Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  

OSX / Windows / bootloader on same SSD

4 posts in this topic

Hello everyone

I have Windows 7 installed on one SSD, and OS X Mavericks on another SSD. When i installed OS X, i choiced GUID partition table.

After i finished installation of OS X, i went into BIOS and changed in " Hard Disk Boot Priority " and i selected the SSD where OS X Mavericks is installed.

Both OS, Windows and OS X are working fine, i can't complain, but after i made this changes in BIOS, under Windows is a problem.

I'm using Acronis True Image for Windows 7. Sometime i do play some games ( that's the reason i want to keep Windows )

And sometime i do test differrent stuff, like programs, OS modifications - themes, and so on. But everytime when i test something, i make sure to activate the options from Acronis True Image, called Try and Decide.

Okay, after i test whatever i want, i reboot the PC and after the reboot and before OS loading, i have two options from Acronis :

1 - Continue in the mode

2 - Stop and Discard

( see the attached image, please )

But now i can't use anymore this option " Try and Decide "

When i open it, it says " Cannot start Try&Decide because system partition is dynamic "

Of course is not. I checked in Disk Management.

The error appears ( i guess ) because i changed the Hard Disk Boot Priority. If i go back into BIOS and change back the SSD, with the Windows 7 one, as the first, Try and Decide is working, but that's annoying. I don't want to go into BIOS, everytime when i want to use Try and Decide.

My question is : could i, maybe, to have the MBR for both SSD's, on one single SSD ? I mean, i'd like to have the MBR on the SSD with Windows 7, and so, i can leave the SSD with W7, as the first, in BIOS - Hard Disk Boot Priority

You thing that might work ?

Thank you, i hope you can help me with some advices.

Did you read the first post in this thread ??

sorry  :angel:

2 partitions on a ssd is not a good idea.