Welcome to InsanelyMac.com - No more ads! And some exciting news... Read more... ×

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. AlainTox714

load a SMBIOS.bin file with Clover

Thanks again Slice, With this info should not be to hard.
  3. Today
  4. Great @Cclown98 but there's an issue, BIOS developer said to me that I need to flash that BIOS with a programmer device https://github.com/BIOS-iEngineer/HUANANZHI-X99-F8/issues/7 Did you just flashed the mobo with the BIOS file and FPT or AFUWIN64 (Aptio V)? and in case you flashed directly from BIOS-iEngineer repo, can you share the exact BIOS file used and the flashing method and commands? I think my x99-F8 is rev 2.0 Thanks!
  5. Yes: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/universal/memory.html
  6. In a year full of bad surprises, finally we got good news!
  7. naiclub

Clover General discussion

I tried a PCB design program, it works great on bigsur.
  8. Thanks very much for clarifying. Now I have a decision to make, trying to cool my office with a more efficient i3 or upgrade my current HP 8300 Hack. I finally updated my real Mac to Big Sur now that Camtasia has a workaround for Big Sur compatibility, and have to admit while it is snappier, the new OS is a bit of a letdown. That leaves me with the option to stick with Mojave to see how many iPad apps are made Catalyst compatible so they run on Intel architecture. That's what I was so excited about when they first announced Big Sur only to limit the option with the M1 announcement. Ugh, but saves me some time. I did learn Open Core helping a friend just a few weeks back, so might go ahead while the process is still fresh. Decisions, decisions...
  9. PG7

@Jief_Machak thanks I already hid the comment where I had the kext sharing as well as the steps and I am 100% in agreement with you I'll be here to help you
  10. Hervé

AR8152 ON BIG SUR

Isn't that old stuff? Check the kext dependancies. They'll have to be met for the kext to load.
  11. Hervé

What's happen whit insanelymac.com?

That's what's up (as published in the new Info banner at top of forum):
  12. PG7

@Jief_Machak @Slice Good Morning - as suggested by Jieff I hid the post where the kext resolution was so as not to share that method and then we can help in the most correct way by Clover - here are already these debug and preboot to be able to analyze where the problem of not always working could be - in case you need something else just tell me what and how to recover because I am weak in the terminal! - I'm sorry I divulged the method we found but I'm with you to do it in the simplest way
  13. Cyberdevs

What's happen whit insanelymac.com?

And Hello to you too! On which topics do you get the error? any details could be helpful.
  14. Enckyridion

AR8152 ON BIG SUR

Hello. Is any Qualcomm Atheros AR8152 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.30) kext working on this new version of Big Sur? If so, could you help me? I've been looking for days and everyone I test doesn't work. Thank you.
  15. sometimes I go to insanelymac.com and got 404 or 403. I need to know what's up?
  16. Components: ASRock X79 Extreme4-M MotherboardG.Skill RipJawsZ 2133 MHz DDR3 CL9 RAMIntel Core i7-3820 @ OC'ed to 4.3 GHz CPUCooler Master ML240 AIO Cooling SystemASRock RX 590 Gaming X OC Graphics CardCrucial SSD 256GB - WindowsSPCC SSD Solid State Drive 128GB - Mac OSASUS BT400 BluetoothCooler Master Silent Pro 600w (lil old boy) PSUCorsair Carbide Spec-01 CaseExtra:Ajazz AK33 Mechanical KeyboardLogitech G502 MouseACER KG241Q MonitorWhat is working:BluetoothUSB2Power ManagementGraphics (not so good bench) -lilu - WEGCPU (not so good benchmarks)What is not working:USB3 (USB2 speed)Benchmarks:GeekBench 4 CPU: 4300 - 16000Geekbench 4 GPU: 120.000Cinebench 15 CPU: 715 ptsCinebench 15 OpenGL: 86.000 fpsCinebench 20: 1600 pts
  17. jlrycm

@naiclub, I would love to but I’m aware of the limitations I have in the SSD and enclosure I’m using which are SATA based. Later on I would buy something better, but at least now I can make system backups in Big Sur in the way I was in Catalina. @iCanaro. Thanks a lot for your previous feedback. I tested it booting Big Sur through both Clover and OpenCore with success.
  18. Hi MaLd0n, Thnx again for your work. Going to build one. Can you check the link for the Dsdt? https://www.olarila.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=29784
  19. chris1111

Yea me to I prefer the blue because its look like Apple folder
  20. iCanaro

I see it's a specific injector for ASmedia 2142, if it solved, great, very good
  21. naiclub

If you use it completely, happy too Happy with the macintosh
  22. enlaid

The path is open : Hactintosh ARM

Have you seen iOS running on the Snapdragon? ARM arch is not enough.
  23. jlrycm

@naiclub, @iCanaro. Someone shared with me the attached kext that if loaded solves the Big Sur issue with the ASMedia 2142 based USB 3.1 controller. It was tested in a X299 build and in mine and it worked in the sense that the USB 3.1 drive I connect is recognized. Thanks a lot to all for the efforts and time spent trying to help me with this. ASMedia.kext.zip
  24. naiclub

I think it should be right. Because from beta 11.0 to 11.1.20C5048 K. Can not access the installer. It says Mac-27ADBB7B4CEE8E61 is not supported, turn it off immediately. Up to 11.1.20C5048l successfully reached the installation page. You said it should be right or not.
  25. ellaosx

Apple brought back support for iMac14,2?
  26. You try a week in my shoes and then say that...lol If only.
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?