Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  

MSI X58M (MS-7593 v1.0) with ATI Radeon HD 5450 Working

1 post in this topic

Hello Just wanted to share my 1st build running 10.9.2 with Audio and Video working great.I didn't really find any other post with the exact mobo as i have I'm posting this for future references.

I had problems at 1st trying to get the installer to come up all i was getting was a flashing grey screen and it would reboot.

What i Did was in the BIOS i Enable all the CPU setting and Disable HPET under power management and of course set the drive to AHCI mode. After that i did a reboot and the installer came up and completed the install with out any problems.

Once done i updated to OS from 10.9 to 10.9.2 and lost my ethernet, Ran ##### selected drivers-network-Realtek-AppleRTL816Ethernet 2.0.6 installed it then reboot and network was back.

Video and Audio were not working correctly i found a post by polyzargone thats had the same Video Card and he provided the correct kexts to get video and audio woking correctly. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/296477-ati-hd5450-on-1092-missing-amdradeonacceleratorkext/

Would like to thank a user from that chat alanmacfeeb that provided much assistance he pointed me out to the correct direction.

X58M (MS-7593 v1.0)

3.08 GHz Intel Core i7 950

ATI Radeon HD 5450 (Need to load Kexts provided in attachment with Kext utility, Much Credit to polyzargone )

12GB of Ram