Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

"Still waiting for root device" iAtkos s3 v2

3 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, I really need your help

I've been looking on your forums for a few days, I've searched everywhere and i cant find anything anywhere, so i decided to write a post.

Im trying to install iAtkos s3 v2 Snow leopard on my old Compaq presario s0000/8000.

It has 512mb ram

Intel Pentium 4 with HT technology

Intel extreme graphics 

I have a usb keyboard/mouse wireless. 

This is post intstallation, i cant even get to the install. i insert the disc, boot up the PC and i get to the iAtkos boot screen, press any key to boot from disc or press f8 for more options, ive tried boot flags or whatever you call them -x with -v -x, -v, -s wont boot at all. it says 

ERROR: Firewire unable to determine security-mode; defaulting to full-secure.

I wait and then i get 

Still waiting for root device

this continues on and on. I've seen posts about still waiting for root device but none of the replys ever seem to work. when i turn off fire wire in BIOS, i get "com.apple.AppleFSCompresionTypeZlib load succeeded."

still waiting for root device

I once got what I though was a kernel panic, cant quite remember, something like 

please take a photo of the screen and send to someone and explain what you were doing at the time.

sorry for any inconvenience (then loads of different numbers.

if I don't use any boot flags then my apple logo appears with the loading pin and then a few mins later I get the circle with diagonal line through it.

I don't know what to do, i have an idea it might be something to do with my hard drive. I recently had iDeneb leopard installed but i really need snow leopard i watched a video on YouTube how to do it with pentium 4 processor and 512mb ram, it is possible, apple may say its not compatible but I've seen it up and running. so if it is my hard drive maybe i need to format it to a certain type, but I don't know how with no OS installed as i formatted iDeneb through Windows XP installation disk but only to (raw) I don't know what that is, it doesn't pick up NTFS file system. so i really don't know. please help! 

and I've spent like an hour explaining this so please don't say its not compatible or something stupid because I know it is i just need an answer!

my photos wont upload