Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  

Asus X201E QE/CI graphics acceleration

3 posts in this topic

Hi all!

Just got this cheap handy 2nd hand Asus X201E notebook. Very light, nice looking so i was thinking - why not turn it into some kind of Air model?

I managed to install Mountain Lion 10.8.2, after a couple of days made the graphics run smooth, sound is ok, everything looks almost good BUT no way to watch a video on that little thing. It's either black playback on VLC or all jerky with QT.. after doing some research it looks like i'm still totally lacking the QE/CI function.

It was not easy to get the specifications but it seems like being a Sandy Bridge Celeron 847 with Intel HD graphics apparently based on HD2000 chipset.

I did the research, I looked over the forums - for a looong time. I installed hundreds of kexts. Still no watchable video.. Apparently you can get graphics acceleration with a HD3000 sandy bridge architecture, or older Arrandale GMA HD graphics but I couldn't get a clear answer for that in-between architecture.

So all I'm asking here is a YES (and a solution, please) or a final NO so I can finally get some sleep :)

I used [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 1.7.0. Installed with default options + laptop install, I had to play a little with the bios: disable XHCI Pre-Boot Mode, disable Fastboot, enable Launch CSM to be able to boot the usb bar. I had to use the safe mode (-x flag) to get the installer working, then same flag to bootup first time. Then installed a few kexts found here and there (I'll post the links later if you need) and I got it working. Except for the graphic acceleration..