Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  

Create a new thread in different posts

8 posts in this topic

Hi have a long  install guide. I'm going to release a new version, and I'd like to know how do something that I can see sometimes: Split the topic in several - consecutive  posts , to make the reading easier. Even reserve some first posts to update the main topic. When I try to do it, the system merge automatically in one post. I understand that is a rule anti-spammers. But , however, I can see some threads where the author can do it.
How can do it?

Yes, sure.

But to doing that you'll need wait around 5 min.

And if only you wanna post, you'll need lock the topic, and the people will be able just to read. After you doing what do you want, you can unlock it, then the others will can post on it.

A trick for you: copy your post elsewhere then move it to your new topic.

The user @fantomas has help me to get this knowledge. - Thanks buddy  ;)

Ooops,  I miss your answer. Finally I did it becuse anybody answered in my thread. So I could reserve a few post and split it. By the way, the time to post again without the auto-merge is , at least 30-40 min.

The lock - feature is interesting.