I have a Antelope Audio Discrete 8 Audio Interface which i currently run via USB on El Capitan 10.11.6. Now i want to use the Interface's TB connection. To be able to use it i learned that i need to install a extra TB card, in my case a ASUS TB EX3. So i updated my Hack from El Capitan 10.11.6 to Sierra 10.12.6(16G29) using the App Store and clover v2.4kr4542. Now i have on the new 2nd SSD Sierra 10.12.6(16G29) running, but the NVIDIA WebDrivers do not work, as well as the HooToo USB 3 Hub only recognizes the optical mouse and keyboard, no USB Stick is recognized. Sound via my AA Discrete 8 works fine. I installed the recommended WebDrivers for the build after the install finished. In addition i used Terminal to enter sudo nvram nvda_drv=1 command put a nvramFile.kext to L/E and nvram.dylib to Extra/modules. With configurator i changed the SMBIOS to a 14,2 iMac and System Parameters to Inject System ID and NvidiaWeb. As i was using this "new" version of clover i was not sure if i have checked the right boot options on the clover boot screen. With only the option nvda_drv=1 checked i couln't boot into Sierra, only with nv_disable=1 i could boot into Sierra again with only OSX DefaultGraphics driver running. I'm still able to boot into my running El Capitan 10.11.6, where all runs fine. So i hope that someone of you might be able to help me, point me in the right direction. Sys Specs: ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Skylake i7 6700K, EVAGA GTX Geforce950SC, 3xSamsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB, 1 for OS X El Capitan 10.11.6, 1 for OS X 10.12.6(16G29) and 1 for Data etc. ACER T23HL Touchscreen Monitor(running with TouchBase UPDD Drivers with occasional hickups), Antelope Audio Discrete 8 via USB.
  23. vector sigma

Clover Bug/Issue Report and Patch

Hi Sherlocks, EDID >= 256 bytes is just like the other, for that you have to check bytes[126] which is the number of (optional) 128-byte EDID extension blocks to follow. With that you should be able to know the expected size.
  24. malvibra

Issues with launchd (?) on i7 4790K

Thank you! I'd like to learn how to patch DSDT, i have fun doing this kind of things. Is there a guide to start? Here the download, the Insanelymac downloader doesn't allow me to attach the file.
  25. surfinchina

Corsair Peripherals

Cool. Once you're installed they seem to keep up with updates. Just the other day I got 2.24.50 update. At the beginning they did give me a specific Mac firmware though. Maybe it's not needed now. Thanks for the backup btw
  26. shaggymane

gma x4500 clover

I am booting the Snow Leopard install cd.. not sure how to get logs from that. I have full working system with Chameleon .. just trying to use clover to install instead .
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?