Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Andrea Z

Switchable Graphics Problem 10.8.2

7 posts in this topic

Hi to everyone, 

I'm trying to install iATKOS ML2 on an HP G62 with the switchable graphics card.

Everything seems fine except this:

if I boot with GraphicsEnabler=No, the PC boots up, in system info it shows an unknown ati gpu with no kext loaded, no QE CI and everything is laggy. But at least all the rest works fine.

if I try to boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes, it shows the attached errors.

I'd like to totally kill the Radeon card, I'd be happy to use just the integrated Intel HD gpu, but I tried million ways (changing DSDT, kext's and all the possible boot flags..) without success.

What could I do?

Thanks for your help

I tried changing the booting frame buffer using the flag AtiConfig followed by the name (ex. Langur).. Still nothing.. I always get the same error.

My CPU is an Intel i3 M350 and the Radeon is a 6370M.

Edited by Andrea Z

Is your GPU 5470m or 6370m ? I thought HP G62 comes with 5470m ! 

6370m, I just checked... G62 got something like 30 / 40 versions.. I'm hating this.. Got any idea on how to solve this?

I need to enable the flag GraphicsEnabler...

6370m that comes with HP 68e4 has aticonfig=Eulemur

Ok, so this is the string I will put in the aticonfig.. What more do I need to do? EDID modifying no?

Update: Radeon Monitor says "Unknown device ID"....