Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  

Leopard Darwin

2 posts in this topic

I have just registered so I am not allowed to start a topic of my own until I have posted in 5 other topics, hence this "hijack" (sorry to origionator of this post).

I am experimenting because I have been told that what I want to do is impossible i.e. the exact oposite of it being easy. I believe my error is when darwin is running. A GIF of the screenshot has been attached to this post.

It says its loading NullCPUPowerManagement from 4230480

Invalid front-side bus frequency 45Hz.

Disabling the CPU ...

I am attempting to create a Hackintosh on Windows Virtual PC under Windows 7. I know it has been done on VMWare, but it is large and the available downloads include a pirated VMWare hence collegues are reluctant to try it. Windows Virtual PC is freely downloadable so would reach a much larger audiance.

To get this far I had to write my own vitual DVD software to mount the dmg as accessing a physical drive does not give you enough to read "the $26 disk" (2 weeks from starting).

The purpose of this post is for somebody to point me at "a little light reading" for the next stage. Unfortunatly I don't know if I need to learn about darwin, OSX install or custom kext next from my error.

You come highly recomended so thanks in advance.