Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Can I Run logic Pro X on aspire one D250 (or 532h)?

6 posts in this topic

I've got an asus 532h and a D250. I was asking myself if it could be possible to run Logic Pro X on one of them when I'll set OS. 

I'm going to use only logic Pro and i'm not interested on installing more than that..

Thanks in advance,

No. There's no way you can run that anywhere close to functional. After a track or two, the computer will be maxing out. Guaranteed.

InsanelyMac Netbook Moderator

I use Logic Pro X on an EEEPC 1201n, 4GB of RAM, but I really don't know how the Atom 330 CPU compares to the D250. I can open up to 8 tracks, one being the Drummer A.I. track, before getting the dreaded system overload box and having to resort to freeze tracks and all that jazz. Heavy plug-ins like Native Instruments will let me use even fewer tracks. One interesting thing I noticed is that there's a graphics-related (yes, graphics) bottleneck, and to make the musical typing to work without lags, I must never zoom the track horizontally.  I suppose this would be even worse with your netbook, since its graphics aren't supported at all. That's it. Hope my experiences be of some help.

All the best!

P.S.: I forgot to mention that my 1201n is OC'd to 2 GHz.

P.P.S.: also, if I'm not wrong, the Aspire One D250 uses an Atom N270, of which the integrated graphics are supported by OSX up to Lion, but unfortunately is a 32-bit only CPU, meaning no Mountain Lion/Mavericks, thus no Logic Pro X.

P.P.P.S.: buy a second-handed MacBook White Unibody, making sure it's a later model with 64-bit EFI: those can run Mavericks, and you can find them on Ebay at a fairly reasonable price.

Thanks guys,

So im going to leave the idea of having logic on the netbook.

Ill build a powerful pc because i need more than 8 tracks (just drums need me 8 tracks).

Have a nice day

Suggested specs:

Intel Core I7-4770K;

Gigabyte Z87-UD5-TH - with Thunderbolt, you secure the possibility of a future upgrade to hi-end sound interfaces;

The maximum RAM you can afford;

A reasonably sized SSD for the system and the larger HDD you can afford for data;

A 500W power source unit from Corsair;

Some cool minor peripherals. The Magic Mouse is a cool addition for horizontal scrolling.

All the best!